C
clammyside
Guest
Francesca, my prayers are with you. Our Lady, please intercede for our dear sister.
Amen.
Amen.

Thank you!I’ll light a candle at Saturday evening mass and pray for yourself plus others on my list.
It’s true. I have a much easier time dealing with difficult folks to whom I’m not related. I suppose one thing is my family knows all my history and knows which buttons to push – even if they sometimes don’t do it on purpose!It can be a test of faith with family and I struggle myself, at times, with my sisters and brothers even at my age!
Thank you. It’s supposed to be actually springlike this weekend, for which I’m grateful. I got utterly soaked on my walk from the subway to work one day this week!Anyhow, philosophical musings aside, I pray that you feel a bit happier soon and enjoy another spring/summer in this short time we have.
Good luck and God bless.
It’s one of my confirmation names, so I chose it myself!Francesca, (One of my all time favorite names btw!) I will pray for the tough times you are
going through. And do ask for prayer whenever you need it!
One way I get through some of my tough times is to pick something to do for someone else. For example, pick up a card for a friend that says how much you appreciate their
friendship or, tell one of your children how happy you are that God gifted you with them,
how much you love them, a co-worker whose smile brightens your day. Do a chore for
a neighbor who isn’t expecting it. Visit a shut-in.
Focusing on someone else seems to help you appreciate that your problems are not
unsolvable.
Of course, the prayer is a given. I used to put on my favorite religious music and that
helped a lot , too.
So glad to hear the good report. God’s continued blessings. Trust Him in the good and the bad times. He is there in both!Thanks, everyone, for your prayers and kind words.
I did actually start a new job on April 5, and it has definitely helped a *lot *. The learning curve is steep – I’m still a pension analyst, but this job is strong on the “analyst” part; also their plans are completely different from the kinds I’ve worked on, and their system and preferred ways of doing things are also totally new to me.
So I’ve had moments of panic and a few of discouragement, but I’m getting there. My coworkers are very nice and the culture is much, much more laid-back than my previous job. (It’s funny; I thought I’d have to buy new, nicer clothes since I was going to work in the City. Turns out the problem is I only own one pair of jeans.)
Things have also improved with my family. I think that not being at the very end of my emotional rope helps me to deal. Well, that makes sense!
I have started a 54-day novena (hi Clammyside!) with the intention that I pass my six-month probation and that the ongoing labor negotiations don’t end up with me laid off. It is bringing me a feeling of peace. And I am feeling my faith returning.
I have also started working on some cognitive therapy and had my antidepressants increased, so this is helpful.
Thanks again… I know I shouldn’t feel bad about asking for prayers; I just felt selfish since I hadn’t been posting in this forum much!
Francesca
