T
Trap_344
Guest
i Could have not got meat but they already had bacon so I decided screw it , I was not in the right mind I was hungry , kinda like the snickers commercials
It was venial.Me and my dad (doesn’t care for Catholics) he got the only shrimp left, I got loaded nachos with brisket (it was a bbq place all they had was meat ) knowing it was Friday but not wanting to make him mad , would this be a mortal sin or venial . Sorry for bad grammar and English
On another note…why was there even shrimp at a BBQ place?Me and my dad (doesn’t care for Catholics) he got the only shrimp left, I got loaded nachos with brisket (it was a bbq place all they had was meat ) knowing it was Friday but not wanting to make him mad , would this be a mortal sin or venial . Sorry for bad grammar and English
I think there is some intimidation going on from the parental units:If you wanted to observe a meatless Friday, was there some reason you couldn’t haven’t asked for the brisket not to be included? I know at Taco Bell they have triple layer nachos with nacho cheese, beans, and red sauce. No meat. Maybe the place would have accommodated you.
my dad (doesn’t care for Catholics)
If he had made a special request like that it may only stoke the fire.My parents don’t like catholic so I have to wait till I’m a adult to be confirmed , I’m only 14
I know what you mean, but it is not Good Friday yet.For Good Friday , shrimp and catfish
Not in the USA during Lent on Fridays we don’t.we do have the option of substituting another penance in place of abstinence from meat,
You can, but that’s not what you did here. When you are in doubt you can sit it out. But don’t tell others to live by what your conscience tells you.Why would I not tell people to be careful when receiving the dreadful mystery of the Eucharist?
Just a point I think is funny: a centipede is a third cousin twice removed from shrimp and lobster. I found that out when researching in online. They eat bugs in China. Would that be OK on Fridays?
Yes. They are not warm blooded.Just a point I think is funny: a centipede is a third cousin twice removed from shrimp and lobster. I found that out when researching in online. They eat bugs in China. Would that be OK on Fridays?
That’s only the case on Sundays and Solemnities, isn’t it?The liturgical day ends at sundown. Most Catholics mistakenly