One other way to look at all of this RRusso1982 is:
OK. Here is my case in point. Suppose you have a person who is overall a good person, lives a clean life, helps others, and the worst thing that person has ever done is have premarital sex or missed mass a few times, but overall a good person. If that person dies, do you honestly think that person deserves to rot in hell for all eternity? I would say maybe a stint in purgatory at worst.
Now think of it this way . . . .
OK. Here is my case in point. Suppose you have a person who is overall a good person, lives a clean life, helps others, and the worst thing that person has ever done is. . .
. . . . .well really nothing too bad. Oh I OMMITTED doing things I SHOULD have done and I KNOW I should have done, but I never even had premarital sex or missed mass a few times, but I was overall “a good person”.
Oh I admit I didn’t try to feed the hungry (not just “food” but “truth”), etc. but mere sins of omission? I mean it’s really not that big of a deal. . . .
NOT MATTHEW 25:31-46 (Phantom Verse) 31 “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, . . . . 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ 41 **Then he will say to those at his left hand, do you honestly think that you guys deserve to rot in hell for all eternity? I would say maybe a stint in purgatory at worst. So have a little time in Purgatory playing volleyball and have fun. We will see you when you’ve run out of beer. **
42 Yes I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ . . . '
Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ 46 And they will go away knowing that they did not deserve to rot in hell for all eternity. They merely get a little stint in purgatory at worst. But the righteous go into eternal life right with these guys.”
Or is this what Sacred Scripture REALLY teaches . . . . .
MATTHEW 25:31-46 31 “When the Son of man comes
in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand,
'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer,
‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
You and I are going to be there for this event some day RRusso1982. Now is the time when we can (with God’s grace) decide where we are going!
If this is true concerning sins of omission, how much more true is it for sins committed?
What will the Lord say regarding that old girlfriend or old boyfriend that you (or some other reader) may have abused?
I don’t know but it may be something like . . . ."'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me."
NOW is the acceptable time RRusso1982.