No. It is NOT her job to keep YOU accountable. YOU need to be 100% responsible for your own sobriety. If you put that onto her, then you can play your mental games and if she does something you don’t like, you will then have a ready excuse to go and drink. “Well, if SHE hadn’t done THAT, I wouldn’t have to drink!!!” No, mkipp, your wife is not your sponsor, she’s not your therapist, and in this arena, she needs to detach from you with love, and work her own program. I recommend that she attend Al-Anon meetings immediately, and if you have a good therapist, she will recommend AA for you and Al-Anon for your wife.
However, that you say you have already discussed this with your therapist gives me concern that the therapist is not confronting your issue head-on. Unless she’s an addiction specialist, she’s not going to be able to analyze you out of this addiction. Even then, no matter what, YOU have to do the work.
I just don’t think you’re ready to give it up yet.