ID to buy groceries?

  • Thread starter Thread starter F_Marturana
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s probably state law, so they really don’t have any choice.
I don’t think so, since none of the other stores here do it, not even the liquor stores. It’s probably just the corporate policy of the Rite Aid chain.
 
Could be. Easier to remember to do it every time if you don’t make exceptions.
 
Yes, the employee could get fired not asking for ID for an alcohol or tobacco
transaction.
 
Yes, the employee could get fired not asking for ID for an alcohol or tobacco
transaction.
I know, I get it, I don’t want to get the cashier in trouble, and I always have my license in my wallet anyway. Still, it’s kind of silly. You’d agree if you’d ever met me.
 
Well, I am 8 years older than you so they would more than likely ask me too.

When I used to work at Sam’s Club, even though I wasn’t a cashier we were still tested on alcohol and tobacco transactions and the procedures. I was happy I never had to worry about that kind of stuff. People too young to buy alcohol find ways to get others to buy it for them.
Sometimes the police send underage people into gas stations, convenient stores and grocery stores to see if they are able to purchase alcohol.

A store does not want to lose its license to sell alcohol.
 
But when Obama made a gaffe, was there such passion to say: it wasn’t a gaffe, because if you consider this and that and realize that he was really right, or directionally correct, of just embellishing. That is the part that is frightful: the fans just can;t seem to say: oops.
I know, that’s the really funny part, when they try to make reality conform to his gaffe.

Look, this whole thing is nothing. I doubt that President Trump, if he really thought about it, believes that an ID is necessary to buy groceries. He just tends to speak off the top of his head, without much, or any, mental editing. For his supporters, that’s a strength. OK, no problem, it doesn’t really matter.

All of us, supporters and non-supporters alike, should be able to say, “hey, that’s just Trump, that’s how he is,” and forget it.
 
I know you were, but I am just saying you all will miss him when he is gone.
 
I can tell most of you all do not shop at military commissaries. We always must provide our military ID to grocery shop.
 
most of you all do not shop at military commissaries. We always must
Don’t you have to show military ID? That’s more like having to show your membership card at Costco. Not everyone can shop at a commissary or Costco. Membership has its privileges.
 
Not everyone can shop at a commissary or Costco. Membership has its privileges.
Yes. I have the high privilege of being able to shop at Costco. The Costco in my area (Brooklyn) is always entertaining, that’s for sure. I swear you’ll hear at least a dozen different languages on every trip. One of the reasons I love living in New York City.

And yes, I’ve got to show my ID to shop there.

Maybe Donald Trump does all his shopping at Costco?
 
Last edited:
That is exactly what I wrote. You cut off that section of my post. But yes, we do show a PICTURE ID (military ID) to shop for groceries. Others show ID to shop at Sams Club or Costco. I’m sure there are other places people must show ID to shop
 
So should being a citizen of the United States of America. But some folks just want to give the country away…
 
I found this quote in a book called “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young… August 3. Just imagine Jesus is saying this to us on this forum…

“Watch your words diligently. Words have such great power to bless or to wound. When you speak carelessly or negatively, you damage others as well as yourself. This ability to verbalize is an awesome privilege granted only to those I created in my image. You need help in wielding this mighty power responsibly.” …say Help me, Holy Spirit before you speak.

We all need to remember charity in our speech. Every single thing the President says doesn’t rise to such uncharitable comments. Prayers for us all to be kinder.
 
People like Bezos and Buffet and others hold a heck of more expensive stock in their business enterprises but you don’t hear them attacking people. Trump draws attention by doing just that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top