If a President was this religion would you still vote for him?

• Thread starter Thread starter cestusdei
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
tuopaolo:
Being an atheist is worse than being a murderer.
Nonsense. Go tell that to well-known writer Nat Hentoff, a 100% pro-lifer - and an atheist or to those who know him for his support of the pro-life cause.

So if you think murderers or adulterers can be good or moral people then you may think that atheists can be good or moral people​

The faithful Catholics who happen to be Mafia types are “good” murderers because they believe in God?
…and Father Geogan was a “good” man because he was a religious child molester as opposed to an atheist molester??

40.png
Lilyofthevalley:

So if you think murderers or adulterers can be good or moral people then you may think that atheists can be good or moral people​

The faithful Catholics who happen to be Mafia types are “good” murderers because they believe in God?
…and Father Geogan was a “good” man because he was a religious child molester as opposed to an atheist molester??
I was saying the opposite of that. I was saying that murderers, child molesters and people who disbelieve God can not be good people since shunning those mortal sins is an integral part of being a good and moral person. That was my point.

40.png
Richardols:
Nonsense. Go tell that to well-known writer Nat Hentoff, a 100% pro-lifer - and an atheist or to those who know him for his support of the pro-life cause.
I’m sure there are adulterers who are 100% pro-life too just as there are atheists who are 100% pro-life, but that doesn’t make them good and moral people.

Tup, you are stating one is automatically a good person if they are a believer. I gave you an example of a believer,Geogan, who molsted children. He believed in God, so was he a good person?
Al Capone was he a good person because he believed in God?

40.png
Lilyofthevalley:
Tup, you are stating one is automatically a good person if they are a believer.
For the umpteenth time, that is NOT what I am stating. Let me try one more time.

If you are a murderer you are automatically not a good person. Likewise, if you are an atheist you are automatically not a good person. Not murdering is part of being a good person. Likewise believing in God is part of being a good person. This does NOT mean that if you are not a murderer that you are automatically a good person NOR does it mean that if you are not an atheist that you are automatically a good person. Why? Because one can be a bad person because of OTHER SINS. Someone who is not a murderer might be an adulterer and thus not be a good person. Likewise someone who is not an atheist might be a rapist and thus not a good person.

Do you understand what I’m saying now?

40.png
tuopaolo:
I’m sure there are adulterers who are 100% pro-life too just as there are atheists who are 100% pro-life, but that doesn’t make them good and moral people.
Yes, in a certain way you are correct. There are also many faithful Catholics who are 100% pro-life but who were not made good and moral becuse of that.

Perhaps the 100% pro-lifers, whether faithful Catholics or atheists, became good and moral without regard to their later commitment to pro-life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back