I'm a protestant Christian....ask me anything!

• Thread starter Thread starter Seekingthetruth
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
They both must be getting quite old! šŸ¤“
Actually, logically speaking there is a possibility only one of them is getting quite old. So statement should have been ā€œat least one of them must be getting quite old!ā€ (one could be 2K years old while another is 30 technically) šŸ˜ƒ Also, have you ever heard of Count of St. Germain?

Last edited:
They both must be getting quite old!
I mean, discounting confecting the Eucharist as ā€œtouching Jesusā€, I didnā€™t feel up to counting the links back to Our Lord. šŸ˜‰

Last edited:
40.png
Wannano:
They both must be getting quite old! šŸ¤“
Actually, logically speaking there is a possibility only one of them is getting quite old. So statement should have been ā€œat least one of them must be getting quite old!ā€ (one could be 2K years old while another is 30 technically) šŸ˜ƒ Also, have you ever heard of Count of St. Germain?
No. I have not.

No. I have not.
Itā€™s a legend about nobleman who had a way to prolong his life and also to increase his wealth. In one instance of said legend, he was actually personal friend of Apostles and lived until around 1730 or something like that, not exactly sure at this moment.

Hope this doesnā€™t sound aggressive how would you read John 21:15-19
Ofcourse its Peter saying he loves Jesus 3 times because of his 3 denials but Jesus also tells Peter specifically to lead his sheep, no other apostles. This with Matthew 16:18 itā€™s hard to deny Peter has significant authority over the apostles

This with Matthew 16:18 itā€™s hard to deny Peter has significant authority over the apostles
I guess if you read it into the text. Thereā€™s nothing really showing that Peter had supremacy, or that the churchā€™s central hub was Rome. To answer your question, Iā€™m not sure, I havenā€™t really studied that passage of scripture in depth to have any real opinion. Perhaps if you know of some resources that dig into the topic in depth that I could look over and i could do a little study and get back to you.

Hope this doesnā€™t sound aggressive how would you read John 21:15-19
Ofcourse its Peter saying he loves Jesus 3 times because of his 3 denials but Jesus also tells Peter specifically to lead his sheep, no other apostles. This with Matthew 16:18 itā€™s hard to deny Peter has significant authority over the apostles
Are you suggesting the other Apostles are the sheep Jesus was referring to?

Did Jesus tell him to lead his sheep or feed his sheep?

Last edited:
From what I Understand it depends on the translation. (Edit: I miss wrote its either Feed or tend sorry about that!)
And no Iā€™m not suggesting the apostles are the sheep we are. Of course they are all shepherds to a certain point but Jesus says this specifically to Peter not to the others just like he only referred to Peter as the rock.

Last edited:
I know what panentheism is but what do you mean when you say you are a soft panentheist?

what do you mean when you say you are a soft panentheist?
So ā€œsoft panentheistā€ is a term i call myself. However it would probably be more accurately described as Palamite pan-entheism. Are you more familiar with that term?

Even if that would be true why include Peterā€™s and no one elseā€™s? Again hope this doesnā€™t sound aggressive itā€™s always hard to tell over text.

Last edited:
Even if that would be true why include Peterā€™s and no one elseā€™s?
I just feel if Peter was the only head of the church then they wouldā€™ve made that more clear. However assuming each apostle was an equal patriarch of a certain area for example, Peter as the head of Rome, James as the head of Jerusalem, etcā€¦ that is shown often because no apostle seems to have more power than the other

I probably didnt make a lot of sense so i can always clarify haha

Matthew 16:18
Perhaps but thereā€™s also some weird things in the greek in this passage. Such as the change from the masculine word to the feminine word for rock. So if we were to take the word actor and actress, then a similar setence would be ā€œyou are my actor, and with this actress, i will make my movieā€. So perhaps the rock on which Jesus will build his church is something other than Peter because i donā€™t think Jesus would have used a feminine word when referring to Peter.

• itā€™s either Feed or Tend depending on the translation I read. Sorry about that!

Upon rereading the article I removed my last question.

If I was willing to grant the RCCā€™s interpretation of Matthew 16. Hereā€™s a better questionā€¦ how do you go from Peter to the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back