I'm Ashamed of Portland, Oregon: Part 19

• Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reminded on another thread about giving money to bums. Right when you get on the hawthorne bridge there is always a bum holding up a sign that says “i need 75c”, so one day I gave him a dollar, he said thanks and kept standing there with the sign up. I thought it was funny. Another place is the bus transit mall area, there are a few bums who make their rounds everyday at the same time with the same route. They come in with a shopping cart of their pop cans and stuff, and leave it every few blocks, then they go to each bus booth and check the pay phones for change, then check the garbage can by the booth, and then cross the street and do the same to the other garbage cans, then they get their cart and continue down the street.

Catholic Dude:
Another place is the bus transit mall area, there are a few bums who make their rounds everyday at the same time with the same route. They come in with a shopping cart of their pop cans and stuff, and leave it every few blocks, then they go to each bus booth and check the pay phones for change, then check the garbage can by the booth, and then cross the street and do the same to the other garbage cans, then they get their cart and continue down the street.
Any of us who has tried to find happiness in sin has been on a mission as futile as that of those poor souls seeking daily to scratch out a living by searching through the same dustbins. Like us, some struggle to get out of the life, some embrace it. The only difference is that I would guess that more of them have some idea how pathetic and lost they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back