I'm disappointed in Sean Hannity

  • Thread starter Thread starter ridesawhitehors
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
rideawhitehors, I also heard that particularl segment. I generally listen to Michael Medved who is on the same time…I listen to Hannity only when I need Kool Aid although I admit he sometimes seems to be able to attract very good guests. Medved although I love the guy, seems to purposely find the most ANNOYING people on his show. While he effectively dismantles them, you still have to listen to the c**p they are passing along
LisaN
Yep, same here. I like Medved because he very respectfully lets the whackos have their say right before he draws and quarters them.

Someone mentioned Michael Savage. Boy I tell you - I can take him only in very small doses, because whenever I listen to him I get scared… too much reality for this cowgirl.
Why can’t they all be more like Raymond Arroyo?
Laura Ingrahm is the only one so far who consistently keeps my listening ear. She’s smart, funny, positive, humble, … not too mention, very catholic and not afraid to show it. I hope she recovers fully and soon.
 
Lisa N:
Aimee, the reality is that the pedophile targets LITTLE kids. The priests mostly preyed upon adolescents. There is a particular name for this activity but it is not the same as a pedophile. Now this doesn’t excuse these evil actions in any fashion. OTOH given that Hannity is a talk show host using the more inflammatory and less correct term just makes the Church look even worse than it is. We are all of course horrified by the whole thing but it was a problem of homosexual priests who preyed upon young men not little kids. From the perspective of the public, I think this is much more of a negative image. Also quite honestly by being honest about the real problem, homosexuals in the priesthood who were protected by the higher ups, he would help to remove the homosexual halo that the activists want to promote.

Lisa N
I thought they were little kids like about 8 (?) still a terrible thing…your’e right. If Hannity thinks “Rudy” will be accepted he will find out otherwise… his abortion stand…the way he treated his ex wife and their children by wanting to move them out and his girlfriend in…is enough to not support his running for office…while he was a ‘leader’ after 9/11 …that doesn’t make up for the other.
 
Lisa N:
rideawhitehors, I also heard that particularl segment. I generally listen to Michael Medved who is on the same time but just happened to be driving back from a lunch and Hannity was on the car radio.

I was really distressed by his response. You were right, the caller was very well spoken, very calm and made his point effectively. When Hannity didn’t have a response he sort of yelped “The church is WRONG!” and cut the guy off. Further he CONTINUED the myth that the priest abuse scandal was pedophelia. It was not. Then he said 'everyone should be able to take communion." I about drove off the road.

I listen to Hannity only when I need Kool Aid although I admit he sometimes seems to be able to attract very good guests. Medved although I love the guy, seems to purposely find the most ANNOYING people on his show. While he effectively dismantles them, you still have to listen to the c**p they are passing along.

Anyway I’m sending Hannity an email FWIW. Both to comment on the exchange today and to ask him to PLEASE quit with the “priests abusing little boys” myth as well as the communion comment. Glad you brought this up as I was wondering if anyone else on CAF heard it.
Right on Lisa! I think his heart is in the right place but sometimes his mouth moves faster than his brain. Seriously though, I think he exemplifies the typical pew warmer who knows next to nothing about the faith.
 
40.png
ridesawhitehors:
LisaN
Yep, same here. I like Medved because he very respectfully lets the whackos have their say right before he draws and quarters them.

Someone mentioned Michael Savage. Boy I tell you - I can take him only in very small doses, because whenever I listen to him I get scared… too much reality for this cowgirl.
Why can’t they all be more like Raymond Arroyo?
Laura Ingrahm is the only one so far who consistently keeps my listening ear. She’s smart, funny, positive, humble, … not too mention, very catholic and not afraid to show it. I hope she recovers fully and soon.
Laura Ingraham RULES! I really admire her because as you said, she is not afraid to speak out about her Catholic faith. She could run circles around Sean when it comes to standing up and knowing what it means to be Catholic. By the way in case some of you don’t know, Laura is a convert.
 
trailblazer said:
A bishop once told me that as a Catholic, I must be principled, not partisan. I have noticed particanship over principals with Sean Hannity. I am basically conservative in my political views, but never over my Faith. I am glad that I missed today’s radio broadcast; it would have infuriated me! It seems to me that, even though Sean claims to be pro-life, he promotes the Republican party !st and formost. There is no way I can or will ever support a pro-abortion candidate like Rudy Gulianni unless the opponent would be pro-abortion with other major flaws. I am and remain a Catholic first!

Love & peace in Christ,
Bob

:amen:
 
Hannity comes off as whiney to me…the Bush admin can do no wrong according to him.
 
Lisa N:
rideawhitehors, I also heard that particularl segment. I generally listen to Michael Medved who is on the same time but just happened to be driving back from a lunch and Hannity was on the car radio.

I was really distressed by his response. You were right, the caller was very well spoken, very calm and made his point effectively. When Hannity didn’t have a response he sort of yelped “The church is WRONG!” and cut the guy off. Further he CONTINUED the myth that the priest abuse scandal was pedophelia. It was not. Then he said 'everyone should be able to take communion." I about drove off the road.

I listen to Hannity only when I need Kool Aid although I admit he sometimes seems to be able to attract very good guests. Medved although I love the guy, seems to purposely find the most ANNOYING people on his show. While he effectively dismantles them, you still have to listen to the c**p they are passing along.

Anyway I’m sending Hannity an email FWIW. Both to comment on the exchange today and to ask him to PLEASE quit with the “priests abusing little boys” myth as well as the communion comment. Glad you brought this up as I was wondering if anyone else on CAF heard it.
Hannity’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.
 
I too heard the segment on Sean Hannity’s show and I also almost drove off the road. Too bad my cell phone battery was low or else I would have called and let Sean have it!

One way to let Sean know how we feel is to turn him off. Let his advertisers know too that you are disappointed in him. Also, remember Sean said “if it were not for his audience, he would not be where he is at” . Maybe we need to remind Sean that.

Also, I am sick of Sean talking about how “fat” he is! Give me a break!!! I saw him in person and he is pretty fit, so he needs to knock the self pity off!
 
Maybe we shouldn’t stop listening to him. It’s nice to have a guy like him on the air. I think that when we hear these things, we need to e-mail him and gently correct him on Catholic teaching. Sean Hannity has strong potential, IMHO.
 
I had Fox switched off about a year ago, I find some of the anchor people, rude, arrogant, nasty, and self opinionated, and if the don’t like the heat, get out of the kitchen.
And basically I was fed up with some of the waffle, so stopped subcribing.

Goodbye Fox, goodbye e-bay, I don’t miss you.
 
Savage is generally pretty good but at times when talking about religion he get’s “too ecumenical” for my liking. Other than that, I agree with him a lot. Especially on most of his ideas on borders, language, and culture.

Hannity I haven’t listened to in a while. I can’t stand the Republican cheerleaders anymore.

BTW, Pat Buchanan is a pretty good reporter. Too bad he keeps getting bounced around.
 
40.png
EddieArent:
I can’t stand the Republican cheerleaders anymore.
:yup:Yep!!! I totally agree with you on that one. I am a Republican, but as someone else said, I am a Catholic first. To think that the Republican administration NEVER does anything wrong…:rolleyes:
 
40.png
aimee:
I thought they were little kids like about 8 (?) still a terrible thing…your’e right…
No they were not little ones and that IMO is a myth the homosexual activists wish to promote. There is a real difference between pedopehlia and simply being a predatory, evil homosexual who takes advantage of a situation where they have the power and authority. And no I do not believe all homosexuals are evil predators. BUT with over 80% of the abused being males and 80% being over age 10, with many in the mid to late teens, the reality was unchaste homosexuals were the problem.

Again it’s disgusting, it’s disgraceful, it’s inexcusable but it is not pedophelia. By promoting this myth it takes the onus off the homosexuals who caused the problem.
40.png
aimee:
If Hannity thinks “Rudy” will be accepted he will find out otherwise… his abortion stand…the way he treated his ex wife and their children by wanting to move them out and his girlfriend in…is enough to not support his running for office…while he was a ‘leader’ after 9/11 …that doesn’t make up for the other.
Amen to that. I was inspired by Rudy AFTER 9/11 but beforehand was utterly disgusted at his cruel treatment of his wife, his abortion stand and his support for the homosexual agenda. We need to look beyond the Repulican relativists for a better candidate. I pray daily that someone will emerge soon.

I do appreciate Hannity’s support for Terri Shindler Schiavo and the stand he took. But he needs to open up the CCC more often 😉 , Savage is often right but I feel that the messenger kills the message. He is OK in small doses.

Also FWIW I second, third and fourth the applauding of Laura Ingraham. She is one class act.

Lisa N
 
Lisa N:
No they were not little ones and that IMO is a myth the homosexual activists wish to promote. There is a real difference between pedopehlia and simply being a predatory, evil homosexual who takes advantage of a situation where they have the power and authority. And no I do not believe all homosexuals are evil predators. BUT with over 80% of the abused being males and 80% being over age 10, with many in the mid to late teens, the reality was unchaste homosexuals were the problem.

Again it’s disgusting, it’s disgraceful, it’s inexcusable but it is not pedophelia. By promoting this myth it takes the onus off the homosexuals who caused the problem.

Amen to that. I was inspired by Rudy AFTER 9/11 but beforehand was utterly disgusted at his cruel treatment of his wife, his abortion stand and his support for the homosexual agenda. We need to look beyond the Repulican relativists for a better candidate. I pray daily that someone will emerge soon.

I do appreciate Hannity’s support for Terri Shindler Schiavo and the stand he took. But he needs to open up the CCC more often 😉 , Savage is often right but I feel that the messenger kills the message. He is OK in small doses.

Also FWIW I second, third and fourth the applauding of Laura Ingraham. She is one class act.

Lisa N
Laura wrote a book…Shut Up and Sing…did you read it?
 
40.png
miguel:
I agree. I guess I’m conservative before I’m Republican. And hopefully, I’m Catholic before I’m conservative.
Agreed !Too many people let their politics form their faith. The reverse is true -OUR faith should for our politics.
 
40.png
aimee:
Laura wrote a book…Shut Up and Sing…did you read it?
My Daughter gave me Shut Up and Sing for Christmas, two years ago. I love it. It’s a good book:thumbsup:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top