Impeachment Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theo520
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, there is more than enough evidence in the Mueller report to substantiate an impeachment charge of obstruction. Lots of Democrats are interpreting Mueller’s rare presser as a call to the House to open an inquiry.
They could start by calling Mueller to testify as to why he told Barr that his decision not to charge Trump with Obstruction had nothing to do with the Office of Legal Counsel guidelines against indicting a sitting President…
 
Last edited:
They could start by calling Mueller to testify as to why he told Barr that his decision not to charge Trump with Obstruction had nothing to do with the Office of Legal Counsel guidelines against indicting a sitting President…
I agree someone seems to be lying about that.

Mueller today:

The introduction to the Volume II of our report explains that decision. It explains that under longstanding department policy, a president cannot be charged with a federal crime while he is in office. That is unconstitutional. Even if the charge is kept under seal and hidden from public view, that, too, is prohibited. A special counsel’s office is part of the Department of Justice, and by regulation, it was bound by that department policy.
…

So that was Justice Department policy. Those were the principles under which we operated. And from them, we concluded that we would not reach a determination one way or the other about whether the president committed a crime. That is the office’s final position, and we will not comment on any other conclusions or hypotheticals about the president.
 
I agree someone seems to be lying about that.
Lying to a federal agent is a criminal offense (as Martha Stewart could attest), so Mueller telling Barr that the Office of Legal Counsel guidelines had nothing to do with his decision not to file charges would be prosecutable if, as he seems to imply now, it did. One would think an experienced prosecutor like Mueller would know that.
 
Lying to a federal agent is a criminal offense (as Martha Stewart could attest), so Mueller telling Barr that the Office of Legal Counsel guidelines had nothing to do with his decision not to file charges would be prosecutable if, as he seems to imply now, it did. One would think an experienced prosecutor like Mueller would know that.
Or, conversely, Barr is lying to us, which carries no penalty.
 
Or, conversely, Barr is lying to us, which carries no penalty.
I trust you wholeheartedly support Barr’s investigation into all the matters surrounding the Mueller investigation so we can get to the bottom of it.
 
Last edited:
I trust you wholeheartedly support Barr’s investigation into all the matters surrounding the Mueller investigation so we can get to the bottom of it.
I’m not sure what has to be investigated about the Mueller report. It is what it is.
 
I’m not sure what has to be investigated about the Mueller report. It is what it is.
For starter’s we can investigate why Mueller contradicted himself, potentially lying to a federal agent. We could also look at the role the Obama administration had in advancing the original surveillance on the Trump campaign that lead to the investigation and what evidence they based the decision to start the surveillance and obtain the FISA warrants. There’s lots of stuff to investigate, but none of it has the potential to hurt Trump, and has plenty of potential to hurt his accusers, so I understand why you’d be hesitant. It certainly sheds some light on why Mueller may have decided speak out today. He’s in the cross hairs and knows it.

Edit - they could also investigate when Mueller knew that there was no Trump-Russia collusion and why they bothered to continue to investigate and prosecute people like Flynn and Papadapoulos when there was no underlying crime.
 
Last edited:
Do you guys think that Trump wants to be impeached? Would it play out some bizzare strategy for his reelection chances?
I think he wants to continue the economic boom that started with his presidency. I think he wants to build the wall.
 
And JFK was just another womanizer. So what? They are dead and gone. Go and spit on their graves, if it makes you feel better. But their misdeeds do not exonerate Trump’s similar action. Your attempt to derail the conversation shows crystal clear that you cannot find any excuse to whitewash Trump.
No attempt to derail. Trump does not need “whitewashing” with me after appointing Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, reinstating the Mexico City Policy, letting the Little Sisters off the Obama HHS Mandate and allowing states to defund PP. Well, then there’s that defeat of ISIS, withdrawal from the Paris accord and the Iranian billion-dollar giveaway. Oh, then there’s taking the DOW from 18,000 to 26,000, and the lowest unemployment in decades. Well, then there’s incomes actually rising faster than inflation for the first time in decades. No, his deeds are “whitewash” enough.
Baloney. Mueller got others indicted and convicted, and in some of those cases Trump was an “unindicted co-conspirator”.
“Unindicted co-conspirator” is a formal legal status given to a party in an indictment who is alleged in the indictment to have engaged in a conspiracy with the person indicted, but who is not, himself indicted for a variety of reasons. Trump was never declared an unindicted co-conspirator in any indictment.

You did admit that there is no law against indicting a president. Mueller could have done it if he had believed it possible. He and his angry Democrat Clinton-supporting investigators didn’t have the evidence to do it.
 
Last edited:
Edit - they could also investigate when Mueller knew that there was no Trump-Russia collusion and why they bothered to continue to investigate and prosecute people like Flynn and Papadapoulos when there was no underlying crime.
Likely they thought they could squeeze on them enough to get them to invent some damning story on Trump. Neither did, it appears.
 
I’d like to know why Mueller wanted to talk to Trump even though he admitted he had everything he needed.
I assume a perjury trap was at play.

I’ve just read that Clinton technically didn’t commit Perjury, since the question wasn’t pertinent to the case at hand.
 
For starter’s we can investigate why Mueller contradicted himself, potentially lying to a federal agent.
How did he contradict himself? He said in the report that he didn’t opine of whether the President could be charged because of the OLC rule. He just said the same thing today.

“Given the role of the special counsel as an attorney in the Department of Justice and the framework of the special counsel regulations… this office accepted OLC’s legal conclusion for the purpose of exercising prosecutorial jurisdiction,” Mueller wrote in the report on the first page of Volume II.

The liar is Barr.
 
However, there is more than enough evidence in the Mueller report to substantiate an impeachment charge of obstruction. Lots of Democrats are interpreting Mueller’s rare presser as a call to the House to open an inquiry.
Muller’s objective from day one was to remove Trump from office, if not by charging him with a crime, then by giving a basis for impeachment. He accomplished neither and never even claimed to have accomplished them. The Dems want to impeach Trump so badly they can taste it, but some of their leaders fear it might make them look bad.

The one thing the Dems really can’t do is impeach him on the basis of what they really hate him for…possibly obstructing the future of abortion on demand.
 
40.png
JonNC:
I’d like to know why Mueller wanted to talk to Trump even though he admitted he had everything he needed.
I assume a perjury trap was at play.

I’ve just read that Clinton technically didn’t commit Perjury, since the question wasn’t pertinent to the case at hand.
Of course that’s what it was.
Which reminds me, I’d like an investigation into the thuggish tactics Mueller May have used.
 
Your TDS is flaring again.
Well, the abbreviation also means that Trump is Deranged and shows its Symptoms… that is how I parse it. 😉 Again, “Johnny did it, too!” That is all you could up with?
If he wasn’t making active efforts on his campaign promises, I’d be against him. But it’s refreshing that he is working on what he promised to.
When did Mexico fulfill Trump’s campaign promise that they will pay for the wall? I never saw the deposit slip or the canceled check.
I’m delighted that you mentioned an actual economic policy issue, tax cuts!
Of course I did. But it was a bad action, which I also explained. I suggest to bone up on economics if you wish to make arguments of economical nature. First lesson: “always consider both the short term and the long term effects and also the local and global ramifications of a policy”.
I’ll take your avoidance of ‘trade’ as confirmation you recognize your earlier errors.
You are not qualified to make such conclusions. I am not interested in carrying the topic of one thread into another. It is actually advised not to do cross-thread discussions. In that thread I explained the problems of tariffs.
Trump does not need “whitewashing” with me…
I am aware of that. Did you also like the children in cages?
Trump was never declared an unindicted co-conspirator in any indictment.
I wonder who that “Individual 1” was in your neck of the woods? (Could it be… Saaatan? Church Lady imitation 😉 )
You did admit that there is no law against indicting a president. Mueller could have done it if he had believed it possible.
No, he could not have done it. Actually, Mueller explicitly stated that he would have exonerated Trump, if he could have done it. But there was no evidence of Trump’s innocence, and the active DOJ policy expressly forbids the indictment of a sitting president, even if there is evidence for his crimes, there was no other option, but to leave it to Congress. These are the facts of the case. 🙂
 
When did Mexico fulfill Trump’s campaign promise that they will pay for the wall? I never saw the deposit slip or the canceled check.
The promise I heard was that he would focus on reducing illegal immigration, of which there were many components to the plan. I never expected M to pay for the wall, it was good rhetoric though. I still expect him to take the executive actions he has. If I fault him here, it’s for how he failed to get his first congress to fund the wall extension and retrofit.
Well, the abbreviation also means that Trump is Deranged and shows its Symptoms… that is how I parse it. 😉 Again, “ Johnny did it, too! ” That is all you could up with?
Calling him “morally bankrupt” is just hyperbole on your part, you’ve earned the TDS badge, I guess you wear it proudly.
“ always consider both the short term and the long term effects and also the local and global ramifications of a policy ”
This is why I discuss the long term benefits of running the economy near full employment. It will be life changing for a generation of minority teens to find work as teens, for low skilled people to have less illegal competition for the jobs.
In that thread I explained the problems of tariffs.
No, you misrepresented the problem with tariffs.
Your comments required the underlying assumption of broad application of tariffs, not ones selectively targeted at a trading partner, as leverage in the negotiation.

As we speak manufacturers are shifting production to Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, etc. Obviously not all of it will shift, but enough will to maintain supply with limited price increases while China feels the brunt of the axe.
 
Muller’s objective from day one was to remove Trump from office, if not by charging him with a crime, then by giving a basis for impeachment
Come on, be serious.

You don’t really believe that, do you? He could have done any number of things in writing the report that would damage or cripple the President and he did not. He could have said, “The OLC rule prevents me from seeking an indictment against Donald J. Trump, but, absent the rule, I would have”. He did not say that.

Believe it or not, there are some people who put country over party.
 
John Kerry should be deprived of his passport and kept from going to Iran to continue his dirty dealing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top