Impeachment Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theo520
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot agree with you on the ME. I think he deserves better than that. Also sanctions on Russia and Iran. I think his efforts on immigration are far better than a D. He’s not the one blocking progress in congress and he’s doing everything he doesn’t need congress to do.
 
I cannot agree with you on the ME. I think he deserves better than that. Also sanctions on Russia and Iran. I think his efforts on immigration are far better than a D. He’s not the one blocking progress in congress and he’s doing everything he doesn’t need congress to do.
I was a tough grader and a C is passing, like when I was a kid 🙂

I think he’s put a lot of effort into immigration but his style is a big part of why he hasn’t made progress with congress. I know it’s tough, I suspect all the money flowing into congress was against reform.
 
You might have a point. After being back here for a month or so I realize that Trump supporters are not swayed by the craziness and lying and bullying that is the opposition to the Trump Presidency. I’m not trying to be mean - that’s just an observation.
Allow me to rephrase that for you.

Trump is no saint, far from it, but he has done some useful things. Awful lot of lying and bullying going on when it comes to his opposition.
 
The man has lied or misled over 10,000 times
Nonsense. I have seen some of the liberal “lie lists” and virtually all of them are just differences of opinion. If Trump says there’s a “crisis at the border”, they’ll say “no there’s not, that’s a lie”.
 
Nonsense. I have seen some of the liberal “lie lists” and virtually all of them are just differences of opinion. If Trump says there’s a “crisis at the border”, they’ll say “no there’s not, that’s a lie”.
Start on the first day with his inaugural crowd being the biggest ever and work your way up to the present where he said there were no protesters in London, just cheering crowds, when it was the opposite.

Even I spot you 75% as being liberal/media hype (which it isn’t) , that’s still 2500, nothing to be proud of.
 
Last edited:
So what? He might have actually thought that about the crowd. But even if he was boasting, so what? For that you’ll support abortion and vote Democrat in 2020?

Were you there in London? Did you count the crowds or did you rely on the left wing media for your knowledge? I think we know the answer to that. It’s like the March for Life in DC. Thousands participate, mostly young people. But the left media will only show a handful and they will mostly be superannuated nuns. They lie about Trump just as they lied about Sandmann.
 
I have seen some of the liberal “lie lists” and virtually all of them are just differences of opinion. If Trump says there’s a “crisis at the border”, they’ll say “no there’s not, that’s a lie”.
Since you do not give a link, it is hard to what lists you have in mind, ot ro check what “they’ll say”.
But here is the searchable list from WaPo:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?utm_term=.725c47438949

If you go to immigration and use the keyword “crisis” you will see that most, but not all items involve particular facts relating to the “crisis”. For example, Trump is quoted as saying:
“It’s moving along rapidly, but still we have a current [immigration] crisis. We have a crisis. I know that you can go back 30 years and you go back 40 years, but I can’t imagine it being any worse than it is right now.”
WaPo notes that:
Customs and Border Protection recorded 396,579 apprehensions at the Southwest Border in 2018. As recently as 2000, CBP recorded 1,643,679 apprehensions — nearly four times more.
But WaPo does contest Trump’s use of the word crisis. For example,
Trump is quoted as saying:
“So we’re going to confront the national security crisis on our southern border.”
WaPo responds with facts:
By any available measure, there is no new security crisis at the border. Apprehensions of people trying to cross the southern border peaked most recently at 1.6 million in 2000 and have been in decline since, falling to just under 400,000 in fiscal 2018. The decline is partly because of technology upgrades; tougher penalties in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks; a decline in migration rates from Mexico; and a sharp increase in the number of Border Patrol officers. The fiscal 2018 number was up from just over 300,000 apprehensions at the U.S.-Mexico border for fiscal 2017, the lowest level in more than 45 years. There are far more cases of travelers overstaying their visas than southern border apprehensions. In fiscal 2017, the Department of Homeland Security reported 606,926 suspected in-country overstays, or twice the number of southern border apprehensions. In fiscal 2016, U.S. officials reported 408,870 southern border apprehensions and 544,676 suspected in-country overstays.
The list goes on and on, together with the facts that support their contention. Their work is much, much better than your characterization of it, which, in charity, suggests a lack of familiarity with the list.
 
Last edited:
Were you there in London? Did you count the crowds or did you rely on the left wing media for your knowledge? I think we know the answer to that. It’s like the March for Life in DC. Thousands participate, mostly young people. But the left media will only show a handful and they will mostly be superannuated nuns. They lie about Trump just as they lied about Sandmann.
The opposite of Trump Derangement Syndrome is Trump Blindness Sickness.

People suffering from TBS don’t believe anything they read that might cause them to rethink their support for Donald Trump. Everyone else is making things up.

 
The opposite of Trump Derangement Syndrome is Trump Blindness Sickness.

People suffering from TBS don’t believe anything they read that might cause them to rethink their support for Donald Trump. Everyone else is making things up.
No, I fully recognize there is much hyperbole in what he says
That’s just his personality.

But he is usually directionally accurate. He was the cover of time many times, but definitely not the most (Nixon!)
 
So what? He might have actually thought that about the crowd. But even if he was boasting, so what? For that you’ll support abortion and vote Democrat in 2020?
No, for that I say we can do better.

I left the Republican party because of Trump. Since I’m a Virginian and we don’t register a party affiliation, I’m not sure that means anything. 🙂

But, I don’t think we should accept the craziness just because he says he’s pro life.

And, yes, I would consider voting for a center-left Democrat if they weren’t full socialist. I would consider that, because I consider Trump a threat to the nation. You might not agree with that, but I see the rule of law and respect for our institutions being eroded by Trump just so they don’t provide checks against his power grabs.
 
Last edited:
Start on the first day with his inaugural crowd being the biggest ever
This is the first “lie” you go to? It seems such trivial and unimportant thing to get hung up on. That is one of the things I notice about “Trump haters”, is how much their focus is on the minutia of Trump’s hair style, or the brash way he talks, or his three marriages. It all seems so petty.
 
The police said 10,000 protesters. The article cited organizers saying 75,000. Scotland Yard doesn’t know, but says more than 3,000. All photos in the article are anti-Trump, some with “stop Brexit” signs as well.

Not a proper basis for belief in any version.
 
This is the first “lie” you go to? It seems such trivial and unimportant thing to get hung up on. That is one of the things I notice about “Trump haters”, is how much their focus is on the minutia of Trump’s hair style, or the brash way he talks, or his three marriages. It all seems so petty.
They do that because there’s not much to legitimately complain about in his policies, particularly on CAF. Are they going to criticize his appointment of prolife justices and judges? Previously, they didn’t criticize his reinstatement of the Mexico City Policy (not using taxpayer money to fund foreign abortions) although they might start now that Biden says he’s against the Policy. They can’t criticize his defeat of ISIS. They did criticize giving Americans a tax reduction, but it didn’t have that much appeal.
I left the Republican party because of Trump
Curious.
I see the rule of law and respect for our institutions being eroded by Trump just so they don’t provide checks against his power grabs.
What laws has he broken?
 
Something is very wrong with repeating statements that are not true, harmful, and when the truth is heard, its not accepted. Instead, the repetition of spreading falsehood continues. I can imagine the response to the first two sentences of this post; it would read something like - “That’s what Trump does thousands of times.”

If they were counted, how many posts that fit that description would be yours?
My efforts to counter the slams haven’t seemed to make a difference. So, may I say President Trump is being a great President and has given no reason for such hate.
The deliberate efforts to keep him from being our elected President are in the last ditch efforts. May all those who have plotted to subvert our government be caught!
 
President Trump is being a great President and has given no reason for such hate.
Please allow me to heartily disagree. Trump’s appointment of prolife Gorsuch and Kavanaugh and his other prolife actions are, to Dems, adequate reason for the most virulent hatred, as abortion is essentially the only political value all of them share.

AOC may be a socialist and Nancy Pelosi may be an uber-capitalist, but they share their ardent support of abortion.
 
Last edited:
What laws has he broken?
Seriously? Really?

Okay, he conspired with his lawyer to pay off a stripper and circumvent campaign finance laws. Someone is in jail for participating in that conspiracy.

He ran the Trump Foundation as his personal slush fund. He never had board meetings. He had people pay him debts by donating to the Foundation. He paid personal debts out of the Foundation. The operation of the Foundation was so egregious that the Foundation was shut down for what the presiding judge called a “shocking pattern of illegality”

Those are the adjudicated ones. Oh, yeah, Trump University as well.
 
Last edited:
The police said 10,000 protesters. The article cited organizers saying 75,000. Scotland Yard doesn’t know, but says more than 3,000. All photos in the article are anti-Trump, some with “stop Brexit” signs as well.

Not a proper basis for belief in any version.
To be fair, there is basically zero evidence of anything that could be regarded as a positive crowd for Trumps visit to the capital.

Even the Daily Mail, which is the most far right/conservative paper in the UK has only reported the protest crowds were smaller than expected rather than any stories on a positive welcome. The ‘pro trump’ supporters it has referenced are the same mentioned by all the other papers (a group of 20 or so people who had to be shut inside a pub for their own safety, 5 men wearing MAGA caps and playing bagpipes, a man who had milkshake thrown on him and a married couple holding a ‘welcome mr president’ sign.

They had one story that was regarding Ivanka looking over ‘huge crowds’ at Buckingham palace, but all pictures where of her at the window and nothing of the crowd referenced. I did see some American pro Trump supporters post a crowd they claimed was there in support of Trump as evidence in contrary of ‘fake news’, but it was quickly debunked as a photograph from Liverpool after they won the Champions League final.

Speaking purely anecdotally as Londoner who was in London that day, pro Trump/cheering crowds were not in any evidence, which is not surprising since Trump is held in very poor regard here. My sister was lucky enough not to be on duty that day, but many of her colleagues in the Met were drafted in for crowd control. Those around the Mall/the palace said they had very little to do beyond watch the few tourists around the palace and closing the roads around the motorcade route.
 
Okay, he conspired with his lawyer to pay off a stripper and circumvent campaign finance laws. Someone is in jail for participating in that conspiracy.
Not against the law, and nobody is in jail for it.
He ran the Trump Foundation as his personal slush fund
That’s just an opinion. What facts back it up?
He never had board meetings
What are the legal requirements for that?
He paid personal debts out of the Foundation
Which ones?
Oh, yeah, Trump University as well.
Failure of a business is not illegal. Happens all the time.
the Foundation was shut down for what the presiding judge called a “shocking pattern of illegality”
Source? Political prosecution.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top