Impeachment Collection

  • Thread starter Thread starter Theo520
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think you’re right. It has been awhile since I researched it, but it depends on whether information is properly to be considered a “thing of value” in the same sense as money would be. I did look that up in the regulations under that statute, and it clearly says information is not a “thing of value” in that sense.

There are people (largely because of opposition to Trump) who argue otherwise, but the regs are pretty clear on the subject.

I might look it up again, but might not. It’s not an easy dig, as I recall. In any event, one can reasonably expect that Mueller would have charged Trump with that “crime” if it had been a crime. At minimum, he would have charged Trump Jr for an attempt (and conspiracy) to “commit a crime” if acting to receive information from Veselnitskaya had been a crime.
 
I don’t think you’re right. It has been awhile since I researched it, but it depends on whether information is properly to be considered a “thing of value” in the same sense as money would be. I did look that up in the regulations under that statute, and it clearly says information is not a “thing of value” in that sense.
I think foreign government interference is prohibited on it’s face, isn’t it?

I understand what you are saying, though. It’s why Don Jr isn’t in jail. It’s was not possible to put a value on the information the Russians were pedalling. It would probably be different if they offered something like opposition research results with polling data - that can be valued. Telling someone that you should investigate your opponent’s association with a certain thing or individual is harder to value.
 
One was a mispronunciation.

The other was poor impulse control. He had to issue the tweet right away and forget the spelling.

A secretary working in an office would be fired for making that many mistakes on official communications.
 
One was a mispronunciation.

The other was poor impulse control. He had to issue the tweet right away and forget the spelling.

A secretary working in an office would be fired for making that many mistakes on official communications.
That’s why it’s nice to be the boss.
 
A good secretary catches the boss’ errors before sending things out.
 
Believe it or not I actually saw whales listed on a seafood menu. I think it was a joke though. Oh, it’s price was then over a $1000.
 
So what matters is that you pay for your foreign dirt, like Hillary did?

Would a 1$ cover, or must it be fair market value.

Hillary certainly underpaid for her Trump file, that one really paid off for her.
 
This article is potentially misleading. The chairperson simply reiterates the law; that one cannot accept a “thing of value” from a foreigner in a campaign.

But mere information is not deemed a “contribution”. The statute and regulation are intended to prohibit contributed money or services that are paid for by the campaign, as Hillary Clinton did with Christopher Steele and, indirectly, his Russian sources of information. Of course, she laundered that money through the law firm that actually did the paying.

"The value of services provided without compensation by any individual who volunteers on behalf of a candidate or political committee is not a contribution. "

https://www.fec.gov/regulations/100-74/2019-annual-100
 
Last edited:
Hillary Clinton did with Christopher Steele and, indirectly, his Russian sources of information. Of course, she laundered that money through the law firm that actually did the paying.
My understanding is that this information was turned over to the FBI and McCain and Graham as well as Free Beacon had a hand in it. Unlike the stolen material hacked from the DNC servers which apparently got covered up.
 
Prior to the election, the “Steele Dossier” was used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Carter Page. Also prior to the election it was given to the media, and some of it was published.

McCain was given a copy of it, and he turned his copy over to the FBI. I have not seen where Graham received a copy before the election.

To this day, nobody but the DNC knows (if it does) who hacked their computer. They wouldn’t let the FBI examine it, though the FBI twice requested it.
 
He couldn’t find his phone, he was spinning around the office looking for the door, and could not get to a phone! He began speaking in Russian and his eyes were so popping that others ran!
Think he took some time off but his eyes are still the same!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top