Intel Halts Boy Scout Donations Over Anti-Gay Policy

  • Thread starter Thread starter rossum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see how it’s a big deal. They won’t give donations, but will to troops who allow homosexual leaders and Scouts. Their privilege to support only some Scout troops.
It wouldn’t be a big deal if they wouldn’t give donations except to troops who ALLOW homosexual leaders, but that’s not what they said. They said they would give only to troops that do have homosexual leaders, leaving out all the troops that don’t have any simply by random chance - literally because all the leaders of that particular troop are straight.
 
Also ironic is that the CEO of Intel is Catholic and his brother is a monsignor in the Diocese of San Francisco, and that the Catholic Church does, as we know, state that homosexual behavior is a sin.

I also note that the Intel Corporation actively supports the Islamic University of Gaza, even as they cut off grant funding to the BSA:

Source: arabnews.com/node/275959

The last I heard, homosexuality was condemned by Islam (and the Islamic University of Gaza is an expressly religious organization), and some Islamic nations (including Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, North Sudan and Yemen) punish it with the death penalty, the more “moderate” states may just flog gays, yet here the Intel corporation is donating to an Islamic religious university. Gay “marriage” or civil unions are not recognized in the Palestinian territories, and same-sex acts between men are punishable by imprisonment.

Intel’s website states that they will not provide grants to:

Unfortunately, the Intel Foundation’s contributions funnel money (via ANERA) towards an “educational program in Palestine” that is not exactly a community college, but which is a religious institution that is closely tied to HAMAS, a Palestinian terrorist group that seeks to impose sharia law on the world, as well as conquering the Vatican for Islam. The Dean of Quranic Studies at Islamic University of Gaza said,

(You can watch the clip here: memritv.org/clip/en/3450.htm).

16 of their professors are HAMAS representatives in the Palestinian Assembly, and the University has been used to store weapons directed against Israel. The university has called for the destruction of the state of Israel, and also doesn’t like homosexuals too much, either. Mahmoud al-Zahar, a HAMAS terrorist who helped found the University in 1978 and is still on board of directors, has called for the execution of homosexuals in the Gaza Strip (many of whom have fled to Israel, where they are safer.) al-Zahar declared same-sex marriage in the Palestinian strip to be anathema, stating, “Are these [allowing for same-sex marriage] the laws for which the Palestinian street is waiting? For us to give rights to homosexuals and to lesbians, a minority of perverts and the mentally and morally sick?” al-Zahara also said, “You in the West do not live like human beings. You do not even live like animals. You accept homosexuality. And now you criticize us?" It is the stated goal of the staff of the Islamic University of Gaza to extend Sharia Law over the middle east and the world, which calls for the execution of homosexuals.

Christians (and most Boys Scouts and Scouters) may believe that homosexual behavior is a sin and should be condemned, but they teach that we should love the individual and treat him or her with compassion. The staff of the Islamic University of Gaza, to whom Intel funnels funds through ANERA, makes the BSA look like the ACLU in its treatment of homosexuals.

Any bets that Intel won’t stand up to the Islamic faith and demand they change their doctrine to accommodate the sensibilities of the editors of The Advocate?
I suppose that if Intel discovers that Islamic University of Gaza does not hire openly homosexual professors, the Intel money will be cut off. 😉
Or does the policy apply to the Boy Scouts but not to Islamic universities?
 
Open, acceptable discrimination against straights. The next salvo in the homosexualist culture wars. I would say “unbelievable” if only it were.
 
So. Who has the bigger numbers? How to effectively counter - attack in a political manner. I would say Judicial activism. It works for our opposition.
 
It’s ok for Chick Fil A to donate to causes they believe in but not Intel?
 
La-la-la (fingers in ears) There is no gay agenda. There is no gay agenda. La-la-la.

As a scouting parent, I am more than pleased with Intel’s announcement. We are going to Camp Strake this weekend, donated by a good Catholic grad of St. Thomas. We will always make do with what we have. The Boy Scouts have held the line on the intrusion of modern sexual mores into the program. So, let me know if you want popcorn, okay. It looks like Intel isn’t buying.
 
I suppose that if Intel discovers that Islamic University of Gaza does not hire openly homosexual professors, the Intel money will be cut off. 😉
Or does the policy apply to the Boy Scouts but not to Islamic universities?
Muslims are more politically correct than Christians today.
 
I’ve been a Scout and I have Manuals all the way back to 1952. Didn’t say that the Scouts are living in sin, but if a parent or donor is, it won’t stop BSA from accepting a donation from them.
Which has what to do with the topic?

Peace,
Ed
 
Even having a “Chief Diversity Officer” is a discouraging sign of the times, like having a “ministry of truth.” The position should be renamed Chief Political Conformity Enforcement Officer.
It is common now and disturbing.
 
funny, those who seem bothered by the BSA’s stance are strangely silent on the muslim stance of condemning homosexuals to death. Which is worse?: Not hiring a homosexual, or killing them.
 
I think that the BSA won’t turn it down, though. A father or a mother of a Scout may have a lover on the side, but their money and participation in Scouting activities won’t be rejected. 🙂
Charity restrains me from giving you my full thoughts on your conduct. Suffice it to say that my ignore list has a new and well-deserved addition. Good day.
 
Open, acceptable discrimination against straights. The next salvo in the homosexualist culture wars. I would say “unbelievable” if only it were.
The designation of particular groups as protected classes inevitably results in discrimination against non-protected classes. We might as well rename them ‘favored groups’ and ‘unfavored groups.’
 
funny, those who seem bothered by the BSA’s stance are strangely silent on the muslim stance of condemning homosexuals to death. Which is worse?: Not hiring a homosexual, or killing them.
You do know that we’re speaking of the United States. don’t you? Muslims in America don’t condemn homosexuals to death.
 
Charity restrains me from giving you my full thoughts on your conduct. Suffice it to say that my ignore list has a new and well-deserved addition. Good day.
Your right to do so, of course. I put no one on an Ignore List because I think it worthwhile to read what others have to say whether or not I agree with them.
 
You do know that we’re speaking of the United States. don’t you? Muslims in America don’t condemn homosexuals to death.
We’re speaking of Intel, which donates to the Muslim university of Gaza. Thus, Intel apparently thinks it is better to support a group whose members advocate the murder of homosexuals, than to support a group who merely opposes having them in their private volunteer organization.
 
By the way, the BSA policy is National but some local chapters may have a different policy.

northernstarbsa.org/

However, I don’t know if they would allow “Gay” Scoutmasters.

This topic has been gone over, how is a 13 year old kid going to know he is “gay” and then come out openly about it in the Boy Scouts, this is key here, about a person being “openly” gay. What would this mean? Holding hands at camp outings? I think the BSA policy is sound.
 
We’re speaking of Intel, which donates to the Muslim university of Gaza. Thus, Intel apparently thinks it is better to support a group whose members advocate the murder of homosexuals, than to support a group who merely opposes having them in their private volunteer organization.
I doubt that Intel would agree with your assessment of their motives.
 
Your right to do so, of course. I put no one on an Ignore List because I think it worthwhile to read what others have to say whether or not I agree with them.
I do. There are people here whose positions I stridenyly disagree with, but their posts are well composed and thought provoking. However, there are a few here who are contrarian to the point of being obtuse and seek to enrage others. Those are what the iggy list is for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top