T
Theresalux
Guest
Purely out of curiosity, I am wondering…Is infidelity grounds for annulment?
I have been blessed with an amazing and holy man as my fiancé and soon to be husband, and this question in no way is a reflection of our relationship. However, I know people who have rushed into a marriage with a less than ideal mate (Catholic in name only and openly sinning in ways that the world sees as normal and acceptable) and have had their spouses cheat on them (Not to say that the ways they were sinning made them deserving of anything, but the lack of virtue could have a weaken the relationship in the first place and allowed for Satan to have a foothold). Three families I know personally have had either a wife or husband engage in infidelity! Truly saddens me. I can’t imagine having someone do that and then not be able to annual the marriage. Because if they were true to their vows to be faithful then how could this happen? I’m genuinely curious about what Mother Church says on this issue and her word I will accept.
I have been blessed with an amazing and holy man as my fiancé and soon to be husband, and this question in no way is a reflection of our relationship. However, I know people who have rushed into a marriage with a less than ideal mate (Catholic in name only and openly sinning in ways that the world sees as normal and acceptable) and have had their spouses cheat on them (Not to say that the ways they were sinning made them deserving of anything, but the lack of virtue could have a weaken the relationship in the first place and allowed for Satan to have a foothold). Three families I know personally have had either a wife or husband engage in infidelity! Truly saddens me. I can’t imagine having someone do that and then not be able to annual the marriage. Because if they were true to their vows to be faithful then how could this happen? I’m genuinely curious about what Mother Church says on this issue and her word I will accept.