Is It a Grave Sin to Vote Democrat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimG
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are supposed to be against both.

What example do we give when we believe the mistreatment of children is acceptable?

Abortion in Romania under Ceaușescu was completely outlawed. Would we say, “Oh well look at all these human rights abuses . It’s a prolife country so we not only tolerate the abuse, we endorse them!🤷‍♀️“
 

Here’s the video.
I’m not saying that people like Stalin and people who promote gay marriage aren’t often similar. I would probably vote Republican if was living in the US. I just don’t like doing a dogma that a proper Catholic must vote Republican.
 
And would voting Republican also be a grave sin?
The treatment of illegal immigrants by the Trump administration.
God said, what so ever you do to the least of my people, that you do unto me.
 
If I were to vote for a Republican candidate because first and foremost I believe they will support and increase the mistreatment of immigrants and refugees, that is grave matter that could be mortal sin.

For the most part, the people I know who vote “R” do so in the mindset that is outlined in paragraph 39 of the document referenced above

35. There may be times when a Catholic who rejects a candidate’s unacceptable position
even on policies promoting an intrinsically evil act may reasonably decide to vote for that
candidate for other morally grave reasons. Voting in this way would be permissible only for truly
grave moral reasons, not to advance narrow interests or partisan preferences or to ignore a
fundamental moral evil.


snip for brevity

" after careful deliberation, may decide to vote for the candidate
deemed less likely to advance such a morally flawed position and more likely to pursue other
authentic human goods."
 
For you Joe and everyone else lamenting the “treatment of illegal immigrants” by the Trump administration:

What do we do we do with people (adults and children) who show up at our border without the proper entry documents?

Note: I believe that separating children and parents at the border as a purely punitive measure is evil and wrong.
 
Shocking that he should have lived to tell the tale. Does this mean concentration camp isn’t synonymous with death camp?
 
Why are we discussing activist jews on a catholic forum? Are they relevant somehow?
 
No, I’m saying that if you have a brain you are responsible for what you do. If you don’t have one, then your culpability is also absent.
 
I vote for specific people, irrespective of party affiliation. The issue of direct abortion, which I consider always and in every case to be the least desirable choice, is one of my primary considerations in deciding. Who I ultimately choose to vote for, which is decided when I enter the voting booth, is between me, God, and the voting booth.
 
Last edited:
they will support and increase the mistreatment of immigrants and refugees, that is grave matter that could be mortal sin.
Lets play this out…I THINK the Republicans run on a platform of intentionally mistreating illegal immigrants and refugees so I’ll just pass them by and vote for the party that has factually and unapologetically stated they believe all babies in the womb can & should be killed at the whim of the mother.
 
How a person votes, why, and whether it is sinful or not is not up to any one of us. That’s between them and God. Period.
 
Certainly, voting is a personal decision. The Church is not going to tell anyone how to vote. What concerns me about the Democratic Party is that over each succeding election cycle, its platform increasingly supports grave moral evils, such as abortion and same sex marriage. It was not so when I voted for JFK in 1960, but increasingly the party leadership has been taken over by the most extreme proponents of such moral evil.
 
Go back and read what I actually wrote (that voting for a person for the sole reason that I expect them to abuse immigrants & refugees would be sin) and the Bishops wrote.

" after careful deliberation, may decide to vote for the candidate
deemed less likely to advance such a morally flawed position and more likely to pursue other
authentic human goods."
 
Okay I’m with you there. That’s a long term solution however.

Until that happens, what do we do with with people (adults and children) who show up at our border without the proper entry documents?
 
So everyone claiming asylum, the vast majority of which are not legitimately seeking asylum, should be let into the country without further scrutiny?
 
Certainly, voting is a personal decision. The Church is not going to tell anyone how to vote. What concerns me about the Democratic Party is that over each succeding election cycle, its platform increasingly supports grave moral evils, such as abortion and same sex marriage. It was not so when I voted for JFK in 1960, but increasingly the party leadership has been taken over by the most extreme proponents of such moral evil.
Precisely this.^ Now surely someone will post “but Trump did this,” or "Trump did that." We’re not talking about individuals here. We’re talking about an entire Party who is so morally bankrupt, that besides being the champion of abortion, they go even further by celebrating this fact by accepting Margaret Sanger Awards as if they were Oscars. Liberalism and euthanasia. Where to start? In Belgium, they have legalized physician-assisted suicide for children of any age. Not a particularly conservative idea, you think?

Children. The left corrupts our children by confusing them with things like promoting transgenderism, and gender this and gender that to kindergartners!!! Check out all these genderism options listed on Facebook;
Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans Female
Trans Male
Trans Man
Trans Person
Trans Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit
Are you kidding me??? And then you wonder why our children today are so confused, tormented and screwed up, that suicide appears to be a a viable option in the eyes of many of them? I could go on and on and on. It really does boil down to this. Which party is the most dangerous? IMO, thinking from a Catholic perspective, that answer is obvious!
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top