Is There any Difference between Supporting Woman Privacy Right & Supporting Abortion?

  • Thread starter Thread starter francisca.chapter3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The better law is to give husband the right to say no to wife’s abortion

And to help couples in difficulties & single mothers to choose life through adoption, help for financial and other needs too
 
Last edited:
Thou Shalt Not Murder applies to Everyone: Male and Female.
Secular considerations and laws does not supersede how God and His Law views any individual Abortion situation…

Unless a woman has had a child killed 100% against her will, the list of Guilty can be huge: and yes includes even political leaders and lobbyists who actively $upport ABORTION
 
Despite that long answer Francisca, you didn’t deny the accuracy of my conclusion.
 
Last edited:
He is complacent if he knows of the created infant and does nothing to stop the destruction and death of a child.
 
Despite that long answer Francisca, you didn’t deny the accuracy of my conclusion.
I answered that no abortion is for convenience.

I support any law that can minimize abortion. In my opinion heartbeat law would be good. Heartbeat is an indication that fetus starts breathing and oxygen supply would trigger brain & nerve activity and other activity too.
 
Last edited:
I answered that no abortion is for convenience.

I support any law that can minimize abortion. In my opinion heartbeat law would be good.
A proportion of abortions are for the “convenience” of the parent(s). Eg. The young professional objecting to career interruption.

Heartbeats are detectable around 5 or 6 weeks I believe. So that would capture a large proportion of abortions.
 
Heartbeats are detectable around 5 or 6 weeks I believe. So that would capture a large proportion of abortions.
Indeed.

It also is inline with Creation.

Genesis 2:7
Then Yahweh God formed Man, dust drawn from clay, and breathed into his nostrils a breath of life, and Man became alive with breath.

The above is Christian Community Bible, direct translation from Hebrew. I am not sure whether other translations use the word “nostrils”. But my main attention is to the word “breath of life” that triggers “Man became alive with breath”.

Heartbeat is the indication that fetus is breathing, and with that breath, oxygen activate brain & nerves, metabolism, muscular reflex & many more, which basically are the indicators that human-strands-of-DNA has become a human-person

@Rau, @Elf01, @EndTimes
What’s your opinion about heartbeat law? Is it inline with catholic teaching?
 
Last edited:
No , Genesis 2:7 is talking about birth and air being breathed into nostrils. Heartbeat precedes birth and conception precedes heartbeat. Catholic teaching is that human life formed at conception not later at heartbeat and not later at birth
 
The word nostrils probably not very acurate translation, because other translations doesn’t use it. I am not sure when fetus begin to have nostrils. And whether the latest translation methods indicate particular “nostrils” in that passage, or it is only translator’s non particular preference choice of word.

So lets just stick woth 5 to 6 weeks when fetus begin to have heartbeat
 
Last edited:
Douay Rheims version: “And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth: and breathed into his face the breath of life, and man became a living soul.”

They’re talking about Adams birth out of the Earth since he wasn’t born of woman.

Heartbeat is not when human life starts so not consistent w Catholic teaching
 
According to catholic teaching, do we have that “breath of life” or only Adam (the first man) ?
 
A proportion of abortions are for the “convenience” of the parent(s). Eg. The young professional objecting to career interruption.
The word “convenience” isn’t exact representation.

Woman sometimes going through psychological burden when find out she is pregnant (again). Having to breastfeed the first child, doing chores, and probably pay bills too.

Therefore the husband, if opposing her choice for abortion, he should help her to decide otherwise. Meaning do the chores while she’s tired and heavy because her fetus sucks her nutrients and burden her body for 24hours a day for months. Hormon changes combined with house chores and taking care of other children and mood swings can make a woman feel discouraged.

Moreover, some unlucky woman find her partner doesn’t care anyway. Porn culture has sucessfully hardened the hearts of men especially. This has made it hard on women and their fetus.

The word “convenience” misrepresent the real problem by its accusatory tone toward woman, it has created a bias in religious teachings: they fail to include compassion toward woman as if they are the hero for the fetus in that manner.
 
I see the connection between porn and abortion. But I think it wise to not lose sight of the good we are aiming for. There is so much bad that maybe too often we limit our discussions to avoiding the bad. As a single man I prayed obsessively for, literally, sexual holiness. Sexual holiness would encompass a deep goodness that would naturally eliminate lust, porn, sexual selfishness, abortion and, yes, even artificial birth control (which creates a far too enticing expectation of sex without consequences). We’ve made a god of sex, and especially of sex without consequences. Nothing will go right until we put God back into his rightful place as Lord and King over every area of our lives.
 
As a single man I prayed obsessively for, literally, sexual holiness. Sexual holiness would encompass a deep goodness that would naturally eliminate lust,
It is very good for you to pray for sexual holiness. I think each of us need to pray for it.

However, we are also looking at porn as something more than mere temptation for each individual person to overcome on their own.

Porn exploits people’s weakness systematically. Porn opposes church teaching in direct confrontation, encouraging promiscuity and threat our young teen who learn sex from porn, the rise of women & children being molested, abducted, raped, murdered. It present real danger in society.

I am sure, if scrutinize, porn would fall under unethical use of the media. Porn fails to respect the value of life. It’s content littered with false information about human sexuality that mislead many people.


Media ethics involves promoting and defending values such as a universal respect for life and the rule of law and legality.[1] Media ethics defines and deals with ethical questions about how media should use texts and pictures provided by the citizens.
 
Last edited:
The word “convenience” misrepresent the real problem by its accusatory tone toward woman
I think it reflects the relevant consideration in a proportion of abortions. But you are right that improved support for women from those around them may lessen the number of abortions.
 
Actually the word “nostrils” is in all bible books that I have.

When checked online, I found several different versions. I am not sure if I was being fed with non-legitimate sources then. But just now, I re search again, I found the word “nostril” is consistent.

So I found this article, which include a section Embriology of The Nose , which explains the timely development of the external and internal nose of fetus. Beginning as mere a swelling that appear during the fifth week of gestation that starts the formation of the fetus external nose and the nasal septum development also on the fifth week, but it begins to look like a nose on the 6.5 week.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/8372

Quote from article:

Beginning at 6.5 weeks, lateral nasal wall development occurs. The inferior concha appears above the palatine process. As the nasal cavity heightens, ectodermal folds appear in the ethmoid region and give rise to superior, middle, and inferior concha.

Anterior to these folds appear agger nasi cells and the uncinate process, future site of the bulla ethmoidalis and hiatus semilunaris. Paranasal sinuses develop as diverticula of the lateral nasal walls, extending into maxillary, ethmoid, frontal, and sphenoid bones. Their development concludes during puberty.

—end quote—
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top