Is Union with God Possible?

• Thread starter Thread starter CharlesLouis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teresa,

I was ready to bow out of this conversation, but you brought up a point again that I am curious about. You have again mentioned that these experiences and revelations that Mike and I have referred to are about “self”. I don’t understand where that is coming from.

The divine has not revealed anything to me that glorifies myself, or gives me some kind of carte blanc to live willy nilly.

I have not shared the nature of my experiences, so I do not know on what you are basing your conclusions that these experiences involve indulging the self.

What point is there in the church, if they lead you to the threshold of union with the divine and then say stop?

What is the point of cake except that it be eaten?

cheddar

Teresa,

I see this conversation is going in the wrong direction. I never said it was “me” who works any of this. Everything is from God. Period. End of story. Let’s make that clear.

Second, there is nothing wrong with obedience to the Church, as long as it doesn’t interfere with obedience to God. Let’s not mistake the means (Church) for the end (God).

I’m going to excuse myself from this discussion. There is no benefit to either of us in continuing it. Thank you for your comments.

Mike

Dear friend

This thread took the wrong turn at post no.49 for me and it has not turned back from that point, though I was hoping it would.

Thank you also for your comments and God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back