Jordan King to lead air strikes?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kount_C
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan seems to be offering a vision of Islam that makes coexistence possible. Few, if any, other leaders of Muslim nations have offered up such a vision.
Exactly. If there could only be more leaders like him in the Middle East things might be somewhat better but we still have these extremists to deal with.
 
I think the King has good intentions, he is fanatically caught in the revenge talk. I don’t know how much its leveled intentional motivational talk or pure unchecked rage, perhaps a bit of both. Other than that he sounds good. I like the idea he see’s this war as islams.
 
Without a doubt King Abdullah II of Jordan has several anatomical features that are lacking in the U.S. President, the most noticeable of which being a spine.

That said, it would be rather difficult to lead an F-16 strike while flying a Cobra attack helicopter, which is what King Abdullah is qualified to fly. He is Army, not Air Force. Someone in the media was playing with our wishful-thinking switches.
 
Without a doubt It is claimed that he is the 43rd-generation direct descendant of the Prophet Mohammad. II of Jordan has several anatomical features that are lacking in the U.S. President, the most noticeable of which being a spine.

That said, it would be rather difficult to lead an F-16 strike while flying a Cobra attack helicopter, which is what King Abdullah is qualified to fly. He is Army, not Air Force. Someone in the media was playing with our wishful-thinking switches.
The King is said to be a direct descendant of Mohammad… He is American educated and there perhaps is no one better to lead the reform from within Islam along with Sisi whom is also US educated.
 
Well that has more to do with you and your own prejudices, than it does with them.
They’re both sets of people on a free ticket who have never lived outside an ivory tower and then are left in charge of making decisions in peoples lives and held to high regard, and admiration.

But I like this Jordan king, because of his fast response. It would had been hilarious if he really did lead the air strike.
 
The king was the head of the Jordanian Special Forces. He may not be certified to pilot an F-16 but he knows strategy and how to fight.

I suspect if the will is there, he will be a powerful foe for ISIS.
 
They’re both sets of people on a free ticket who have never lived outside an ivory tower and then are left in charge of making decisions in peoples lives and held to high regard, and admiration.

But I like this Jordan king, because of his fast response. It would had been hilarious if he really did lead the air strike.
And yet, the princes I held up as an example, personally engaged themselves in wars.
 
The King is said to be a direct descendant of Mohammad… He is American educated and there perhaps is no one better to lead the reform from within Islam along with Sisi whom is also US educated.
King Abdullah’s education is mixed. His secondary-level education was American (Deerfield School in Massachusetts), but his education after that was British, at Sandhurst and Oxford. His military training included at least one course in the U.S., the Armored Officer’s Advanced Course at Fort Knox. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_II_of_Jordan#Family_and_personal_life

The American components of al-Sisi’s education were limited to receiving a Master’s degree in military sciences from the British Joint Services Command and Staff College. He also had a fellowship to the U.S. Army War College fellowship. The rest of his education was Egyptian. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdel_Fattah_el-Sisi

I believe that you are correct, that if reform in Islam (at least, Arab Islam) is to start, it must start with the likes of Abdullah and al-Sisi (if al-Sisi lasts long enough in office to have any impact at all on Islamic affairs. However, because of their Western ties, both of them may be too tainted in the eyes of rank-and-file Arabs (the renowned “Arab street”) for any reform movement that they might start to gain any momentum. For that to happen, they are going to have to have the serious support of Muslim leaders with serious religions chops, like Egyptian Grand Mufti Shawki Ibrahim Abdel-Karim Allam, or Abdul-Azeez ibn Abdullaah Aal ash-Shaikh in Saudi Arabia. Otherwise, I am not at all optimistic.
 
The king was the head of the Jordanian Special Forces. He may not be certified to pilot an F-16 but he knows strategy and how to fight.

I suspect if the will is there, he will be a powerful foe for ISIS.
I hope the king will get help from others right now because he is ready to fight and needs help.
 
And yet, the princes I held up as an example, personally engaged themselves in wars.
No offense to you.
I would say that I despise that “Prince” the most.
I have more respect for Somalian pirates
I would bet that prince harry probably had someone else flying the helicopter for him, by remote control. Just my disgruntle opinion, on life. Miserable as it may be.
I didn’t get any golden tickets through life like this “Royalty”
I despise them all.
But I still think it would had been epic, for the Jordan King, to pilot an F-16 and bomb
ISIS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top