Just came back from Tridentine Mass

• Thread starter Thread starter JRJ26
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. We are certain that these considerations, which can only reach Your Holiness by the living voice of both shepherds and flock, cannot but find an echo in Your paternal heart, always so profoundly solicitous for the spiritual needs of the children of the Church. It has always been the case that when a law meant for the good of subjects proves to be on the contrary harmful, those subjects have the right, nay the duty of asking with filial trust for the abrogation of that law.
Therefore we most earnestly beseech Your Holiness, at a time of such painful divisions and ever-increasing perils for the purity of the Faith and the unity of the church, lamented by You our common Father, not to deprive us of the possibility of continuing to have recourse to the fruitful integrity of that Missale Romanum of St. Pius V, so highly praised by Your Holiness and so deeply loved and venerated by the whole Catholic world.

The following is a link to the study that accompanied the letter which begins thus:

"The new form of Mass was substantially rejected by the Episcopal Synod, was never submitted to the collegial judgement of the Episcopal Conferences** and was never asked for by the people. It has every possibility of satisfying the most modernist of Protestants."

**http://www.latin-mass-society.org/study.htm

40.png
RSiscoe:
When the New Mass was first being introduced, Cardinal Ottaviani, who served as head of the Holy Office under three Popes (the Holy office was the Vatican tribunal responsible for uprooting heresy and protecting the purity of the Catholic faith) came out with a scathing letter against it. Soon thereafter, the Cardinal Ottaviani was silenced, and the New Mass was imposed on the Church…
Oh yeah? And just what does that mean? Sounds like conspiracy theory to me…

40.png
misericordie:
Well, must be you have attended one small country parish and decided to pass judgement based on YOUR PERSONAL experience. Not the case here in my Archdiocese: large nunmbers of professional young adults and families. My parish: about 350 every Sunday in the Tridentine Latin Mass of INDULT. Seems your experience is 1 out of MANY: adress the issues, don’t dance with opinions just the facts
350 is still pretty small – not that I think you actually draw that many.

Heck, you’re showing that bunker-mentality even in your posts…

40.png
RSiscoe:
The new mass was imposed upon the Church
40.png
Franciscum:
Oh yeah? And just what does that mean? Sounds like conspiracy theory to me…
This is why I used the term “imposed upon the Church”?

Cardinal Ottaviani: "The new form of Mass was substantially rejected by the Episcopal Synod, was never submitted to the collegial judgement of the Episcopal Conferences** and was never asked for by the people… Amongst the best of the clergy the practical result is an agonising crisis of conscience of which innumerable instances come to our notice daily. "**

No one asked for it. It was never submitted to collegial judgment. An almost identical Mass (the normative mass) was rejected by the Episcopal Synod only two years earlier. And “the best of the clergy” felt an “agonising crisis of conscience” as a result of its imposition.

That is why I said it was imposed.

Thank you to all those who have participated in this discussion. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back