Kamala Harris Says Deceased Rapper Tupac Is the ‘Best Rapper Alive’

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

Kamala Harris Says Deceased Rapper Tupac Is the ‘Best Rapper Alive’​

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Scott Eisen/Getty Images

Alana Mastrangelo

26 Sep 2020

Democratic Party vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris named deceased rapper Tupac as the “best rapper alive” in a recent interview with CNN commentator Angela Rye.

Kamala Harris answered “Tupac” when asked to name the “best rapper alive.”

“He’s not alive,” reacted Rye. “Listen, west coast girls think Tupac lives on, I’m with you. I’m with you.”

“I keep doing that,” said Harris. “Um, who would I say?”

“I mean, there’s so many,” continued Harris, appearing to attempt to think of a rapper to name. “I mean, you know, I — there are some that I, I, I would not mention right now, because they should stay in their lane, but, um, others, I… go on. Keep moving.”

It wasn’t long before Harris was getting roasted online.

“She said 2Pandering, I mean 2Pac,” tweeted actor Michael Rapaport. . . .

. . . “She said 2Pandering, I mean 2Pac,” tweeted actor Michael Rapaport. . . .

. . . “UMM?? Vice presidential nominee Kamala Harris names 2Pac as the ‘BEST RAPPER ALIVE…” wrote Chuck Callesto. “SHES BEEN SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH TIME WITH JOE BIDEN…” . . .

. . . . Last February, Harris said she listened to Tupac and Snoop Dogg while in college. But Harris graduated from Howard University in 1986. She got her law degree from University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1989. Tupac’s first album wasn’t released until 1991 and Snoop Dogg’s first album was released in 1993.

So apparently Kamala Harris is not into rap music. Maybe she’s also not as radical as some people think she is. Conservatives, in particular, should be happy about this.

Maybe she knows something!

(I’m joking, because there are conspiracy theories that Tupac is still alive, similar to Elvis still being alive)

Ooh! Did you get a selfie? 🤓

I was hoping Elvis has stopped with the fried foods.

Last edited:
Why is this news and why is it worthy of discussion?

Last edited:
DeniseNY . . .
Why is this news and why is it worthy of discussion?
Because Kamala is trying to buffalo her interviewer and the listeners (that’d be potentially you and me) about her opinion.

She is associating herself with Tupac, to get fans of Tupac to vote for her because she is such a big Tupac fan.

And it is fake. (She evidently is NOT a Tupac fan. This suggests Kamala is attempting to FOOL Tupac fans and voters.)

So the obvious question voters are going to ask themselves from this story are . . .

“What OTHER things is Kamala being FAKE with me on?”

“How else is Kamala attempting to manipulate me?”

And the standard leftist or at least Biden-supporter reply is going to be something that ignores the issue attempting to talk about “Trump”, or “Breitbart” or Cathoholic, or some other deflection.

Last edited:
The Tupac fans? And I guess the Biggie Smalls fans are to be disenfranchised.

Why, Kamala, why?

🥺

Last edited:
Today I went grocery shopping and halfway to the market I realized I didn’t have my supplies (mask hand sanitizer etc)

Too bad I’m not famous.

We could discuss my lack of masking, and my senility.

That would be fun!

I have heard that Tupac is still alive. He went to Mexico and changed his name to. “Dos Paco Chihuahua”

So who’s “really early rap” in your book?

The first one I remember in USA was Fab 5 Freddy who was immortalized by Blondie in “Rapture” in 1981, but I’m sure there were rappers before him. I lived way out in the Midwest so it took years for anything from NYC to reach us in those days.

The first ones I remember hearing a lot from were Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5, who I got to meet in person and was probably less impressed than I should have been in retrospect.

If somebody asked me now who my favorite living rapper was I’d prolly just say Drake because I like a cut or two although not really into all the new stuff and “trap” stuff. Or maybe I’d just say Travis Scott because he has a McDonald’s promotion going on where you get a meal for cheap and I bought one. Looked up his music and didn’t like it tho

Last edited:
they were the first i listened to. who was first?
Sorry, I think I misunderstood your post. Rap was popular in urban areas in the early 1970s. It came to mainstream prominence with the Sugar HIll Gang’s song “Rappers Delight” in 78 or 79

Last edited:
It came to mainstream prominence with the Sugar HIll Gang’s song “Rappers Delight” in 78 or 79
Late 1979 early 1980. It barely made a dent in the market i was in, it only got to like 36 on AT40. I did hear a lot of it and lot more from them when the college station went to 1000 watts and I started working there in 1981.

“Apache” is the first one I remember really well and that was '81.
Edited to add, I just listened to that one again and my golly by today’s standards it would be considered totally racist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back