Left cheers Harry Styles In Dresses on Vogue Magazine Cover

• Thread starter Thread starter gam197
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gam197

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)
Twenty-six-year-old musician Harry Styles became the first male to land a Vogue magazine cover, and he did so wearing gowns, skirts, and dresses. The creative’s shoot was praised not just inside the space of fashion but hyped for “challenging gender norms” and influencing younger generations.
Gucci’s creative director Alessandro Michele, who’s previously dressed Styles, praised the “Falling” singer: “He’s really in touch with his feminine side because it’s something natural. And he’s a big inspiration to a younger generation —
Speaking with Vogue, Style said, “Clothes are there to have fun with and experiment with and play with. What’s really exciting is that all of these lines are just kind of crumbling away. When you take away ‘There’s clothes for men and there’s clothes for women,’ once you remove any barriers, obviously you open up the arena in which you can play.”

The Left knows this; they openly say that gender is both important and socially constructed (which is why they tell you that a man can be a woman, e.g., despite no biological underpinning).”

Last edited:
I heard about this, well, I’m sorry, these pictures are revolting certainly.

I will never understand the obsession with this issue. Women wear “male” clothing all the time and no one cares. A guy puts on a dress and people freak out. Really, who cares?

I wish they were prettier dresses, though…those two in the OP are just ugly!

There really aren’t any hard and fast rules to clothing…it’s usually just dictated by societal norms and fashion changes at the drop of a pin anyway. Most people have no problem with Scots wearing “skirts” because it’s a long standing clothing tradition for them. The Japanese men wear robes…often in layers and we don’t think them less masculine for it. We just aren’t used to it in America. And that might just change…or not.

That’s why I put it in quotes! I have a great love of a man in a kilt! I think they are extremely sexy! 😂😂😂

As you said, cross dressing. It shouldn’t be encouraged. In either direction.

As you said, cross dressing. It shouldn’t be encouraged. In either direction.
That makes no sense to me. So women should not wear pants? Or shirts with buttons on the right hand side? I think everyone should just wear the clothes that work for them and that obsessing over other people’s clothing choices is silly.

Yes, that is part of the problem.
Sorry but that is your problem, not a general problem. I wear a skirt or dress about once or twice a year. I look horrible in them and not actually lady like at all. I’m too tall and too wide in the hips and I look like I’m wearing a tent. Many women love dresses and skirts and look great in them. Just not me. I often have to specifically buy men’s clothes to fit me correctly otherwise the sleeves are too short, the skirt is too short or even the pants are too short. Nothing like wearing what I’d call flood pants! 😂

My husband has no problem with how I dress and he matters more than someone else’s opinion on women’s wear. So, sorry, your problem with what women choose to wear isn’t a problem for the vast majority of women.

You might want to study clothing history. Often the only difference between men’s and women’s clothing might be length or color. Sometimes it wasn’t even that much. And men got into being as silly and impractical as women, especially the higher up in society you went.

Who is this adorably cute child?

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Often the only difference between men’s and women’s clothing might be length or color.
True. And pink used to be considered a male color, so little boys often wore pink. The idea that pink is girly is actually a modern invention, so to really honor traditional gender norms, we need to dress all the little boys in pink.

Thank him for causing the 22nd Amendment!

Last edited:
In this painting, the child circled in red is a boy, his skirt is shorter and has that fringe around the waist.

Painting by Jacob Ochtervelt.

Up until the early 20th century, little boys often wore dresses. It facilitated in potty training back when laundry was done by hand.

48.png
F_Marturana:
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Quite literally the worst president in the history of the United States.
Undoubtedly because he wore a dress as a child.

I think the first one is a number of jackets layered over each other.

And the photo shoot seems to be tongue in cheek. The dresses and outfits aren’t marketed for men.

They’re Gucci couture, which most people wouldn’t purchase because of the price.

Obviously.

Another cute baby:

Teddy Roosevelt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back