Left wants to pack the Supreme Court

• Thread starter Thread starter YHWH_Christ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leo2014 . . .
But, remember in the original 1973 court ruling, Bill (William) Brennan - was the only Catholic and he ruled in favor of Roe Vs Wade.

Careful what you wish for….
I saw this post Leo2014 and wondered WHO is Leo2014 talking about?

So I did a word search for the word “Catholic” here on this thread.

The first time it came up was from you in the post I am responding to.

Which brings me right back to . . . .
WHO are you talking about here on this thread and their wishes?

Biden Deputy Campaign Manager Dodges Questions on Court-Packing During Interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper​

JEFF POOR

11 Oct 2020

During an appearance on CNN’s “State of the Union” on Sunday, Biden deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield repeatedly dodged questions from host Jake Tapper about Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s position on adding justices to the Supreme Court.

Bedingfield and Tapper sparred over the definitional “constitutional” with regards to appointing and confirming appointments to the federal bench, with Bedingfield ultimately calling the topic a “distraction” . . .

Last edited:
Notice that Joe Biden doesn’t think American voters deserve to know. Biden refuses to answer the question, despite the fact that he says the Election should decide things.

Biden refuses to answer the question
He doesn’t have to answer every question.

Look at the questions Trump refuses to answer, like whether he will commit to a peaceful transition of power, if he should lose the election. How do you feel about that?

They’re going to pack. They think this time is different from 1937. Are they right? We’ll see about that.

The precedent is well trod: 22 presidents have been faced with a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year. All 22 nominated someone for the vacant seat. When the president and the senate majority are both the same party, nominations in an election year get through. When they are different parties, nominations do not get through. So there is precedent for what happened in 2016 and there is precedent for what is happening now.

But we’re being treated to the spectacle of redefinition by a bunch of petulant people throwing temper tantrums.

Do you think there should be a new amendment added to the Constitution to prevent court packing? Currently, the Democrat party wants to pack the supreme court in order to push their agendas. Such talk has heavily politicized the court. Do you think Congress should amend the constitution to prevent such politicization?
This give and take is part of our flexible govt. It’s been packed in the past and later decreased in size.

If a packed court makes bad decisions, they will likely be overturned in time. We have a self correcting system, though it may take decades.

Last edited:
Republicans are allowed to break norms. Democrats are expected to maintain them.
The exact same thing I hear from Republicans. Democrats can break rules and republicans maintain them.

Last edited:
peaceful transition of power
That’s a good one. With the “Russia Hoax” and fake impeachment during the beginning of the pandemic, the Democrats and their media STILL haven’t accepted the 2016 results.

Trump has good reason not to commit.Given the chicanery by the Dems,who can blame him?

Well as I always say, you can’t have your mask and eat it, too. 😒

Last edited:
It is sad how divided the US has become, as this thread exemplifies. Our foreign enemies are cackling with glee at our divisiveness, and I’m sure they are secretly trolling our social media and forums, fanning the flames.

The only reason I’m in this thread is because it started out in the Casual Discussion category and I’m answering replies to my posts. I’ve muted the World News category, and I strongly recommend that you all do the same, for your own spiritual well being.

The devil is not a Democrat, nor a Republican. He is the contempt on both sides.

Last edited:
You have a point there.World news has become a train wreck of opposing ideologies. Just the same old arguing points ,nothing ever changes😳

What standards were Senate Republicans upholding when they wouldn’t even hold hearings on Merrick Garland because “it was within one year of a Presidential election” and then are racing to get Trump’s nominee through 1 month before a Presidential election?
That is one great example. And I agree with what you said about this one. It was Obama, but with a Republican Senate that denied hum the judge. Politics at is finest.

Then we had the Democrats crying that Obama was elected and was his duty, which I agreed as well. Well. Now it is president Trump.

But just because you point to this example, does not mean that the same is not inverse. It is in fact a thing done all the time. It is dirty politics. I mean, the President Trump Collusion hoax for 3 years was exhausting political dirty tricks, so was the impeachment and a few other things. But that is what our politicians do. They fight dirty to get their opponent fired. They all want power.

But he got 60 votes for his SC picks, more than Trump got for his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back