P
PatriceA
Guest
I don’t think it has anything to do with Lost losing fans. Even the advertising for the Super Bowl was significantly decreased this year. Its the economy.It was a good episode, but there is no sense of urgency or epic action/drama that I would be expecting this late in the final season. The bar should be set higher; this would have been a great episode if there was still a season worth of episodes left.
I have the feeling that Lost is operating on a tight budget and they are conserving the epic action (and the lion share of their budget) for the final episode. I saw an article on a news website that lists the advertising cost for Lost’s final episode. It’s good, but the cost is nowhere as high as the final episode of series like Seinfeld, Mash, Raymond, etc. Lost has lost a lot of fans and probably a lot of advertising dollars as well since season 1/2.