LOST season 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmberDale
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you send Ben Linus scurrying away after looking into your eyes, you know you’ve descended into a very dark place.
Yeah – that was creepy!

I also was reminded of satan trying to tempt Jesus when Flocke was trying to tempt Sayid with “whatever he wanted.” Sayid said all he ever wanted died in his arms…so was he referring to Nadia or Shannon? Could be either of them…I kind of wonder if he was talking about Shannon and maybe we’ll see her again before the end of the show. I don’t know anything (please don’t post spoilers!) I’m just speculating. 🙂

How about Keame being the one Sayid’s brother owed money to? And Jin being tied up in the cooler? I love how in the flash sideways everyone is still connected but they don’t know each other.

Man I love this show! 😃
 
I also was reminded of satan trying to tempt Jesus when Flocke was trying to tempt Sayid with “whatever he wanted.”
Me too! I was actually whispering “He’s the devil. He’s the freaking devil.” under my breath when I heard those words.

I actually got into a small lighthearted argument with a woman in my knitting group after the “The Substitute” aired over who was the true villain…Jacob or the MIB. She was starting to doubt that Jacob was the “good guy” between the two of them and I was getting a little frustrated because the MIB is already established as a deceiver! The conversation between him and Sawyer in the cave did cast a suspicious light on Jacob. But how do we know he was not telling merely a half truth…or any truth at all?

Sure Jacob is not letting on everything he knows but at least he shows his face to people.
 
Me too! I was actually whispering “He’s the devil. He’s the freaking devil.” under my breath when I heard those words.

I actually got into a small lighthearted argument with a woman in my knitting group after the “The Substitute” aired over who was the true villain…Jacob or the MIB. She was starting to doubt that Jacob was the “good guy” between the two of them and I was getting a little frustrated because the MIB is already established as a deceiver! The conversation between him and Sawyer in the cave did cast a suspicious light on Jacob. But how do we know he was not telling merely a half truth…or any truth at all?

Sure Jacob is not letting on everything he knows but at least he shows his face to people.
I agree that MIB is the bad one, I mean, how could he possibly not be? You’re right that at least Jacob shows his face to people. Just b/c people don’t understand why Jacob has done certain things doesn’t mean he’s bad – we don’t always understand God’s plans for us, but we know He is nothing but pure good. I’m not saying Jacob is God, but I’m sure you know what I’m getting at. 😃
 
It’s funny because I just introduced my dad to Lost yesterday. We watched the first few episodes from season 1 and there’s a scene in the second episode where Walter was asking Locke about the game Backgammon. Locke tells him that it’s a game involving two players. He then holds up a black game piece in one hand a white one in his other and says, “one light, one dark.” I just thought it was cool foreshadowing especially after the incident in the cave where the white and black stones were on the scale and “Locke” threw away the white one.
 
[sign]Jacob is evil! Down with Jacob!
[/sign]
[sign]Don’t trust Jacob[/sign]

[sign]Jacob isn’t the good guy![/sign]

[sign]PETMIB - People for the Ethical Treatment of Man in Black[/sign]

VC
 
I’m probably wrong, but I don’t think its going to be as simple as Jacob is good and the MIB is bad. I’m going to bet there will still be a twist that will turn everyone’s thoughts upside down and inside out all over again.
 
[sign]Jacob is evil! Down with Jacob!
[/sign]
[sign]Don’t trust Jacob[/sign]

[sign]Jacob isn’t the good guy![/sign]

[sign]PETMIB - People for the Ethical Treatment of Man in Black[/sign]

VC
MIB just killed all of those people in the temple!!! how can you still say Jacob is bad? lol

Ok people, for all you Star Wars fans, ive discovered a few huge similarities between star wars and lost, the writers happen to be huge star wars fans and it obviously shows in alot of the themes and characters so here it goes…

Obi Wan is alot like Jacob, Obi wan allowed himself to be killed by his former apprentice Darth Vader, and Jacob allowed himself to be killed by Ben who he picked to lead the others. Both Jacob and Obi Wan appear as ghosts to guide the protaganists to their ultimate goal.

Following that same line of thought Ben is obviously the darth vader type character once good, then turned bad, killed jacob under the influence of MIB, who seems to be the emperor type character.

Then there’s jack, who is the luke skywalker character. Both jack and luke are the main protagonists, both have sisters that they were unaware of (Leia and Claire) Both have daddy issues.

and we can all see how sawyer is like han solo, great a giving nicknames, gunslinging bad boy.
 
MIB just killed all of those people in the temple!!! how can you still say Jacob is bad? lol
L! Think about your sentence for a bit. 😃

**MIB **killed all those people in the temple. . . how can I say Jacob is bad?

😉

VC
 
[sign]Jacob is evil! Down with Jacob!
[/sign]
[sign]Don’t trust Jacob[/sign]

[sign]Jacob isn’t the good guy![/sign]

[sign]PETMIB - People for the Ethical Treatment of Man in Black[/sign]

VC
:rotfl: I like all your signs. 😃
I’m probably wrong, but I don’t think its going to be as simple as Jacob is good and the MIB is bad. I’m going to bet there will still be a twist that will turn everyone’s thoughts upside down and inside out all over again.
You’re probably right. If this show guarantees one thing, it’s that nothing is ever quite what we think it is!
Ok people, for all you Star Wars fans, ive discovered a few huge similarities between star wars and lost, the writers happen to be huge star wars fans and it obviously shows in alot of the themes and characters so here it goes…
My DH is a huge Star Wars fan (and a huge LOST fan) – I’ll have to share your thoughts with him! 🙂
 
I’m probably wrong, but I don’t think its going to be as simple as Jacob is good and the MIB is bad. I’m going to bet there will still be a twist that will turn everyone’s thoughts upside down and inside out all over again.
Patrice, I’ve hinted at another alternative. . .

VC
 
MIB just killed all of those people in the temple!!! how can you still say Jacob is bad? lol
Easy. If Jacob is bad and the MIB is good, than Jacob’s followers at the Temple were bad so the MIB was doing a good thing in eliminating them.
 
Easy. If Jacob is bad and the MIB is good, than Jacob’s followers at the Temple were bad so the MIB was doing a good thing in eliminating them.
So would that justify MIB killing the children in the temple if they decided not to leave? the temple others are clearly not the bad guys. Lennon was just an interpreter, Dogan was holding up his end of the bargain to save his son, and yet MIB made a deal with Sayid to have them killed in cold blood. Sayid has gone to the dark side, as a result of his relationship with MIB, so how can MIB be good? The deals jacob makes involve a sacrifice to help somebody else, MIB’s deals involve sacrificing someone else to help your self and by extension the MIB. its selflessness vs selfishness. Sayid was acting out of selfish desire to want to bring nadia back to life for his own happiness, at the expense of killing dogan and all the others, Dogan’s deal was sacrificing his role as a father so his son could live. something of his own was taken away so that something could be given to someone else.

and to verbum caro, im guessing you are implying that MIB and Jacob are the same person… but how can that be when Ben saw both of them together conversing with one another under the foot statue in the season 5 finale?
 
and to verbum caro, im guessing you are implying that MIB and Jacob are the same person… but how can that be when Ben saw both of them together conversing with one another under the foot statue in the season 5 finale?
No, not the same person.

But, not necessarily opposites.

VC
 
No, not the same person.

But, not necessarily opposites.

VC
personally i think it would be kind of lame if it wasnt a good vs evil story, if mib and jacob dont represent evil and good respectively then what are they? just a pair of bickering individuals who cant seem to get along on morally subjective issues? sounds pretty lame to me lol,
 
personally i think it would be kind of lame if it wasnt a good vs evil story, if mib and jacob dont represent evil and good respectively then what are they? just a pair of bickering individuals who cant seem to get along on morally subjective issues? sounds pretty lame to me lol,
I really agree with this. After all the build up over the years about Jacob (including the Others cult like following of him from afar), and all the suffering that has happened on that island, Jacob better have an epic motive for his actions or the series would be a let down. Based on the beach conversation between Jacob and MIB in last year’s season finale, I think its clearly a classic good vs. evil story. Jacob is going to pull good out of the evil done in his name (by the Others), and the evil orchestrated by MIB.
 
So would that justify MIB killing the children in the temple if they decided not to leave? the temple others are clearly not the bad guys. Lennon was just an interpreter, Dogan was holding up his end of the bargain to save his son, and yet MIB made a deal with Sayid to have them killed in cold blood. Sayid has gone to the dark side, as a result of his relationship with MIB, so how can MIB be good? The deals jacob makes involve a sacrifice to help somebody else, MIB’s deals involve sacrificing someone else to help your self and by extension the MIB. its selflessness vs selfishness. Sayid was acting out of selfish desire to want to bring nadia back to life for his own happiness, at the expense of killing dogan and all the others, Dogan’s deal was sacrificing his role as a father so his son could live. something of his own was taken away so that something could be given to someone else.
I’m just playing devil’s advocate but we don’t know Jacob’s purpose or that of the (other) Others. It may very well be that their purpose is something very disturbing and the killing of them is the lesser of two evils. The deal’s Jacob makes could be viewed as suffering he inflicts on others for his own benefit, whatever that may be. Jacob wanted the 815 survivors on the island and look at the suffering he inflected in their lives, some from a very young age, to make sure they get there. If Jacob’s intentions are not good, than that makes him at least as evil as the MIB if not more so.
 
So, what did everyone think? I thought last night’s episode was pretty awesome. Richard wrestles with doubt, Jack has become the “Man of Faith”, and Ben finds redemption (in both timelines in different ways). Great stuff.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top