LOST season 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmberDale
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Eloise sure knows what’s going on! But HOW?
I loved last night’s episode, though it made me miss my favorite physicist even more.
Possibly she is one of the architects behind the madness. How else could she know so much in both universes? I believe she is working for or at least influenced by the machinations of MIB. She was a leader of the Others after all, and possibly had contact with him on the island.

In the alt-universe, she seems to have a better life: her son Faraday is still alive and seemingly happy to follow his love of music (until he realizes the alt-universe isn’t so real). Her family is also intact and wealthy, although we can’t be sure how happy this strange little family unit is. Perhaps she arranged and manipulated events in the real universe to create this fantasy universe for herself? She was obviously distraught at the death of her son in Season 5. MIB has previously promised to others that he can reunite people with the dead (which he does for Sayid for instance in regards to Nadia). Perhaps MIB helped her create this alt-universe by telling her how to manipulate events to get Faraday to detonate the nuclear bomb via Jack. This was done in exchange for help in getting MIB off the island.

Or she could be working for Jacob since she has said in the past that the world is at risk unless Desmond or the Oceanic Six cooperate. Unless she was lying for her benefit…

And this isn’t even considering whether Jacob or MIB is truly benevolent.

I feel like I need an aspirin every time I finish watching an episode!
 
I don’t think Eloise is working for MIB. IMO she and Widmore are trying to stop MIB.
 
She does talk alot about making sacrifices (as does Widmore) and was aligned with Richard and the Others before Ben’s lust for power drove them out. So in that sense Eloise could be on the side of Jacob.

Another possibility is that the alt-Universe is somehow a result of the promises MIB makes to the candidates and important Losties. These promises are brought about by removing Jacob’s influence on their lives. As a result, Nadia lives, many dead characters are alive (and are no longer the sacrifice the Island demands), Jack overcomes his daddy issues, Claire still has Aaron, Hurley is not cursed by the numbers, Desmond has the approval of Widmore, etc. Things aren’t perfect in this universe though: it’s only a universe free of Jacob’s influence on the Losties. Eventually, we will understand the consequences of allowing MIB off the island to bring this alternate reality into fruition. Part of those consequences we see already: many characters in the alt-universe have not realized the true love they find in the main universe. The dead should have found their fulfillment in sacrificial love in the main universe; but this is sadly unrealized in a Jacob-less universe.

Perhaps the end-game of the show will be that the main candidates will become aware of both realities simultaneously (Desmond and the Losties who have died appear to be the main vehicle for this initial awareness) and will have to choose to sacrifice the alt-reality to keep MIB on the island in the first universe, or will have to selfishly choose their dreams in the alt-universe and allow MIB to be uncorked. Jacob wants people to choose the right thing even if it involves sacrifice. The candidates will have the opportunity to make that choice and prove him right (that people are fundamentally good), or prove MIB right and allow him to escape the Island to potentially disastrous consequences.
 
She does talk alot about making sacrifices (as does Widmore) and was aligned with Richard and the Others before Ben’s lust for power drove them out. So in that sense Eloise could be on the side of Jacob.
Makes me think that Widmore & Eloise, while it seems they are at odds, are on the ‘good’ side.

As we all know from our faith, 1 side makes {empty} promises and the other side makes sacrifices.
 
I really liked the Hurley-centric this week. It was nice to see Libby again although I was a bit disappointed that we did not learn the exact reason she was in the crazy house. In the alt-universe it’s implied that she committed herself there after having visions of the other universe. This probably isn’t true for Libby’s trip to the mental institution in season 3 though.

I actually cheered when Illana blew up. I was so tired of her mopey character and flat acting. She seems like such a waste of time. Her reward for following Jacob, training to protect the candidates, getting them to the Island, and protecting them from Smokey was to blow up? And then they just walk over to Smokey in the end? Really? Talk about being dealt a raw deal. I think Lost would have been better off if she had not been written into the show or had died off much earlier.

Revealing the answer to the whispers question was kind of anti-climactic. I guess most people figured out it was the voices of the dead, but the delivery of the answer could have been better. We still don’t know exactly why the whispers always accompany the Others either.

The ending was pretty cool. I knew poor Desmond was in trouble when Smokey escorted him off to the well. But I didn’t expect Desmond to run down Locke in his wheelchair in the alt-universe. It makes me feel sorry for Locke; he is such a tragic character.
 
The ending was pretty cool. I knew poor Desmond was in trouble when Smokey escorted him off to the well. But I didn’t expect Desmond to run down Locke in his wheelchair in the alt-universe. It makes me feel sorry for Locke; he is such a tragic character.
That was an interesting juxtaposition: Desmond runs down Locke in one timeline. Locke throws Desmond down a well in the other timeline.

I think Terry Quinn is doing a great job as the MIB. It was great to see his eyes curiously darting back and forth in confusion as to why Desmond was not afraid of him. I knew Desmond was going down the well as soon as I saw it, though. 😛

I agree about Illana. I wasn’t too heartbroken when she got Arzted.

All the candidates (save Jin) are together at last. It will be interesting to see what happens next week. The preview was a little creepy with that “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” dialogue going on underneath.
 
O’ Quinn is a great actor. He does such a great job with Locke.

Now that we’ve seen MIB toss Desmond down a well, it should be obvious that he is evil.

Did you notice that the mysterious boy on the Island who dogs MIB looked older? It’s almost as if he is growing up. I wonder if his body will age into an adult Jacob eventually? I think he is a manifestation of Jacob’s spirit. Perhaps his appearance is a sign that MIB’s window of opportunity to escape the Island is winding down and a new candidate to replace Jacob has almost been solidified.

I was wondering what that dialogue was during the preview! It was so distorted and eerie. The last time I saw Charlie was as a kid.
 
On a side note, am I the only person who thinks Ben (I don’t know the actor’s name) reminds them of Gene Wilder?
 
That was an interesting juxtaposition: Desmond runs down Locke in one timeline. Locke throws Desmond down a well in the other timeline.

I think Terry Quinn is doing a great job as the MIB. It was great to see his eyes curiously darting back and forth in confusion as to why Desmond was not afraid of him. I knew Desmond was going down the well as soon as I saw it, though. 😛

I agree about Illana. I wasn’t too heartbroken when she got Arzted.

All the candidates (save Jin) are together at last. It will be interesting to see what happens next week. The preview was a little creepy with that “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” dialogue going on underneath.
The grin that Locke had on his face when he sees Jack come out of the jungle, gave me the chills.
 
The grin that Locke had on his face when he sees Jack come out of the jungle, gave me the chills.
Yeah, Hurley / Sun / Jack going to talk to MIB makes his plan (to get everyone together) all that much easier…

Oh, and didn’t MIB / Locke only say Jack’s name at the end? I wonder what that means.
 
Yeah, Hurley / Sun / Jack going to talk to MIB makes his plan (to get everyone together) all that much easier…

Oh, and didn’t MIB / Locke only say Jack’s name at the end? I wonder what that means.
Maybe he feels he can manipulate Jack the most over Jack’s guilt for getting Juilet killed.
 
Yeah, Hurley / Sun / Jack going to talk to MIB makes his plan (to get everyone together) all that much easier…

Oh, and didn’t MIB / Locke only say Jack’s name at the end? I wonder what that means.
I was thinking that he thinks Jack is the leader of them all. But what MIB fails to know is that Jack handed those reins over to Hurley. It will definitely get interesting.
 
On a side note, am I the only person who thinks Ben (I don’t know the actor’s name) reminds them of Gene Wilder?
I never thought that, but now that you mention it, they do look sort of similar!

No wonder they used that dialogue of Wilder’s from Willy Wonka for next week’s preview. 😛
 
Last nights episode was amazing =O

So my take on it all is that, desmond hit locke with his car for two possible reasons:

1- Being under the false impression that it was really locke that threw him down the well, desmond tried to take revenge by killing him in the alternate timeline.

or…

2- Desmond figured out that that wasn’t really locke, and tried to cause a near death experience with the alt locke to try and push his consciousness through to MIB. How awesome would it be if the real locke had his conciousness take over MIB?
 
Last nights episode was amazing =O

So my take on it all is that, desmond hit locke with his car for two possible reasons:

2- Desmond figured out that that wasn’t really locke, and tried to cause a near death experience with the alt locke to try and push his consciousness through to MIB. How awesome would it be if the real locke had his conciousness take over MIB?
That’s my theory
 
I’m hoping fake Locke’s body will be subsumed by alt-Locke’s conscience in the end and poor Locke can find some redemption. He believed in the Island to almost his last breath before giving into despair and being offed by Ben. That guy needs to catch a break.
 
And the hospital reunion theory gains more ground!

Locke goes to the hospital for his injuries, ben accompanies him.
charlie is there for the car crash
claire for her baby
sun and Jin for sun’s gun shot
Sayid for his brother
jack because he works there
kate accompanied claire
desmond went there with charlie
now we only need sawyer and hurley to make their way there

something tells me a significant event will happen at the hospital in the near future.

Theres been some foreshadowing that Locke will make a come back of sorts. in the premiere, locke and jack are having a conversation about the airline losing Jack’s father. Locke responds saying that they didnt lose Jack’s father, they just lost his father’s body. I think this is similar to locke’s situation and a unique way of foreshadowing that locke’s soul or conciousness, whatever the writers choose to call it, will take over MIB who is stuck as locke. it seems that at one point MIB had a body of his own but as he says in ab aeterno, jacob stole his body/his humanity, so hes basically a spirit of sorts that can influence the physical world. So I guess the writers arent timid about going the sort of route i mentioned.
 
And the hospital reunion theory gains more ground!

Theres been some foreshadowing that Locke will make a come back of sorts. in the premiere, locke and jack are having a conversation about the airline losing Jack’s father. Locke responds saying that they didnt lose Jack’s father, they just lost his father’s body. I think this is similar to locke’s situation and a unique way of foreshadowing that locke’s soul or conciousness, whatever the writers choose to call it, will take over MIB who is stuck as locke. it seems that at one point MIB had a body of his own but as he says in ab aeterno, jacob stole his body/his humanity, so hes basically a spirit of sorts that can influence the physical world. So I guess the writers arent timid about going the sort of route i mentioned.
I’m placing my bets here. Locke is just too awesome to keep down! 😃
 
Now that we’ve seen MIB toss Desmond down a well, it should be obvious that he is evil.
Or Fake Locke (Flocke) knows that Desmond has some very unusual connection to Jacob and since Jacob is evil, Flocke kills him to prevent Jacob from doing more evil.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top