Luminous Mysteries

• Thread starter Thread starter Mt19_26
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m 38 and I have prayed the joyful, sorrowful and glorious mysteries for as long as I can remember. I have a cool story. I always wanted a 15 decade silver rosay. So I made one by hand with silver beads and silver wire. It took me weeks. I finished it got it blessed and the next day heard the Pope was going to add five more mysteries which would make 20 decades. my cool new rosary was now obsolete.

Well what I did was not add five more decades but I split it up and made a rosary for both of my brothers and kept one for myself. Plus I was so excited about more mysteries I called the Cardinals office the day they were released so I could pray them right away. It never even crossed my mind that people wouldn’t like it.

As twenty decades it now clearly illustrates the mystical life now too. The first week I was praying it I realized the connections between the twenty decades, the eucharistic prayer and the mystical life. John Paul the Great knew what he was doing. God bless his soul. SAINTHOOD NOW!

Yep I pray them every day along with the joyous, sorrowful and glorious.
Mike

40.png
DarinHamel:
I’m 38 and I have prayed the joyful, sorrowful and glorious mysteries for as long as I can remember. I have a cool story. I always wanted a 15 decade silver rosay. So I made one by hand with silver beads and silver wire. It took me weeks. I finished it got it blessed and the next day heard the Pope was going to add five more mysteries which would make 20 decades. my cool new rosary was now obsolete.

Well what I did was not add five more decades but I split it up and made a rosary for both of my brothers and kept one for myself. Plus I was so excited about more mysteries I called the Cardinals office the day they were released so I could pray them right away. It never even crossed my mind that people wouldn’t like it.

As twenty decades it now clearly illustrates the mystical life now too. The first week I was praying it I realized the connections between the twenty decades, the eucharistic prayer and the mystical life. John Paul the Great knew what he was doing. God bless his soul. SAINTHOOD NOW!
This is a cool story, thank you for sharing this. I’m a convert and just recently have I started to pray the Rosary. I knew that the Luminous Decade was new, but it didn’t occur to me that there was 150 Psalms and somehow by adding more Hail Marys that it would interfer with the tradition of 150 Hail Marys to match the 150 Psalms. I understand tradition and how important and precious it is. I truly enjoy praying this new decade very much and even though I understand and respect those who cherish the original Rosary prayer… I will continue to pray the four decades… I couldn’t imagine not praying the Luminous decade…

40.png
Augustine:
JPII was indeed inspired by the Holy Spirit when he created the Luminous Misteries. The first time I heard of them they looked so obvious that I was amazed that they hadn’t been created sooner. Besides, they’re in a way a summary of the other three misteries.
Having said that, after praying the Rosary daily since Lent, I have to say that the order in which the misteries are prayed with the Luminous ones are a bit awkward. Without them, the sequence from Birth, Death and Ressurrection, the most important events in the life of Jesus, is well paced and logical. With them, it’s the same order for the 1st part of the week and then it’s Death, Birth and Ressurrection in the 2nd part of the week, separated by Jesus’ public life.

I’ll try saying only the traditional misteries this week. Perhaps it’s only me and my sinfulness…

:blessyou:

A little off-track question for those who make rosaries:

When you put together a twenty-decade rosary, would you insert a medal or any other type of “marker” between the groups of mysteries?

And when using such a rosary or praying all of the groups of mysteries at one time, would you repeat the Credo, the “Faith, hope and love” aves and the Pater Nosters that begin a five-decade rosary between each group of mysteries?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

40.png
Augustine:
I’ll try saying only the traditional misteries this week.
OK, after a week without meditating on the Luminous misteries and restricting myself the more logical traditional misteries, my conclusion is that I just cannot stop meditating on the miracle at Canaa, on the inscrutable Transfiguration or on the instauration of the Eucharist.

The traditional order added nothing, but the Luminous misteries certainly enrich the Rosary. I’m back to them this week. 😉

:blessyou:

I was praying what would be called the luminous mysteries before PJthe Great:) gave them to us, so their addition made alot of sense to me. I thought “Wow we have needed this” I started meditating on the highlights of the life of Christ while praying the rosary as a child, before I had all the official mysteries memorized and continued it into adulthood along with the official mysteries, because It felt very right. Some may find this unorthodox but I was a child, so didn’t know any better I was just praying the rosary the way it felt “right” to me, it was completely innocent.

I do know that, after I did memorize the official mysteries (maybe age 12?) that I went for a short period of time not praying the rosary while meditating on what would later become known as the Luminous mysteries and missed it GREATLY so soon returned to praying them in addition to the official mysteries.

It makes me wonder how many other sweet little children made the same “mistake”

when I first learned of the luminous mysteries, I researched each mystery, which lead me to a fascinating journey through all the mysteries, I have concluded that these luminous mysteries are for our times, where there may be doubt about the Catholic faith. According to my priests, and a famous book author I dont have the priviledge of mentioning his name, have all agreed with me that the luminous and the other mysteries of the holy rosary fulfill the law and the prophets when prayed in a contemplative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back