B
belovedandbless
Guest
(cont’d)
What many people especially many people who are virgins ( who I laud for being so) forget is that sexuality while extermely important is not the SUM TOTAL of another’s character flaws. It’s no good witness, if you are a virgin but evil, foul to people, lacking humility, generosity, honesty and compassion. So many people sitting in these pews with these problems and sins are people who love Christ, want to do what is right and are having trouble doing so. For every person like you who are pointing fingers out there to the wolrd and saying " look at them…they and their problems and their bad character", there are people in your pews sitting out there dying and ashamed to admit their sins and get help becuase they would face people like you.
I was not wild, out there, having fun and enjoying it. I suffered deeply each time I would fall. I would be the first at the confessional, normally many times before my so-called partners. My pillow can talk of the countless nights I cried when I did not do what is right. And as for the remedy of telling church leadership, apparently you have not listened or seen the scadals lately. We as Catholics are now known the world over for covering up these types of sins.
I am sick and fed up of the “you people” and “they people” attitiude regarding people who have sexual sin in their life. Becuase checking the recent statistics on the prevalance of porn addiction, WE are part of it. Not everyone, but a sizeable amount of us. We live in a broken culture, with a broken family life, with VERY often and more and more often will mean that there are people INSIDE as well as OUTSIDE the church with a broken sexuality becuase where a healthy sexuality is nutured is within family life.
So my question to you and to all the other people who decide to think twice about associating with people with a broken family life and sexuality is? What are you going to do to go out there and minister to a broken world? I know my answer will be to beat this thing and become a wounded healer. I guess that is why Christ came for me, will you be the Chrsit that comes to them?
What many people especially many people who are virgins ( who I laud for being so) forget is that sexuality while extermely important is not the SUM TOTAL of another’s character flaws. It’s no good witness, if you are a virgin but evil, foul to people, lacking humility, generosity, honesty and compassion. So many people sitting in these pews with these problems and sins are people who love Christ, want to do what is right and are having trouble doing so. For every person like you who are pointing fingers out there to the wolrd and saying " look at them…they and their problems and their bad character", there are people in your pews sitting out there dying and ashamed to admit their sins and get help becuase they would face people like you.
I was not wild, out there, having fun and enjoying it. I suffered deeply each time I would fall. I would be the first at the confessional, normally many times before my so-called partners. My pillow can talk of the countless nights I cried when I did not do what is right. And as for the remedy of telling church leadership, apparently you have not listened or seen the scadals lately. We as Catholics are now known the world over for covering up these types of sins.
I am sick and fed up of the “you people” and “they people” attitiude regarding people who have sexual sin in their life. Becuase checking the recent statistics on the prevalance of porn addiction, WE are part of it. Not everyone, but a sizeable amount of us. We live in a broken culture, with a broken family life, with VERY often and more and more often will mean that there are people INSIDE as well as OUTSIDE the church with a broken sexuality becuase where a healthy sexuality is nutured is within family life.
So my question to you and to all the other people who decide to think twice about associating with people with a broken family life and sexuality is? What are you going to do to go out there and minister to a broken world? I know my answer will be to beat this thing and become a wounded healer. I guess that is why Christ came for me, will you be the Chrsit that comes to them?