L
Linkowski
Guest
Did Pope John Paul II say this when he was shot?
Thanks,
Link
Thanks,
Link
Considering your next statements, I have to say you are either deceiving us or yourself.No…that is not why I am starting it.
I never heard that he did. What he did say, though, was that he credited Our Lady with saving his life when he was shot. This is because the day he was shot was the anniversary of Mary’s appearance at Fatima and because he had taken Mary as his “prayer partner” or as we Catholics would put it, as his “patroness.”I would first like to know if this is the case (that the Pope indeed said this)
No where in Scripture does it say that those in heaven cannot help us or pray for us. Please show us where it does.and would also like to touch on why Mary is looked to as a refuge among many other things that contradict scripture.
That may be how some have explained it to you, but Mary’s role is that of a heavenly intercessor in the same way you or I may pray for one another, and so in that sense they are right. But she is more than that–she is also the “help of Christians” who has the ability, given to her by God, to aid us in our daily lives physically as well as spiritually. And that doesn’t violate Scripture, either.This also contradicts the usual answer that I get from Cathoics; that she is simply a prayer partner.
supposedly the 3rd secret of fatima says that the pope would be shot, this would make sence as to why he would have said this if he infact said it.No…that is not why I am starting it. I would first like to know if this is the case (that the Pope indeed said this) and would also like to touch on why Mary is looked to as a refuge among many other things that contradict scripture. This also contradicts the usual answer that I get from Cathoics; that she is simply a prayer partner.
I am not sure how you can say this about what business he was to be attending to - with a straight face.Notice that when he’s found in the Temple he tells them, being the Son of God, he has to be about his father’s (God’s) business. And what is the first order of that business? To return with Mary and Joseph to Nazareth and be obedient to them. What makes you think that we are under any less an obligation?
No where is scripture are we commanded TO ASK THEM TO PRAY FOR US. Please show me that.No where in Scripture does it say that those in heaven cannot help us or pray for us. Please show us where it does.
That may be how some have explained it to you, but Mary’s role is that of a heavenly intercessor in the same way you or I may pray for one another, and so in that sense they are right. But she is more than that–she is also the “help of Christians” who has the ability, given to her by God, to aid us in our daily lives physically as well as spiritually. And that doesn’t violate Scripture, either.
Luke 2:49 bud - KJV: “And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist(know) ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?”I am not sure how you can say this about what business he was to be attending to - with a straight face.![]()
We are not commanded to ask Mary or Saints to pray for us. Asking saints is “extracurricular” and is just like asking your sister to pray for you.No where is scripture are we commanded TO ASK THEM TO PRAY FOR US. Please show me that.
Sure, and St. Paul was just a regular guy!she is simply a prayer partner.
She is the Mother of Mercy, the Mother of our life, and of our Hope.To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
I have never heard this, and what you more than likely heard was anti-Catholic allegations. Mary is not a deity and cannot save anyone.No…that is not why I am starting it. I would first like to know if this is the case (that the Pope indeed said this) and would also like to touch on why Mary is looked to as a refuge among many other things that contradict scripture. This also contradicts the usual answer that I get from Cathoics; that she is simply a prayer partner.
Sure, I just hope you are listeningNo where is scripture are we commanded TO ASK THEM TO PRAY FOR US. Please show me that.
And after the Lord had spoken these words to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Themanite: My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends, because you have not spoken the thing that is right before me, as my servant Job hath.
Take unto you therefore seven oxen and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer for yourselves a holocaust, and my servant Job shall pray for you: his face I will accept, that folly be not imputed to you: for you have not spoken right things before me, as my servant Job hath.
So Eliphaz the Themanite, and Baldad the Suhite, and Sophar the Naamathite went, and did as the Lord had spoken to them, and the Lord accepted the face of Job.
Alright. I think what you can gather from this is the following: God does not accept prayers of ALL equally and God will not accept the prayers of some in grave sin! Eliphaz and his two friends were unable to make amends with God UNLESS JOB PRAYED FOR THEM!!! Now, if you are like some, you will say that those three people were very wretched and you are not like them. That is great pride in yourself if you believe that. The way the Catholics see this is Job is the SAINT praying for US. Which makes us the sinners in this story. Jesus came for the sinners not the righteous, remember that! When you think of a hospital do you think of a place for sick people who a place to become better? Thus, this passage is yet another reason why it is biblical and necessary to confess in the Communion of Saints and to implore their prayers.The Lord also was turned at the penance of Job, when he prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.
We believe in Scripture and Tradition.No where is scripture are we commanded TO ASK THEM TO PRAY FOR US. Please show me that.
I will come back later and type up some quotes from Catholic documents about Mary and ask if she is merely an intercessor. She sounds like the fourth member of the Trinity to me…![]()
What else do you think the Holy Father is referring too except Jesus Christ?“O’ Virgin, most holy, none abounds in the knowledge of God except through thee; none O’ Mother of God, obtains salvation except through thee, none receives a gift from the throne of mercy except through thee”
- Adiutricem Populi, Pope Leo VIII