Mel Gibson pushed for President

• Thread starter Thread starter jdnation
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdnation

“Inspired by Mel Gibson’s strong stand against the dehydration death of Terri Schiavo, an Oregon businessman has begun a campaign to see the “Passion” director run for president as a Republican in 2008, saying he’s the only potential candidate who has the star power and charisma needed to keep Democrat Hillary Clinton out of the White House.”

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43659

I seriously doubt that Mel has any such aspirations. Unlike Reagan, Gibson is not a political creature. He stands where he does because he believes that he is right, but he would be wasted in the White House. He is much better doing what he is and much more effective.

The Dems may have Clinton but we have Condi Rice, who isn’t totally pro-life it’s true, but certainly better than “say-anything-to-get-elected-stab-prolife-supporters-in-the-back-at-the-first-opportunity” Hilary.

IIRC he was born in Australia (?)

Or did he move there and move back? I forget

Steve Andersen:
IIRC he was born in Australia (?)

Or did he move there and move back? I forget
He was born in new york and moved to australia with his family when he was 12. So he is totally eligible for Presidency.

My personal opinion is that we are better served with Mel in the private sector.

Although I would LOOOOOOOOVE to see Mel run against Arnold…Magesterial Catholic running against a Cafeteria Catholic??? Let’s get ready to RUUUUMMMMMBLLLLE!!

I’m sorry, I’m just tired of this Mel Gibson “idolatry”. I used to like Mel as an actor before I came on these forums, but now after hearing people rant and rave about him all day long I would be perfectly happy not to hear about him more than once a year or whenever he’s in a good movie again!

Really people, there are all kinds of great, talented folks out there- actors, politicians, catholics and non-Catholics. Yes, praise of Mel Gibson is due… but claiming he should now run for president b/c he made a good movie and is a devout Catholic is taking things a little too far.

What next? Nominations for Gibson for Pope??? Give me a break. :rolleyes:

If it really is the only way to beat Hillary Clinton, then we need him to run. Whatever it takes to beat her. She must not win.

40.png
Steph700:
I’m sorry, I’m just tired of this Mel Gibson “idolatry”. I used to like Mel as an actor before I came on these forums, but now after hearing people rant and rave about him all day long I would be perfectly happy not to hear about him more than once a year or whenever he’s in a good movie again!

Really people, there are all kinds of great, talented folks out there- actors, politicians, catholics and non-Catholics. Yes, praise of Mel Gibson is due… but claiming he should now run for president b/c he made a good movie and is a devout Catholic is taking things a little too far.

I can’t name one politician, Catholic or non-Catholic that has been as courageous and truthful as him in the past few years aside from maybe Fr. Pavone. Can you?

40.png
Brad:
If it really is the only way to beat Hillary Clinton, then we need him to run. Whatever it takes to beat her. She must not win.
I think that onces all of the cards are laid out on the table, hillary Clinton will do a great job at beating herself.

40.png
Steph700:

I say Mel for both!!! President/Pope Mel

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
I think that onces all of the cards are laid out on the table, hillary Clinton will do a great job at beating herself.
I like the optimistic attitude but we can take NO chances. She cannot win.

40.png
Brad:
I can’t name one politician, Catholic or non-Catholic that has been as courageous and truthful as him in the past few years aside from maybe Fr. Pavone. Can you?
And what background does he have that will make him a good politician? What does he think about various social policies? How are these things brushed over b/c he made a good movie?

I think Fr Pavone is a great guy too but that doesn’t mean I’d vote for him for president!!

40.png
Steph700:
And what background does he have that will make him a good politician?
Doesn’t cheat on his wife. Says what he means. Believes what the Church teaches. Stands up for life. Believes in the power of the cross. Maybe you are right - he doesn’t compare to most politicians today.
40.png
Steph700:
What does he think about various social policies?
I don’t know all of them. Could you answer that question for Kerry 2 years ago? But I agree with MLK. You can judge a man by the content of his character.
40.png
Steph700:
How are these things brushed over b/c he made a good movie?
What does he think about various social policies?
What things?
40.png
Steph700:
I think Fr Pavone is a great guy too but that doesn’t mean I’d vote for him for president!!
Don’t want him to run for president but he’d make a heck of a congressman.

40.png
Brad:
Doesn’t cheat on his wife. Says what he means. Believes what the Church teaches. Stands up for life. Believes in the power of the cross. Maybe you are right - he doesn’t compare to most politicians today.

I don’t know all of them. Could you answer that question for Kerry 2 years ago? But I agree with MLK. You can judge a man by the content of his character.

What things?

Don’t want him to run for president but he’d make a heck of a congressman.
Just b/c Mel Gibson is a good man- morally, as a Cathoic- does not mean he should be a politician. Sure, it would be great to have him in my parish, or living next door, or as a cinema professor… but to automatically rally behind him as a presidential candidate? I don’t think so. We’re just going to have to agree to disagree, there’s no way I would vote for someone just b/c they were a moral catholic.

40.png
Scott_Lafrance:
Go ahead and crush my dreams, why don’t you?
Did you ever read “The Accidental Pope” by Ray Flynn & Robin Moore???😉
Actually I would vote for Mel for Pres…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back