C
cmscms
Guest
Ok, I have a question that would definitely become heated in a secular environment but I am hoping on a Catholic website men will be more comfortable anwering.
What do men really think about the way women carry on today? I mean by wearing provocative clothes, figthing to breast feed in public and getting mad at people who are against it. Being the ones to initate dates with men, using profanity, flirting (not innocently), being offended when men open doors and all the other stuff.
I have often been insituations were woman would do things in front of their husbands that I though was not nice and the man simply ignores it. For example, my uncles wife kept talking about her first husband, and then her second husband in front of him (he is her third husband). Personally, I found that was a put down to my uncle to have it in his face that she still though about them (ok, I know my uncle chose to be her third husband but that is beside the point). I think my uncle ignored it because he knew she wouldn’t stop and he had too much pride to admit his hurt.
Once a man told me when his girlfriend hits him, he laughs because he knows if he hits her back society would be totally against him. Is it possible it is not the physical pain that hurst the man but the emotional put down that would crush him?
Deep down, regardless of what society says, do men not want wifes, mothers and sisters that are respectable? Also, please list behaviours that feminist think woman should do but deep down men think are wrong.
The reason I ask is because as a woman I need to know it is OK to be old fashion. Since I can’t get the support from my female peers to be modest, can I please have some support from men
Thanks
CM
What do men really think about the way women carry on today? I mean by wearing provocative clothes, figthing to breast feed in public and getting mad at people who are against it. Being the ones to initate dates with men, using profanity, flirting (not innocently), being offended when men open doors and all the other stuff.
I have often been insituations were woman would do things in front of their husbands that I though was not nice and the man simply ignores it. For example, my uncles wife kept talking about her first husband, and then her second husband in front of him (he is her third husband). Personally, I found that was a put down to my uncle to have it in his face that she still though about them (ok, I know my uncle chose to be her third husband but that is beside the point). I think my uncle ignored it because he knew she wouldn’t stop and he had too much pride to admit his hurt.
Once a man told me when his girlfriend hits him, he laughs because he knows if he hits her back society would be totally against him. Is it possible it is not the physical pain that hurst the man but the emotional put down that would crush him?
Deep down, regardless of what society says, do men not want wifes, mothers and sisters that are respectable? Also, please list behaviours that feminist think woman should do but deep down men think are wrong.
The reason I ask is because as a woman I need to know it is OK to be old fashion. Since I can’t get the support from my female peers to be modest, can I please have some support from men
Thanks
CM