Michael Flynn resigns as national security adviser

  • Thread starter Thread starter cornbread_r2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so now Flynn is a suspected terrorist?
No, he was on the phone with a foreign agent. The Patriot Act allows recording of American citizens’ phone calls if they’re on the line with foreign agents.
 
How would Democrats impeach Trump when they are in the minority in both Houses of Congress? You need a majority in the House to impeach and a 2/3s majority in the Senate to convict.
Obviously, they would have to convince some republicans to go along with them. But my attitude is: “knock yourself out”. If they can pull it off, more power to them.
 
No, he was on the phone with a foreign agent. The Patriot Act allows recording of American citizens’ phone calls if they’re on the line with foreign agents.
This is incorrect as stated. There are wiretape provisions, as well as the fact that the FBI needs a warrant, as well as a bunch of other provisions to the Patriots Act.

The illegal leakers will be investigated and prosecuted, as well as any others. This silly talk of “impeachment” is just that silly.

Now let’s get that investigation going to identify the real guilty parties and collar and punish them to the full degree of the law.
 
Of course people realize don’t they that to be impeached one has to first break the law? Or do we have a bunch of Maxine Water acolytes who believe because you simply don’t like someone that you are able to impeach them?

Speaking of Maxine Walter she was just punked by Russian hackers.

whatfinger.com/single-post/2017/02/13/Russian-hackers-play-phone-prank-on-fool-Democrat-Maxine-Waters

Paraphrasing, since it’s impossible to understand this woman “… yes we have people on the ground, not sure how many but…”
Ok I did no research whatsoever and am just going from my memory of the Clinton fiasco, but I think one need not break the law to be impeached. Perhaps convicted by the senate or removed there may need to be a crime, but I think actual impeachment by the house is not defendant on a crime.
 
Ok I did no research whatsoever and am just going from my memory of the Clinton fiasco, but I think one need not break the law to be impeached. Perhaps convicted by the senate or removed there may need to be a crime, but I think actual impeachment by the house is not defendant on a crime.
Of course there has to be unlawful activity to be impeached. The impeachment with Clinton was initiated on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice for lying under oath.
 
Might be a blessing in disguise. Flynn wasn’t a good pick anyway.
 
So now that calling the President a cheeto, and his supporters Nazi racists didn’t work, are we now a new plan to claim a billionaire businessman who bet the best and brightest of the DNC on his first try cannot read? :ehh:
This is in addition to calling him a cheeto. I try not to paint all his supporters with the same brush, as tempting as that is. I think this theory is intriguing. There is evidence, see the videos in this article. I don’t think he’s illiterate but could have a learning disability that makes reading difficult. It is intriguing.

indy100.com/article/donald-trump-theory-cant-read-illiterate-david-pakman-barely-7567481

By the way, it’s all working. Trump is very unpopular and is only getting more unpopular. He has his base but it’s shrinking and he will not gain any new supporters.
 
Ok I did no research whatsoever and am just going from my memory of the Clinton fiasco, but I think one need not break the law to be impeached. Perhaps convicted by the senate or removed there may need to be a crime, but I think actual impeachment by the house is not defendant on a crime.
The Clinton fiasco had to do with the Paula Jones thing.

She accused him of sexual harassment.

The legal case was permitted to continue after Clinton was president.

In investigating the Paula Jones thing, it was discovered he had a thing with Monica, supposedly consensual. So because Monica was an intern and he had a thing with her was that indicative of Clinton being a sexual harasser.

So they asked him about him and whatshername (he didn’t know her name) So under oath he said that he didn’t have relations with her. That’s perjury.
 
This is incorrect as stated. There are wiretape provisions, as well as the fact that the FBI needs a warrant, as well as a bunch of other provisions to the Patriots Act.
The Patriot Act makes those warrants very easy to get. It would be unbelievable if Flynn didn’t think his calls to the ambassador were tapped.
 
F.B.I. Interviewed Flynn in Trump’s First Days in Office, Officials Say
F.B.I. agents interviewed Michael T. Flynn when he was national security adviser in the first days of the Trump administration about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, current and former officials said on Tuesday.
The interview raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If he was not entirely honest with the F.B.I., it could expose Mr. Flynn to a felony charge. President Trump asked for Mr. Flynn’s resignation on Monday night.
 
This is in addition to calling him a cheeto. I try not to paint all his supporters with the same brush, as tempting as that is. I think this theory is intriguing. There is evidence, see the videos in this article. I don’t think he’s illiterate but could have a learning disability that makes reading difficult. It is intriguing.

indy100.com/article/donald-trump-theory-cant-read-illiterate-david-pakman-barely-7567481

By the way, it’s all working. Trump is very unpopular and is only getting more unpopular. He has his base but it’s shrinking and he will not gain any new supporters.
Poor guy. It appears that he at least does not enjoy reading and does not read easily.

If I were him, I would be terrified that the lives of so many depend upon my ability to assimilate large amounts of information. I wonder what goes on in his head?

It’s a personal bias of mine, but I do not easily relate to people who do not read for pleasure and edification. Of course folks with learning disabilities can be wonderful human beings. Reading is just a very large, important part of my life.
 
The Patriot Act makes those warrants very easy to get. It would be unbelievable if Flynn didn’t think his calls to the ambassador were tapped.
Once again Flynn would have had to have been a suspect. There is no indication the FBI had a warrant to wiretap Flynn, there would be no basis for one unless they did so illegally.

Either way it stills gets back to the questions poised:

Who authorized the wiretap and recording of a private citizen (Flynn) during a political campaign?
If a Federal Court approved this; what was the basis of the request?
Who initiated the request for wiretapping the phone conversations of an American citizen?

There is also the likely and probable scenario that they intercepted and eavesdropped aka “spied” on Russian Ambassador Kislyak conversations.

This seems to be the case according to the Washington Post.

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/justice-department-warned-white-house-that-flynn-could-be-vulnerable-to-russian-blackmail-officials-say/2017/02/13/fc5dab88-f228-11e6-8d72-263470bf0401_story.html?utm_term=.0da13ba5b08e

Which the question then becomes who was responsible for ordering the eavesdropping? Hmmm. Sally Yates…
 
Hillary lied to the FBI, Congress and the American people and nothing happened to her.

John Kerry met with the N. Vietnam while we were at war, and he became Senator and SOS.

It’s called double standards and it smells to high heavens.

The Democrats are scraping the bottom of the barrell to disrupt.
It’s the way they roll,sadly and annoyingly…
 
It’s the way they roll,sadly and annoyingly…
It is annoying and disgusting. Makes you sick to think grown adults are acting this way on our dime, when they should be working instead of dragging their feet on everything.
 
It is annoying and disgusting. Makes you sick to think grown adults are acting this way on our dime, when they should be working instead of dragging their feet on everything.
Lol you have no idea what you’re talking about.
 
Yea…sure.:rolleyes: Just turn on CSpan and listen to them or did your mommy and daddy vote for them, and that’s why you do?
Keep defending this incompetence. My parents are actually hardcore conservatives.
 
Keep defending this incompetence. My parents are actually hardcore conservatives.
Sure.

He wasn’t even in the position for 30 days to be incompetent.

There’s no law saying Flynn couldn’t talk to the Russians.

Problem was communication with Pence.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top