Michael Flynn resigns as national security adviser

  • Thread starter Thread starter cornbread_r2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This comment is for those of you on the forum who stated that you in good conscience,could not vote for either HC or DT.Considering we are a two part system !by abstaining from voting for either of the top candidate’s you essentially didn’t cast a viable vote for president.Why is it you think you can now openly criticize DT’s every move? Why not get behind him and offer your support?As the saying goes,if you don’t vote you can’t complain.
Not here to argue,just really interested in what you have to say.
To be honest, I would have been happy for them to go after Clinton had she won. Maybe it’s my nature to enjoy watching frauds squirm.
 
Don’t forget their outright hatred for white people; they’re admitting it to our faces now. And all the while accusing white people of racism. In my opinion, they are nothing more than domestic terrorists now. They are not going to give up the power they amassed in the last eight years. It’s all about them, and power. They hate. Just look at the behavior of the so called protestors. They’re violent (paid) anarchists.
Right, sure, this makes sense.

Because some jerk throwing a brick through a window represents all Democrats.

And Democrats hate white people, despite the fact that most Democrats are, in fact, white.

And they “hate.” Everyone, apparently.

And they’re “domestic terrorists.”

Get serious. Please. The level to which discourse is sinking, on this forum and in this nation, is terrifying.
 
Right, sure, this makes sense.

Because some jerk throwing a brick through a window represents all Democrats.

And Democrats hate white people, despite the fact that most Democrats are, in fact, white.

And they “hate.” Everyone, apparently.

And they’re “domestic terrorists.”

Get serious. Please. The level to which discourse is sinking, on this forum and in this nation, is terrifying.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 
Right, sure, this makes sense.

Because some jerk throwing a brick through a window represents all Democrats.

And Democrats hate white people, despite the fact that most Democrats are, in fact, white.

And they “hate.” Everyone, apparently.

And they’re “domestic terrorists.”

Get serious. Please. The level to which discourse is sinking, on this forum and in this nation, is terrifying.
Don’t take my word for it, just listen to Sally Boyton Brown. She’s a candidate for the DNC Chair. She states her job would be to “shut down white people”, and she’s white. This is the mainstream Democratic Party now.

Some “jerk” throwing a bottle through a window? How about overturning police vehicles, destroying businesses, beating Trump supporters? BURNING limousines because you do t like the results of an election? This not protesting. It’s anarchy.

This is hate. This is domestic terrorism. Open your eyes.
 
Don’t take my word for it, just listen to Sally Boyton Brown. She’s a candidate for the DNC Chair. She states her job would be to “shut down white people”, and she’s white. This is the mainstream Democratic Party now.

Some “jerk” throwing a bottle through a window? How about overturning police vehicles, destroying businesses, beating Trump supporters? BURNING limousines because you do t like the results of an election? This not protesting. It’s anarchy.

This is hate. This is domestic terrorism. Open your eyes.
Sally Boynton Brown is an idiot, but what she said was “My job is to listen and be a voice and shut other white people down when they want to interrupt.” And that was said in a particular context, which you’re omitting. She was talking about training volunteers to reach out and communicate. Either you know that, and are posting a misleading excerpt from what she said, or you didn’t, because you didn’t bother to find out what she actually said, preferring the misleading quote.

Taking quotes out of context and making them appear to mean something they don’t actually mean is extremely poor form, and definitely qualifies as “fake news.”

And a bunch of self-styled anarchists damage property, and you respond as if they’re the actual leadership of the Democratic Party? Again, that’s not what’s really happening.
 
Sure.

He wasn’t even in the position for 30 days to be incompetent.

There’s no law saying Flynn couldn’t talk to the Russians.

Problem was communication with Pence.
The problem was lying to the Vice President, lying to the American people, and apparently lying to the FBI. All big lies. I agree that talking to the Russians was not illegal or a problem per se. So why did he lie? What did he feel so strongly that he needed to keep under wraps that he would lie to the Vice President’s face?
 
No I don’t thinks so, we were discussing the Patriot Act and specifically Flynn being wiretapped not Kislyak.
Flynn was not wiretapped, Kislyak was. This is how we monitor foreign officials. The intelligence agencies do not need a warrant to collect against foreign officials.

You notice no one in the administration is suggesting there was anything improper about collecting these calls? That is because there is nothing wrong with doing it. It is done every day and has been for probably 75 years or more.
 
The problem was lying to the Vice President, lying to the American people, and apparently lying to the FBI. All big lies. I agree that talking to the Russians was not illegal or a problem per se. So why did he lie? What did he feel so strongly that he needed to keep under wraps that he would lie to the Vice President’s face?
We don’t know the entire conversation yet between Flynn and Pence. I wouldn’t call it “big lies”. FBI has not stated Flynn lied. It might have been just been “No, I didn’t talk to them about sanctions.”, then Pence went on TV and made it look like Pence was out of the loop. Whether Flynn deliberately concealed the contents of his conversation from Vice President Pence, or merely forgot what had been said is unknown.
 
Flynn was not wiretapped, Kislyak was. This is how we monitor foreign officials. The intelligence agencies do not need a warrant to collect against foreign officials.

You notice no one in the administration is suggesting there was anything improper about collecting these calls? That is because there is nothing wrong with doing it. It is done every day and has been for probably 75 years or more.
We don’t know if that is true, sounds like the probable scenario and I’m not disagreeing with what you said as I’ve said “routine eavesdropping” if they were intercepting Kisylak conversations, however still doesn’t negate the double standards or legality issues. Like the sanctions applied to punish Russia for spying on the U.S.? Both countries clearly spy on each other. The DOJ was still eavesdropping on the conversation, which has to be ordered by the DOJ. More serious question is whether our nation’s intelligence services were involved in what amounts to political espionage.
 
MODERATOR NOTE

This thread is wandering, please return to the news in the original post

All posts are to be charitable

Charitably discuss the news not each other

No name calling of anyone
 
I would agree with you here. Reading is a huge part of my life also. 45 does appear to have a difficulty with reading. It has come up on numerous occasions and under varying circumstances. What did he say when asked what he read? 'I like reading… " ‘The Art of the Deal’ is his favorite book and he hears it is doing well.

Anyway, a recent NYTimes piece told us:

nytimes.com/2017/02/12/us/politics/national-security-council-turmoil.html?_r=2

"And while Mr. Obama liked policy option papers that were three to six single-spaced pages, council staff members are now being told to keep papers to a single page, with lots of graphics and maps.

“The president likes maps,” one official said."

Sad.
Yes,Reagan was an amiable dunce George W Bush was an idiot as well,now we have Trump who is illiterate. Time to get another brilliant Dem running the WH.The Dem presidents are always more intelligent,why HC the most intelligent woman n the world,apparently knew nothing about keeping her email server secure but no matter,she is a Dem so it’s ok!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sarcasm inserted.
 
Sally Boynton Brown is an idiot, but what she said was “My job is to listen and be a voice and shut other white people down when they want to interrupt.” And that was said in a particular context, which you’re omitting. She was talking about training volunteers to reach out and communicate. Either you know that, and are posting a misleading excerpt from what she said, or you didn’t, because you didn’t bother to find out what she actually said, preferring the misleading quote.

Taking quotes out of context and making them appear to mean something they don’t actually mean is extremely poor form, and definitely qualifies as “fake news.”

And a bunch of self-styled anarchists damage property, and you respond as if they’re the actual leadership of the Democratic Party? Again, that’s not what’s really happening.
Oh, please. The fact that SBB even uttered that people need to be shut down because of the color of their skin is utterly indefensible. I have listened to every word the insane racist has uttered. Defend her all you like. I’m praying she wins. The true face of the unhinged racist Democratic Party revealed.

These “self styled anarchists”, bless their little hearts, have yet to be denounced by the democratic hierarchy, giving them their tacit approval. They are one in the same.
 
We don’t know the entire conversation yet between Flynn and Pence. I wouldn’t call it “big lies”. FBI has not stated Flynn lied. It might have been just been “No, I didn’t talk to them about sanctions.”, then Pence went on TV and made it look like Pence was out of the loop. Whether Flynn deliberately concealed the contents of his conversation from Vice President Pence, or merely forgot what had been said.
“No. I didn’t talk to them about sanctions” would be a pretty big lie.

I am sure more will come out over the coming weeks. I doubt any of it will make Gen Flynn look any better.
 
I guess when you mislead your President and Vice President this can be expected.
Right, it is an important role in the Trump camp. There can’t be any bad blood, doubts. I am fine with this. They can’t be second guessing each other, getting out in front. Especially Trump - he doesn’t strike me as too big on mavericks. (which is a shame - your mavericks will save you - it’s true. The yes men sink you.) Although I think this came down more to a trust issue. So, right thing to do for all parties.
 
We don’t know if that is true, sounds like the probable scenario and I’m not disagreeing with what you said as I’ve said “routine eavesdropping” if they were intercepting Kisylak conversations, however still doesn’t negate the double standards or legality issues. The DOJ was still eavesdropping on the conversation, which has to be ordered by the DOJ. More serious question is whether our nation’s intelligence services were involved in what amounts to political espionage.
Well, with respect, I don’t think you have a good handle on the legalities of the situation. The eavesdropping was an intelligence function, not a legal or investigative function. Collecting against foreign officials is not political espionage.
 
Well, with respect, I don’t think you have a good handle on the legalities of the situation. The eavesdropping was an intelligence function, not a legal or investigative function. Collecting against foreign officials is not political espionage.
That’s your opinion, but I know I have a good grasp on the legalities. 😉 The DOJ still has to give the order for the eavesdropping - fact. I didn’t say collecting against foreign officials is political espionage - the leaks are what are political espionage.
 
“No. I didn’t talk to them about sanctions” would be a pretty big lie.

I am sure more will come out over the coming weeks. I doubt any of it will make Gen Flynn look any better.
Apparently the Russian ambassador asked about the sanctions and Flynn simply said, “You’ll have the opportunity to discuss the sanctions with the new Trump administration.” The horror! Russia asked about sanctions…

That’s why the FBI found nothing illegal with the phone conversation and nothing further will come of this with Flynn.

I don’t know the conversations that occurred in the WH with Pence and Flynn. Pence apparently was out of the loop and only recently found out about Yates going to the WH about Flynn. That’s a communication problem.
 
That’s your opinion, but I know I have a good grasp on the legalities. 😉 The DOJ still has to give the order for the eavesdropping - fact. I didn’t say collecting against foreign officials is political espionage - the leaks are what are political espionage.
Well, I am also quite confident that I am correct. I guess we will just have to see who turns out to be right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top