Michael Flynn resigns as national security adviser

  • Thread starter Thread starter cornbread_r2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever Flynn may or may not have said to his Russian contacts before President Trump took office, and whether or not it violated any law, it seems to me the real issue is that he deceived the President and the Vice President about his contacts. He made Vice President Pence look like a fool after Pence went on television and defended him.

This isn’t a partisan issue – of course the President (and the Vice President) must have people around him whom he can trust.

Of course Mr. Flynn had to go. I don’t see what else the White House could do. This isn’t a case of “the media” bringing down Flynn, or “the leftists” working against him.

It’s his own fault.
 
I heard one suggestion that it may have been someone in the White House who leaked the story, not someone in the intelligence community, since the story just gave the gist and not the actual transcript of the conversation. Apparently several people in the White House knew what the gist was. .
Interesting.
And now there are rumors of a major purge of people in the IC. Our intelligence will be compromised.

Cui bono?
 
Actually I’d like him a whole lot better. He’s a regular politician who won’t put us in such jeopardy and risk – and he wouldn’t be so hated around the world as Trump is. At least I’d be better able to sleep at night with Pence’s hand on the “red button” than with Trump’s hand on it.

Also I do agree with Pence’s position on abortion, so at least some good could come out of a Pence presidency.

Though I consider climate change to be the mother of all pro-life issues (without a life-hospitable climate, child-bearing and abortion could become moot points), I was never as concerned about our country and the world under Bush and would not be as concerned as I am now with Pence.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen or heard it said that climate change is the mother of all pro-life issues. But having now seen it, I see your point that without a hospitable climate for life, child birth and abortion would be moot points.
 
They weren’t intending to hit Flynn like this because he’s a Democrat. They’ve been focusing on Sessions because he’s an old, white male from the South…
Now we know he is a liar as well.
 
Flynn should be brought back as a special assistant to Trump for counter intelligence to ferret out the leakers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top