Miracles Do Happen

• Thread starter Thread starter MGEISING
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
MattG:
The sun, appearing as a golden circle was surrounded by clouds tinted in rich mahogany-colored hues. Not only did looking directly at the sun not cause pain, the clouds themselves were not ordinary clouds. Each of the four clouds having a 90° angle met with the sun in the center of the cross formed by obscuring clouds and exposed sky. The sun appeared to be a consecrated Host, the Son of God. Looking at this vision without blinking for many seconds was a joy. Then, I doubted.

The safety of continuing to gaze thusly at the sun made me look away, but only for fewer than three seconds. Feeling guilty of my disloyalty, I returned my eyes to the sun and I earned for this gaze more pain than I’d ever experienced through my eyes. Not only that … the clouds were no longer in evidence and my miracle was over. The pain was a gift, too. It protected my vision.
That’s wild. I know this post is like 6 months old, but I had a virtually identical experience there in 1991 or 1992, whatever year Notre Dame beat Florida State before they lost to Boston College and got shafted on the National Championship vote. Anyhow, it was the weekend that Notre Dame beat FSU. I saw a lot of those photos with the door in front of the sun. We were able to look at the sun, too. I can’t remember much about the day since I was only 11 or 12, but a GIANT cross formed in the sky (not in front of the sun, like yours) out of nowhere on a perfectly clear day. And it wasn’t one of those things where you look up and say, “oh, that cloud’s a turtle”, “oh, that cloud looks like Bob Barker.” There was no mistaking this cross. It was perfectly symetrical with sharp angles. There were tens of thousands of people there (lots of hispanics and asians, as I remember.) All of our rosaries either tarnished or turned gold. And we could definitely smell roses all over the place. Shortly after going, my dad and my grandfather were converted to the faith.

I need to find my photo. I was so in awe of it, so mesmerized by it, that I didn’t think to take a pic until it had almost vanished. Any of you there to back me up on the cross?

Every time I go to Mass & that host & wine are lifted up. Nobody else has a miracle at their every service.

Church Militant:
Every time I go to Mass & that host & wine are lifted up. Nobody else has a miracle at their every service.
Hi C.M. The miracle is Me being at the service. 😃 God Bless.

Church Militant:
Dear friend

This is exactly what I was going to post. Everyday on the altar of the Catholic faith and those in union with Rome, there is a miracle of God and the Priests holds God up in his hands and inturn we receive God into ourselves and He dwells in us in the most intimate manner, so that by His indwelling we may grow to become more like our Lord Jesus Christ.

Also, every recreation of the new day by God is a miracle. Every new life, every child born, every creature born and created each unique. Every prayer answered is a miracle.

We live in a miracle, each of us being a miracle of God…that is God’s creation.

God Bless you all and much love and peace to you all and those you love

Teresa

clicked no while thinking “…probably didn’t recognize it…” and immediently thought of the mass, elevation! So I change my vote 😛

Just the normal kind of things

The birth of each of my 3 boys Roy 22, Michael 21 and Sean 19
The love of my family
The mass
My wife still loves me
My wife the second or third cousin to Oral Roberts is now Catholic

:blessyou:

I was laid off from my job for six months. The company I worked for was permanently downsizing. I was praying ten or twelve different novenas to find a job, but especially the five day novena to St. Therese the Little Flower. Well, the week of Christmas, just two weeks before my unemployment was set to run out, my brother came to visit.

He asked if he could check his email on my computer, so I agreed. His best friend had sent him a screensaver, which he asked to install on my computer. Normally, I would have said no, but for some reason I told him to go ahead. Well, the screensaver turned out to be one of roses falling down the screen! Three weeks later I started the best job I’ve ever had.

St. Therese, thank you!

I thought the dissolution of the U.S.S.R. in my lifetime was a miracle. Now everyone acts like it was expected, but lemme tell you at the time it most definitely was NOT expected or anticipated…

When I was 18 I was doing a job out in Brewster, WA for about a month. Within the first week there I was driving back to the site from Wal-Mart on a dark and lonely highway in the middle of no where with a co-worker. About half way home my back tire blew on the Bronco and with the current experience level of driving and having a top heavy vehicle I lost control of the vehicle and we rolled across the highway going about 60 miles an hour. Now I was wearing my seatbelt and my friend wasn’t which in turn we were extremely fortunate to walk away from that accident without and issue except me having a seatbelt bruise and him with a dislocated shoulder from an old ski accident.

Now I wish I could remember the dates of my relatives but my mother pointed out to me later that I rolled over a day or two between the dates of a family member’s birth and death, both of whom both had already passed away. My family and I also believe that my grandfather is my guardian angel since he had passed away 8 days before I was born and help played a part in my survival without any major injuries.

I’ve never seen what most people would call a miracle. I like hearing about them, especially during this period of my life where I’m struggling to keep my faith. Hearing about a miraculous event brings me comfort that might last a few monents. Thats when all the doubt comes

Miracles: Carrying my son to term after a difficult pregnancy.
Several emotional healings drawing me closer to God
my dad surviving three bullets shot at close range and becoming a Catholic.(now if only he would be healed emotionally himself)

A miracle I want: My son’s father to become catholic, and for his new wife to recommit herself to the Catholic faith that she admits to me that she has, but denies to her husband.

i was driving down the road one day, and suddenly i couldn’t breathe.

i knew that i was about to die.

i started getting out of traffic so that when i died i wouldn’t crash into other cars when i died.

then i prayed, and told God that i thought i should stick around for awhile longer, to help other people find Him.

suddenly i could breathe again. i didn’t swallow anything or cough.

i could simply breathe again.

darkesthour - may God bless you with the gift of His precious faith. i pray for you.

During a particularly dark period in my spiritual journey, when I felt that God was very far from me, my closest brother was diagnosed with stomach cancer and it had metastisized into his liver. He was given 3 months to live. I cried out to God “Now would be a good time to show me that you are here and send a miracle.” To make a long story short, a priest with a healing ministry prayed with him and although there was no thunder or bright lights (it was the feast of the Immaculate Conception), three days later he went in for his monthly scan and was found to be cancer free. My brother lived cancer free for 3 years and reconciled his relationship with his teenage son who had gotten into drugs and had run away. They had those 3 years to heal that most hurtful relationship. The cancer then came back and he died very shortly thereafter. However, that extra time probably saved his son’s life. The doctors were confounded and couldn’t explain the miracle. There are records showing his liver full of tumors one week and completely healthy the next.

The odd thing was that, although I was looking for some sign from God to help my weak faith, this miracle did absolutely nothing for my faith. This “dark” journey I was on at the time was one that ultimately led me to realize that the shallow faith I had was based on feelings and the senses. Through that time of suffering, I came to a point where I simply had to choose to believe, not because of feelings or signs or miracles, but simply because I chose to believe God’s word and His promises through His Church. It took a number of years, but the Lord brought me through it and now I look back on that miracle with great joy at what God did for my brother and his family.

Blessings

Miracles happen in all of our lives. We are just not always tuned to the right channel to receive them. We are too busy listening to the noise of life. I have had many miracles in my life. The only one that I can show all of you happened at Conyers Ga. last year. www.conyerswitness.com

Grammy,

Thanks for putting together your wonderful website regarding your experiences at Conyers GA. You make me wish I could visit.

CARose

The birth of my daughter was two miracles. She was born three months premature. She weighed only three pounds. I was bleeding badly and almost died. But I survived and when I woke the doctors told me there was not much hope and if my daughter survived she might only be a vegatable. Well she not only survived but today thirty-one years later she is a talented singer, dance, actress and teacher.

I know a priest that has had many miracles happen and I witnessed one of them. It was amazing.

My dad lost his car keys which had his dog tags from the Airforce attached. He helped my sister move to another town on May 28th and lost them. He was especially saddened over the loss of his dog tags. He checked all pockets, his truck, my sister’s vehicle, my step-mom’s vehicle, even places he hadn’t been.

My other sister told me of this and I suggested we pray a Novena to St. Anthony. Neither of us had ever prayed a Novena before. We decided since his feast day is June 13th, that we would begin our Novena on June 5 and end it on the 13th.

Daddy called last night to tell me that he cannot figure out how he missed those keys in his pants pocket. They have even been washed twice since May 28th. He can’t figure it out. But I can. 🙂

Peace,

Deanna

Edge of a massive lake cliff having a family photo ( after the guide had warned us about the cliff edge, and how toxic the lake was, serious acid burns if you touched it), my mom saying just step back a little bit more, a little bit more, and bam, my little sister goes straight off the edge. Panic, shock, hysteria, everyone rushed and we turned round and looked down.

There was my little sister, sitting on a little ledge, just a little bit left or right, and i doubt she would have survived.

Looked up and around at all the cliffs, and there were no other ledges ANYWHERE. Truly her guardian angel was with her on that day.
Now look me in the eye and tell me “there is no God”. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back