Mocking those who are religious

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeShlabotnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, abortion has always existed.
So has rape. But we don’t see anyone calling for it’s legalization.
Pro life judge means what?
I recognize this argument.
John 18:38.
Faced with an uncomfortable truth, one often tries to tear at it.
The science of climate change is more than speculation and our Church recognised this truth. And the consequences are exponentially worse in terms of impact.
So you claim.
We have abortion, present and fact.
We have your speculation.
I choose to work on the fact.
 
Jen95, it is hard for me to trust a person who does not believe he needs forgiveness of his sins. We all need forgiveness. We all are sinners.
 
We are…after all…not electing a religious leader…but a political leader…what his or her faith is should have no bearing on their position as President as long as he/she swears to preserve protect and defend the Constitution of the United States…the way things are here on CAF and in the general populace you could be mistaken for thinking that politics in this country is the new religion.
 
People can choose to not have abortions and obviously should.
People by the hundreds of millions and perhaps billions will run out of inhabitable earth to live on.
I get that people cannot fathom it,or figure it won’t happen in their life, or it won’t be that bad. Why not! You have a president selling that. But there is a substantial risk now. And the potential is exponentially worse than the abortion issue. Born, unborn, it won’t discriminate. And as desperate people seek to move to survive, society will break down. And the unknown is even more frightening.
Example:
Two years ago a certain breed of deer in Siberia went extinct in about 12 months. Why? Answer: They carried a dormant virus( we carry thousands). It was triggered by a 1-2 degree increase in temp. Food! Ecosystem! It is a great unknown in what has the potential to be an extinction event. And Trump is hiding his own administration reports, filling the positions with oil company employees, and fighting the science.
Our own Church is leading, but it’s voice is muted by this politic of Trump.
 
Last edited:
Maximus1 . . . .
I don’t condemn people.
Sure you do. I see it all the time with “Trump”.

Nobody here is asking you to condemn anybody in a salvation sense (so let’s not pretend that is the context here).

I just want to hear you POLITICALLY condemn the unfettered pro-abort politicians.

Now is your chance Maximus1.
 
Maximus1 making excuses (hopefully unbeknownst to him) that favor abotion legalization. . . .
First, abortion has always existed.
Not true with regards to law.
Just true “existing” with regards to breaking the law in many cases.

Why not join me in calling for real laws? Laws that protect against murdering innocent people.

We have always had slavery in the world too. Should we have “laws” that allow that again?

Jewish people have always been hated by certain other people.

Using the Maximus1 PRINCIPLE (for abortion) we should have “laws” promoting Jew-hate too. Because as Maximus1 says . . .
First, abortion has always existed.
So by logical extension and a Maximus1 paradigm someone else COULD say . . . .
First, Jew-hate has always existed.
Now I know you are not hateful against Jewish people Maximus1.

Why not take that same anti-bigoted principle, and apply it to pre-born human babies too?

Why give those pro-abort bigoted (against pre-born people) politicians a pass?

.

Maximus1 . . . .
People by the hundreds of millions and perhaps billions will run out of inhabitable earth to live on.
Oh good grief.
 
Last edited:
So this thread went from “Donald Trump mocks religious people” to “abortion has always been a thing and will always be a thing” and “you need to vote for the environment above everything else” in no time.

Methinks this isn’t about Donald Trump anymore. Take your guesses what I think this is really all about.
 
it is hard for me to trust a person who does not believe he needs forgiveness of his sins.
So does that apply to the Democratic party as well?
For Trump, there’s a no win answer for that. If he said ‘I need the forgiveness of Christ’, he would give his enemies a ton of ammunition.
 
PennyinCanada . . .
So does that apply to the Democratic party as well?
Great point on principle here Penny.

PennyinCanada . . .
For Trump, there’s a no win answer for that. If he said ‘I need the forgiveness of Christ’, he would give his enemies a ton of ammunition.
Another good point.

We are not the Confessor to President Trump.

@JoeShlabotnik. Do you think Buttigieg needs to publicly repent and ask God’s forgiveness for sodomizing his “spouse” that he openly admits he is having a sexually intimate relationship with?

Please link me to those posts where you have called for THAT here on CAF.

I’d like to see how you worded those admonitions.

You DID publicly admonish Buttigieg did you not?
I mean this is about religious principle
and not trying to fool voters
into NOT voting for Trump right?

So I can expect THAT admonition from you against Mayor Pete too. Right?

Please link me to three of those posts of yours.

Thanks in advance JoeShlabotnik.
 
Last edited:
No. I didn’t know that.

I know that is what you say.

So now show me your specific criticisms of those candidates and I will be satisfied.

You have had no qualms about your specific criticisms over “Trump” about much less important items.

So how much more, if on principle, can I expect you to be running down the democrats specifically here too.

So link me to two or three of those, and I’ll support you in that realm.
 
You say climate change is much less important. I see evidence that the potential devestation will be exponentially worse. You blow off what I am saying, which is what the church says, and the leadership of Catholic Bishops says. My sense is a President can do more to condemn or save billions, and civilization, with climate change, than indirectly affect some portions of abortions on his best day. Both eventualities are tragedies. I named the one I think is bigger.
PS, without abortion, Trump is arguably a complete reprobate. Why not agree to that. I will wait
 
Last edited:
Maximus1 . . .
You say climate change is much less important.
I still want to see those links where you are running down specific Democrat candidates instead of attempting to get me off topic and potentially fool readers here.
 
You pass the Civil War Amendments and slavery ended.
You overturn Roe and abortion does not end. There is a difference. You will continue to have states providing it. And a short plane ride away. For the poor, the lady in the swamp perhaps. I am not voting on a single issue when the politician I vote for can do very little. Not with the potential of climate change where they can potentially save hundreds of millions.
 
I am not fooling anyone. These are issues the Vatican has taken up and leadership of Catholic Bishops specifically.
 
Maximus1 (still not providing links of him condemning pro-abort Democrat politicians) . . . .
These are issues the Vatican has taken up and leadership of Catholic Bishops specifically.
Have the U.S. Bishops as a body, put forth ANY preeminent issue recently?
 
Last edited:
Recently there has been discussion on the climate issue. It is only a matter of time before the body acts. Hopefully in time to make a difference
The climate issue continues to grow more dire.
The Pope just wrote on the subject
 
Last edited:
Maximus1 . . . .
The climate issue continues to grow more dire.
No it doesn’t.

Can a person suffer or die from “climate change”
who has already been pre-meditatively murdered
by “abortion”?

What do you think the US Bishops recently taught us, that is the preeminent issue is?

I am also still waiting for those links where you are condemning specific Democrat candidates for their abortion cheerleading.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top