Mocking those who are religious

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeShlabotnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Mitt Romney seems to conduct himself in a more Christ-like manner.
But, then, I should not be judging Trump. I should be praying for him.
 
Last edited:
No, it just that Trump acts like those I have always been told not to act like. I was brought up to use manner and not to trash other people through words or deeds. Even those whom I do not like.
I will not applaud someone who talks, tweets, and acts like Donald Trump, solely because he wants to gain my vote as a Pro-Life Catholic!
I will continue to pray for him, but I refuse to vote for him.
 
I seem to recall that the media always accepted Obama and Clinton’s own professions of faith without examining the particulars.
 
I seem to recall that the media always accepted Obama and Clinton’s own professions of faith without examining the particulars.
That’s potentially understandable because - in the opinion of not just a few - The Bulk of the very influential Media Machine - is owned and directed by Leftism…

They’ll never report the endless Mockery of Democrats…
 
Last edited:
I’m one of Trump’s major critics and still took issue with this article and its tone.
Trump does not regularly talk about religion with many of his advisers, who said they knew little about how the president views God.
Are he supposed to? I love my faith, but I wouldn’t bring it up with co-workers in a pluralistic job setting. If he did, there would be media blather about how he’s letting his faith get in the way of his job, imposing his religious views on others, etc.

Am I skeptical of his claims to Christianity? Sure, I am. But I also trust Christ when he tells us that by their fruits, we shall know them. So I don’t preoccupy myself with the question of Trump’s inner beliefs or whether he’s lying about his Christian faith. I’m concerned with his actions and results.
 
Last edited:
Obama, Clinton, both Bushes, and presidents all the way back to Ronald Reagan acknowledged that they were sinners in need of forgiveness.
Donald Trump has said that he has not asked for forgiveness for sins, because he believes he has nothing to ask forgiveness for. That in itself says much.
We, all, are sinners.
 
It is tiresome to here false equivalence explanations.
If Trump is mocking others who are religious, he mocking them. His actions have nothing to do with the media or previous presidents, Democrats or Republicans.
 
Obama, Clinton, both Bushes, and presidents all the way back to Ronald Reagan acknowledged that they were sinners in need of forgiveness.
Donald Trump has said that he has not asked for forgiveness for sins, because he believes he has nothing to ask forgiveness for. That in itself says much.
We, all, are sinners.
I’m sure there’s plenty to criticize our president about, but whether or not he considers himself to be a sinner is of zero interest or importance to me. Zero.
I also know that he baits the media all the time.
 
Last edited:
He is pointing out hypocrisy in particular individuals. I’m not saying I support that, but I don’t think he is mocking all religious people. Is that what you think?
 
So reading through this article, it seems like nothing more than a hit piece.

The title is ‘Trump mocks the faith of others’.

In the article it states
‘But Trump — who recently mocked the expressions of faith of two devout politicians, the Catholic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Latter-day Saint Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) — very rarely puts his own religious beliefs on display’.
Much further down, in fact right at the end (the part of the article people often don’t get to) when actually explaining how he mocked them, it says
Speaking about Romney, who said his religious beliefs guided him in casting his vote against Trump during the impeachment trial, and Pelosi, who has said she prays for the president, Trump said: “I don’t like people who use their faith as justification for doing what they know is wrong. Nor do I like people who say, ‘I pray for you,’ when they know that that’s not so.
That’s mocking their faith? Hardly.
 
I can only be grateful for the fact that I am no longer obsessed with the religiosity (or irreligiosity) of politicians I don’t like.
 
I think he’s basically an agnostic, but his policies, and I don’t agree with all of them though I did vote for him (first republican I ever voted for more or less) are better than the alternatives seem to be right now.
 
Trump mocks the faith of others.
You know, the Dems mock the faith of others, especially Christianity that supports pro-life and is a supporter of one man one woman marriage. They hate that.

This is a divide and conquer strategy.
If the media keep highlighting behavior of Trumps that Christians dislike, divide and conquer.
 
So reading through this article, it seems like nothing more than a hit piece.

The title is ‘Trump mocks the faith of others’.
That’s mocking their faith? Hardly.
Exactly . Political Fluss… Something pro-Democrats cling on to
They’re like the Cauldron calling the teacup - Black!
Google Trump Mocks. and you’ll get him mocking everything…

I’m not claiming Trump is angelic - however Methinks it’s Mockers Mocking Trump…
 
President Trump is imperfect but he is a great man. He has been one of the greatest presidents for Christians in US history. Our president respects life, he respects religious freedom, and he has appointed pro-life pro-religious freedom judges who will protect Christians’ rights for generations to come. President Trump chose Vice-President Pence as his running mate. Vice President Pence is a big defender of religious liberty and Christian values. Many of President Trump’s supporters, such as Mike Huckabee are also strong supporters of religious liberty. That article is totally wrong.
God bless
 
Last edited:
Meh, as long as you aren’t voting for people who oppose your beliefs as a pro-life Catholic, all is well.

I assume you are a third-party voter or a write-in voter? Good on you for that. I can’t be sure since you have spent a lot of time railing against Trump offending you as a pro-life Catholic but precious little time discuss how the other candidates on the Democratic side offend you just as much as a pro-life Catholic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top