Mocking those who are religious

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeShlabotnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t be sure since you have spent a lot of time railing against Trump offending you as a pro-life Catholic but precious little time discuss how the other candidates on the Democratic side offend you just as much as a pro-life Catholic.
I see many of his posts say we shouldn’t judge when the topic is about democrats.
 
If Charles Manson declared he were Pro-Life, would you support him?
Trump is a politician. He would be pro-anything to get re-elected.
His words and the way he treats people are not Christian.
 
Whenever there is any story that is negative about trump, it is always “a hit piece.” Come on, Man.
 
Mike Huckabee is another politician. He would say anything or do anything to be elected to some office.
 
His words and the way he treats people are not Christian.
Supportimg the mass murder of babies isn’t Christian either.

I don’t agree with all of Trumps policies or his attitude, but if somebody can’t get the basics right they have no credibility whatsoever.
 
I don’t agree with all of Trumps policies or his attitude, but if somebody can’t get the basics right they have no credibility whatsoever.
If I had a nickel for every Trump person who has justified his nasty, vile persona with “I don’t agree with of Trump’s policies or attitudes…blah blah blah.
If you support him, then to support the things he says and the way he treats people.
You can’t just use the cafeteria approach. I like this. I don’t like that.
One other thing about some of the other politicians. I have not heard them say that support abortion. What they have said is that they support a woman’s right to choose for herself. Is that the same thing?
Trump is a hypocrite in calling himself a Christian solely because of his stand on abortion.
 
40.png
Dr_Meinheimer:
I can’t be sure since you have spent a lot of time railing against Trump offending you as a pro-life Catholic but precious little time discuss how the other candidates on the Democratic side offend you just as much as a pro-life Catholic.
I see many of his posts say we shouldn’t judge when the topic is about democrats.
That’s curious.
 
The thing is you seem to focus on one person who offends your pro-life sensibilities. Who else besides Trump is is or was running does so? That would help people take your objections more to heart, if that is your intent.
 
If you support him, then to support the things he says and the way he treats people.
Funny, I have lost track of the number of Catholics who oppose abortion and gay marriage but still vote for the Democrat who supports both. Weird. I guess being married to every aspect of a candidate only applies to Republicans who use foul language.
 
JoeShlabotnik . . .
If Charles Manson declared he were Pro-Life, would you support him?
Joe. You seem to be more worried about his “declarations” than his pro-life “actions”.

He doesn’t owe you or me, what he has or has not told God in prayer.

The fact that he says he has not asked for forgiveness is none of your (or my) business.

Whatever he has asked God for or not asked God for, he has shown to be a work of grace.

He is not perfect (neither are you or I).

But President Trump has shown himself to be open to God’s grace.

You do not go from being a rabidly pro-abortion philanderer (back in his Democrat days), to who he is now, without SOME grace.

You worrying about his Tweets and insults but failing to see this, just suggests you are having difficulties seeing the good in the man.

His pro-life actions tell me a LOT about him.

Jesus contrasted these guys “declarations” and “actions” too.
MATTHEW 21:28-32 28 “What do you think? A man had two sons; and he went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work in the vineyard today.’ 29 And he answered, ‘I will not’; but afterward he repented and went. 30 And he went to the second and said the same; and he answered, ‘I go, sir,’ but did not go. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. 32 For John came to you in the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the harlots believed him; and even when you saw it, you did not afterward repent and believe him.
.

JoeShlabotnik . . .
He would be pro-anything to get re-elected.
Then he should be openly pro-abortion again (like ALL the Democrats in the race are) according to your standards because that is the more popular political position.
His words and the way he treats people are not Christian.
Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t.

Just like when someone ridiculously magnifies the faults of others thereby harming their reputation (for example comparing them to Charles Manson) does not strike me as being a particularly Christian action either.
 
Last edited:
JoeShlabotnik on support of politicians actions . . .
You can’t just use the cafeteria approach.
Yes I can. These are politicians we are talking about.
Not the faith.

WHO do YOU support politically?
(I want to hold you to your same standard.)
 
Last edited:
Obama, Clinton, both Bushes, and presidents all the way back to Ronald Reagan acknowledged that they were sinners in need of forgiveness.
Donald Trump has said that he has not asked for forgiveness for sins, because he believes he has nothing to ask forgiveness for. That in itself says much.
We, all, are sinners.
What President Trump says and what he feels or does or says privately we do not know for sure. In the wee hours of the night when President Trump is burning the midnight oil working, I have believe he does talk to God or during the day at work or travelling or when faced with a tough decision. I believe President Trump
knows God has helped him get to where he is today.
I believe he feels everyone praying for him has helped him. I believe President Trump knows he is not without sin. @JoeShlabotnik
 
Last edited:
More false equivalence. Trump says something bad. But all those lousy Democrats are badder.
But thanks for playing pile on.
 
You continue to cite a standard for electing someone, and refuse to apply it to anyone running but one person. Why?

Until you tell folks who meets your standard of an electable candidate, no one is likely to give anything you say much credence bud. It isn’t that hard.
 
Two interviews he said, he never did anything he needed to ask God for forgiveness for.
And
Therefore he has never asked God for forgiveness for anything. Zero contrition! His words!
Come on! We are Catholic, what Christianity can there really be with an absolute idea like that? I say that because rather than giving him thumbs up, someone should be telling him about one of the most basic requirements of Christian Life. I think it grotesque to feed political power and omit their most basic function as clergy. He might not know better. He may have some impediment. They don’t. Last year they gave him a mulligan. What’s that? Why would you ask for forgiveness if you have a holy Mulligan? And it looks bad for Christianity and we are pulled in. And everyone should see that.
 
Are any of you bothered by his faith counsel only having evangelicals? It was pointed out that in the past, these often included Catholics, Jews,and Muslims. His has none of these faiths…only evangelical Christians.

It bothered me.
 
Why? Because I feel that slowly but surely Donald Trump is destroying this country. With the exception of Mitt Romney, no elected official in Trump’s party criticizes anything that he does. No human being is perfect. Yes no one says he is wrong. That is a scary prospect.
Previous presidents, from Carter to Reagan to Bush to Clinton to Bush to Obama, all, were criticized for one thing or another by people in both political parties.
At this point, I am not concerned with who will run against Trump. I am much more concerned about him being re-elected.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top