Mocking those who are religious

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoeShlabotnik
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read conflicting points of view from Bishops on the issue for the first time. It will grow.
In terms of death, one is a holocaust, the other an extinction event.
Can a person suffer or die from climate change you ask? Billions can!
 
Last edited:
Maximus1 . . . .
Can a person suffer or die from climate change you ask?
No Maximus1. That is NOT what I asked.

Maximus1 (on U.S. Bishops teaching) . . . .
I read conflicting points of view from Bishops on the issue for the first time. It will grow.
Well if you think the Bishops are moral keystone cops
(or whatever term one can come up with regarding YOU saying they are putting out CONFLICTING “points of view”) . . .

. . . WHY did you try to appeal to them??
 
We just had a synod and I believe the Pope wrote an exhortation on Climate and the environment. Living up to the name Francis
 
Maximus1 . . . .
We just had a synod and I believe the Pope wrote an exhortation on Climate and the environment. Living up to the name Francis
Please put up here,
where Pope Francis talks about how the disrespect for life, and environmental problems are intertwined.

I could post it, but I think it would be more pedagogical if you did it.
 
God can very easily give us the solution to climate change. The demand and legalization of abortion is damaging to a nation’s prayer requests.
Let that sink in.

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 New King James Version (NKJV)

19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; 20 that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”
 
I think the problem in this country is that there are many people would like to combine religion with politics. We see in Iran how bad things can be when that happens.
 
The point I always try to make that we can chew gum and walk at the same time.
We can be Pro-Life without excluding a desire to support or not to support other issues.
I have a problem with people who are one issue voters.
Abortion has been with us since the mid-1970s.
At this point, it is not easy for a woman to obtain abortion on demand in much of this country.
Many candidates do not favor abortion as much as they favor offering women the opportunity to decide for themselves.
I truly believe the both Republicans and Democrats use abortion as a wedge issue. It is an issue to divide us on. That way they can get what they want on other extreme issues.
Remember that for the first two years of the Trump administration, the Republicans controlled the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the White House. They could have passed meaningful legislation on anything, including abortion. They did little, other than to give the top 1 percent of our country a huge tax cut.
The majority of this country wants reasonable gun control laws and the majority favor many other things, including immigration reform, tax cuts for those of us who make less than $250,000 a year, etc.
But both parties bow to their far left or far right. Instead of listening to the majority.
I support candidates who will act. Not just talk.
Candidates can stay anything. Look at all of the tweeting that our current president does. Talk is cheap and it much of it gets us nowhere.
 
God can very easily give us the solution to climate change. The demand and legalization of abortion is damaging to a nation’s prayer requests.
Let that sink in.
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this at all. Are you saying that God has the power to solve global warming, but that He lacks the power to do anything about abortion? Or are you saying that global warming is punishment for abortion? Neither of those make sense to me.
 
Ignoring damage to God’s own creation cannot possibly be ok. To have the capacity to act as stewards of the planet, and fail out of a plethora of vices and sin is a violation of our central purpose in his plan
 
God gave us this world. It is up to us to protect the world from us.
 
JoeShlabotnik (on rationalizing away not condemning politicians that want it “legal” to murder innocent people) . . .
I have a problem with people who are one issue voters.
So could OKing premeditated murder of innocent people be MORE than merely a political ISSUE too?

Could it also entail a faulty world-view?

What would you say to a person who supports people as being black slave-owners on the premise that their candidate wants to continue to RE-DEFINE black people as LESS THAN people, but wants your vote anyway?

What would you tell her?

Would you say . . .“Well I guess we don’t want to be one issue voters so yeah. I will support you because you want tough horse-thieving laws.”

What would you tell a guy who wants your political support, even though he too wants to RE-DEFINE a certain group of persons as LESS THAN PERSONS, based upon their Jewish ethnicity?

Would you too, say: “Yeah. Of course he has my vote. I don’t want to be a one-issue voter. So I am against sending all these Jewish people to the gas chambers, but hey, the guy is good on autobahns.”

Ironically and consistent with their (constant) PROJECTION, it is the leftist Democrats, who are one-issue voters. At least the ones in national politics.

Just listen to their rhetoric about Supreme Court judicial appointments some time.

Taking a segment of persons in society, and RE-DEFINING them as LESS THAN PERSONS is way more than a “single issue”.

It is a world view. A contemptible world view.

As Karl Keating has said in the past. These people should not get voted for dog catcher.
 
Last edited:
Maximus1 . . . .
I am not fooling anyone. These are issues the Vatican has taken up and leadership of Catholic Bishops specifically.
.

I think you are fooling yourself.

Here are the facts . . .

Catholic Bishops Tell Catholics to Vote Pro-Life First to Stop “The Threat of Abortion”​

NATIONAL MICAIAH BILGER FEB 6, 2020 | 10:56AM WASHINGTON, DC

Catholic bishops urged voters to make protections for unborn babies a “preeminent priority” at the voting booth this fall. . . .

. . . On Wednesday, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops released a series of short videos to supplement its voting guide, “Forming Consciences for Faithful Citizenship: A Call to Political Responsibility,” Crux reports. Each of the five videos is about 2 minutes, and one specifically focuses on the sanctity of human life. . . .

. . . The bishops said ending abortion should be a top priority for Catholic voters.

“The threat of abortion remains our preeminent priority because it directly attacks life itself because it takes place within the sanctuary of the family and because of the number of lives destroyed,” the bishops said in the voting guide. . . . .
Bold mine.


Yes of course there are other issues too. And the bishops mention those.

But life in this sense, the sense of being allowed to be born,
HAS TO be preeminent,
as if you can’t even be allowed to be born,
then what good is any other “program” or law, or viewpoint going to do to help you?
 
Last edited:
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this at all. Are you saying that God has the power to solve global warming, but that He lacks the power to do anything about abortion? Or are you saying that global warming is punishment for abortion? Neither of those make sense to me.
God does have the power to solve global warming. He is the creator of the universe. He caused the sun to dance at Fatima in 1917. He parted the Red Sea for his people to walk on dry ground.

If a people asked God for the solution to global warming, He could reveal it. However, the spilling of innocent blood is an abomination to Him. Speaking of the US, making it legal and funding the killing of 60 million people through abortion is how you don’t get this prayer answered.

The conversion of Nineveh, Jonah ch 3, describes how Jonah, sent by God, declared in 40 days Nineveh shall be destroyed. On hearing this, the king covered himself in sackcloth and sat in ashes. He sent out a proclamation that “Neither man nor beast, neither cattle nor sheep, shall taste anything: they shall not eat, nor shall they drink water. Man and beast shall be covered with sackcloth and call loudly to God; every man shall turn from his evil way and from the violence he has in had. Who knows, God may relent and forgive, and withhold his blazing wrath so that we shall not perish.” God saw their repentance and did not carry it out.

Today we as a Catholic people have been marked with ashes this past Wednesday and began our fast and repentance.
This is how we open the floodgates to the power of God.
I hope this clears up my earlier comment.
 
Voting for big oil and deregulation destroying the planet vs a pro life candidate who can do nothing but it’s symbolic
 
Global warming catastrophies are the biggest potential problem we face.
Never mind large areas of the planet uninhabitable, in those areas left, it will be unimaginable instability. Killing. Society breaking down.
Abortion has one terrible potential. Global warnings is exponentially worse
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top