T
The_Bucket
Guest
You could see this trainwreck coming from MILES away…
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Home
Hit close to home – did it.
Maybe if the priest(s) – would stop enabling/condoning men’s “weaknesses” – and placed the responsibility squarely where it belongs – on the lechers – these “weak” men -would be motivated — to actually work at overcoming said “weaknesses”.
Yes, he does. He sounds VERY controlling.I disagree, he does seem controlling. If her bf and any men who are so easily prone to lust should stay out of gyms.
I was making a general commentary on the was women dress in general. And no need to be sarcastic. Yes, I feel sorry for men regarding the issue of immodest dressing.Surely it is not a matter of all fully covered men working out in a gym surrounded by scantily clad women all out to incite those ‘poor’ men to lust. Firstly, which man fully covers up to work out in a gym. Many wear shorts, tanks, whatever. Secondly, I am sure that not all women go to gyms just to strut around. I believe they are there to work out too.
The priest in this case is doing his job. You on the other hand seem to be confused.
Hit close to home – did it.
Maybe if the priest(s) – would stop enabling/condoning men’s “weaknesses” – and placed the responsibility squarely where it belongs – on the lechers – these “weak” men -would be motivated — to actually work at overcoming said “weaknesses”.
Those knees and elbows! And then there is toe cleavage - heavens!Yes, he does. He sounds VERY controlling.
I would wonder what he is wearing to work out. Shorts and a T ? Because he shouldn’t be showing those knees or elbows. :tsktsk:
If you agree to change what you wear, I would also ask him to work out in pants.
What you are wearing is modest. Men need to be able to control themselves if they see a knee or elbow.
I was making a very valid point. I on the other hand feel sorry for all those on CAF who are bombarded with opinions on how women are so immodest etc when we would rather spend time on, say, helping those who need help.I was making a general commentary on the was women dress in general. And no need to be sarcastic. Yes, I feel sorry for men regarding the issue of immodest dressing.![]()
We forgot the pizza!Oh boy this thread is quickly devolving into one of those threads again.
![]()
:tiphat:We forgot the pizza!
![]()
:tiphat:
I agree completely.Wear what you want to wear, your BF is being an over protective control freak.
Indeed, as a man, if I lust that’s on me not on the object of my lust.
If a man has problems controlling his thoughts – he needs to work on himself – instead of depending on someone else to do the work for him.
This is so silly!It’s not hard to imagine a man would have a problem in this immodest culture so if he is struggling with his thougths, he can only do so much until the next scantily clad woman walks by him. Everyone has that attitude “It’s all about me. I don’t care how my actions affect you.” We are told to not be “stumbling blocks” for other people and we will all be held responsible for our actions.
Back to OP, I wear capri workout pants and a t-shirt mostly.
Yes.This is so silly!
Some men like skin. Some men like the “mystery” under clothes. Some men like looking at breasts. Some men like looking at women’s necks.
There is no way to predict or guard against men’s proclivities.
The priest in this case is doing his job. You on the other hand seem to be confused.
As I said before, if a person is poor, just as much as the responsibility he has to get himself out of the state, we too have a responsibility to help him get out of that state.
What you are suggesting is that there is no such responsibility. That is an incorrect Catholic position and a quick look at writings by Church fathers throughout the centuries will confirm that.
All men and women are weak due to the effects of the fall. All of us need help in some way or the other. To abandon ones responsibility to help a fellow brother out, is not going to get anyone to heaven. In the case of dressing immodestly, the person is not only guilty of abandoning their responsibility to help a brother in Christ but also guilty of becoming a stumbling block.
So let us put aside our ideological views and first and foremost consistently with our prayers to our father “Do not lead us to temptation”. We would be condemned for this hypocrisy alone for asking God our father to lead us not to temptation while we careless lead our brothers to temptation.
That is all I will say on this matter.
Or as Tom Lehr put it in the song ‘Smut’ off his album ‘That Was the Year that Was’This is so silly!
Some men like skin. Some men like the “mystery” under clothes. Some men like looking at breasts. Some men like looking at women’s necks.
There is no way to predict or guard against men’s proclivities.
lol- That’s a great summation!Or as Tom Lehr put it in the song ‘Smut’ off his album ‘That Was the Year that Was’
All books can be indecent books
Though recent books are bolder,
For filth (I’m glad to say) is in
the mind of the beholder.
When correctly viewed,
Everything is lewd.
(I could tell you things about Peter Pan,
And the Wizard of Oz, there’s a dirty old man!)
So, if you’re letting other’s weaknesses or proclivities dictate your dress it’s going to be very hard. If you simply dress as is best/appropriate for the activity with no intention to elicit a prurient reaction I think you’ve done all you can.