Mormon general authority teaches God the Father is resurrected being

• Thread starter Thread starter AngelaMarie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AngelaMarie

(I posted this in another thread but thought it may be a good, stand alone topic to discuss
It’s one of the reason why some do not see Mormons as being Christian as their view of God is so radically different.)

Ok, this is the first time that I am aware of that a Mormon GA has declared that “Heavenly Father” is a resurrected being. Eyring is sustained as a prophet seer and revelator, is a member of the 1st presidency and said the following to the world wide Mormon membership during general conference

Henry B Eyring April 2018

“The Father and the Son are resurrected beings. The Holy Ghost is a person of spirit.”

I think it’s cool that people are reading conference talks and linking to the Restored Church of Jesus Christ’s pages.

Despite this big difference in theology, what did you think of the rest of the talk? It’s all about what it means to receive the Holy Spirit.

As far as I know they have always taught this… This is pretty much what their religion is based on. They are on their way to becoming gods…

I couldn’t get pass the idea that Mormons believe that God isn’t eternal, without beginning or end.

Last edited:
“The Father and the Son are resurrected beings. The Holy Ghost is a person of spirit.”
The concept of God the Father being a resurrected being is so against biblical teaching, I can’t imagine where it would come from.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth.

There is no mention of God being created, resurrected, or of God having any other former type of life other than just being God.

I wasn’t going to listen to or read a long speech by a LDS leader but his premise is wrong, there is no support for it in the Christian world and only the LDS will believe it. No Christian faith tradition will believe it or teach it.

I don’t know if I’ve ever read those exact words from any discussions I’ve ever had, but I was taught by the Mormons that God has a body of flesh and bones and is an exalted man, which, to me says the same thing. There’s also that famous Mormon couplet about as man now is, God once was and as God now is, man may become (something like that).

I think it’s cool that people are reading conference talks and linking to the Restored Church of Jesus Christ’s pages.
I like reading some of Brigham Young’s conference talks and discussing them with Mormons. Like Adam being God.

Jesus Christ’s church is not a restored church. It was never taken away.

Last edited:
(I posted this in another thread but thought it may be a good, stand alone topic to discuss
It’s one of the reason why some do not see Mormons as being Christian as their view of God is so radically different.)

Ok, this is the first time that I am aware of that a Mormon GA has declared that “Heavenly Father” is a resurrected being. Eyring is sustained as a prophet seer and revelator, is a member of the 1st presidency and said the following to the world wide Mormon membership during general conference

Henry B Eyring April 2018

Doctrine and Covenants* (130:22) states, “God is a glorified and perfected man, a personage of flesh and bones. Inside his tangible body is an eternal spirit.”
Clark, Messages of the First Presidency, 5:34 has:
“So far as the stages of eternal progression and attainment have been made known through divine revelation, we are to understand that only resurrected and glorified beings can become parents of spirit offspring. Only such exalted souls have reached maturity in the appointed course of eternal life; and the spirits born to them in the eternal worlds will pass in due sequence through the several stages or estates by which the glorified parents have attained exaltation.”

I couldn’t get pass the idea that Mormons believe that God isn’t eternal, without beginning or end.
You have a mistaken understanding of Latter-day Saint belief. Latter-day Saints believe that God and man are eternal, without beginning or end.

D&C 93:29 Man was also in the beginning with God.

I hope this helps…

Clark, Messages of the First Presidency, 5:34 has:
“So far as the stages of eternal progression and attainment have been made known through divine revelation, we are to understand that only resurrected and glorified beings can become parents of spirit offspring. Only such exalted souls have reached maturity in the appointed course of eternal life; and the spirits born to them in the eternal worlds will pass in due sequence through the several stages or estates by which the glorified parents have attained exaltation.”
It’s always great when pure light is shared on CAF. Please keep sharing!!

The concept of God the Father being a resurrected being is so against biblical teaching, I can’t imagine where it would come from.
John 5:19 Then Jesus answered, and said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you, the Son cannot do any thing of himself, but what he seeth the Father doing: for what things soever he doth, these the Son also doth in like manner.

John 10:17, 18 This is why the Father loves me, because I lay down my life in order to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down on my own. I have power to lay it down, and power to take it up again. This command I have received from my Father.

We see from these verses that Jesus only does those things He has seen The Father do. Therefore. if Jesus took up His own life, we can safely conclude that The Father did so at one point.

I hope this helps…

You have a mistaken understanding of Latter-day Saint belief. Latter-day Saints believe that God and man are eternal, without beginning or end.
How could that be if you believe that God the Father existed before Jesus Christ? If they are both eternal, how could one have existed before the other?

Last edited:
How could that be if you believe that God the Father existed before Jesus Christ? If they are both eternal, how could one have existed before the other?
Why do you think that Latter-day Saints believe that God the Father existed before Jesus Christ existed? I just quoted a scripture stating that we all existed in the beginning.

Why do you think that Latter-day Saints believe that God the Father existed before Jesus Christ existed? I just quoted a scripture stating that we all existed in the beginning.
From the encyclopedia of Mormonism under God the Father it says:

“The Father existed prior to the Son and the Holy Ghost and is the source of their divinity.”

You get so many things wrong about the Mormon church that it’s hard to even take you serious. I think I’d make a better Mormon than you.

From the encyclopedia of Mormonism under God the Father it says:

“The Father existed prior to the Son and the Holy Ghost and is the source of their divinity.”
While this statement could be misinterpreted as saying that the Son and Holy Ghost had a beginning of existence, it is most likely referring to Their role as Divine Beings. Please refer to the Encyclopedia of Mormonism entry on Intelligences to better understand the Latter-day Saint belief that we have always existed in some form.
You get so many things wrong about the Mormon church that it’s hard to even take you serious.
I’m very unserious.
I think I’d make a better Mormon than you.
I heartily agree!

Only God the Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, has a human nature and the Divine Nature in the unity of His Divine Person (c.f. Council of Chalcedon).

The Father does not have a human nature; therefore He is not “a resurrected being” (sic).

The Father does not “exist before the Son”. All Three Divine Persons exist from all eternity at the same time.

Last edited:
We see from these verses that Jesus only does those things He has seen The Father do. Therefore. if Jesus took up His own life, we can safely conclude that The Father did so at one point.
What utter nonsense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back