Morning paper in the Diocese of Rochester

• Thread starter Thread starter Binney
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Brad:
Fr. Antinarelli had tremendous words to say on the Friday in-between Terri Schiavo’s death and Pope John Paul II’s death. I am writing him a letter of thanks this weekend. He said that the Pope demonstrated exactly how to follow Christ to the cross throughout all of life (especially in his last years and days) and was the diametric opposite of the throw-away society that we have established, most demonstrative in throwing away Terri Schiavo because she “lost” her beauty and value. He said the cross was the only way to salvation. He also said that Greer would have to answer to God. I was somewhat floored to hear this from a Rochester priest and this was the only time I heard a priest in a homily that I attended mention Schiavo. Thank God.
Yes - I was there to hear them all. Almost daily he amazes me, in a good way. If only we could tape some of these short sermons. They tend to be short on weekdays, so I wonder how his weekend homilies are - given he has more time to expound.

Sometimes on a weekday, he will pass on saying a homily, and I feel kind of cheated because I look forward to them.

40.png
Brad:
Fr. Antinarelli had tremendous words to say on the Friday in-between Terri Schiavo’s death and Pope John Paul II’s death. I am writing him a letter of thanks this weekend. He said that the Pope demonstrated exactly how to follow Christ to the cross throughout all of life (especially in his last years and days) and was the diametric opposite of the throw-away society that we have established, most demonstrative in throwing away Terri Schiavo because she “lost” her beauty and value. He said the cross was the only way to salvation. He also said that Greer would have to answer to God. I was somewhat floored to hear this from a Rochester priest and this was the only time I heard a priest in a homily that I attended mention Schiavo. Thank God.
I was probably sitting next to you absorbing Fr.'s wisdom! 🙂

40.png
Brad:
Brad, are you a Rochesterian?

40.png
jrabs:
I was probably sitting next to you absorbing Fr.'s wisdom! 🙂

Excellent! I can’t get there too often but I’m going to try to make the effort to be there more. My letter is in the mail.

40.png
fix:
Brad, are you a Rochesterian?

I live in the Buffalo area but I work most week days in the Rochester area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back