MOVIES: Religulous - Bill Maher

  • Thread starter Thread starter I_thirst_4_YOU
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a barrel of laughs (not). Hope it tanks at the box office. Who would even back this stuff? Since he’s attacking all religions, should get a fair amount of backlash…
 
Maher is known for proLeftist, inaccurate reporting. The devil has such people blinded, and they fall right into satan’s traps. Please pray Maher and others will have their eyes opened.
 
I find him an angry bitter man who has little respect for anything…sad and he needs prayer.
 
Maher is known for proLeftist, inaccurate reporting. The devil has such people blinded, and they fall right into satan’s traps. Please pray Maher and others will have their eyes opened.
He’s not a reporter, he’s a commentator and a comedian, and there is no requirement to be neutral therefore.

From what I understand this movie is about the ridiculousness at the fringes of religion. Like the guys who are into S&M and too staightlaced to be involved in it so they do mock crucifixions of themselves or the extremes of scientology which begins to sound like a sci-fi book or the extreme Orthodox Jews who deal with modernity in a strange way and wind up just shy of bizarre. Right now, the blogging world is awash in discussions of a witch hunt–no literally, a witch hunt in Kenya. It is loosely associated with Christianity and, I would argue from my own knowledge of Christians and Christianity, that is on the fringe.
 
The obvous problem with such a movie is that there will always be the gullible who will be misled. There will be bigots just looking for a chance to ‘paint’ all Christians with the same broad brush. There will be those led away from the truth because in their ignorance they believed all Christians are like ‘the fringe.’ And people like Maher will be certain to not mention that he is not referring to ‘the fringe’ to mislead the gullible and/or bigots. Doesn’t sound like the Lord’s influence, does it? So who do you think is behind the agenda of this movie, hmmmm??
 
ALL Scientology is based on very crude, third rate science fiction.

My understanding is that this film attacks the very idea of belief, in much the same way as writers like Hitchens and Dwokins [sp?].

I see Maher as just another hate monger, like Michael Savage. George Carlin wasn’t much better, either.

People who live to drag others down exhaust me.
 
Churchlady? Is that you?
No, I am not ‘Churchlady.’ I am new to the forum, but very thankful I found it!
Before I go back to my busy workweek (being wife, mom, homeschool teacher, taking an online class and having fibromyalgia!) here’s a prayer:

Dear Lord,
We ask you to gently lead your lost sheep back home to You. Remove the hatred and darkness from their eyes and enlighten them with full Truth that we may all be one in You. Heal them of their bias and worldly views. Let them know this world does not have answers and will pass away, but Your ways are eternal, and if we follow You, we shall be eternally happy.May all put aside the deception they have embraced and see others as Your children who should be respected. Let them know we are all made in the image of You. Banish satan from all lives. We ask this in Your Name, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Have a blessed week, everyone!
 
He’s not a reporter, he’s a commentator and a comedian, and there is no requirement to be neutral therefore.

From what I understand this movie is about the ridiculousness at the fringes of religion. Like the guys who are into S&M and too staightlaced to be involved in it so they do mock crucifixions of themselves or the extremes of scientology which begins to sound like a sci-fi book or the extreme Orthodox Jews who deal with modernity in a strange way and wind up just shy of bizarre. Right now, the blogging world is awash in discussions of a witch hunt–no literally, a witch hunt in Kenya. It is loosely associated with Christianity and, I would argue from my own knowledge of Christians and Christianity, that is on the fringe.
We do need to remember that the gullible do look at people like Maher as a type of ‘reporter.’ This is a tool satan uses against Christians and others of good faith.
 
Bill Maher is a failed actor and a failed comedian. He now hosts an HBO show designed specifically to function as a forum for Maher to spew his lies, hatred, and ignorance.

A “documentary” like this one by Maher is not as harmless as some people want to think. Maher will purposely concentrate on the most outrageous, fringe worshipers with the intent of insinuating that they are mainstream. This is how people like Maher spread their lies and hatred.

It might seem like Maher is mocking the “kooks” of the world, but his real intention is to make people believe that all religious people are “kooks” and that is why religion is so ridiculous in his eyes.

The fact that Maher will never have a fair debate with a balanced panel, on any subject, reveals the inherent cowardice of Maher, his stacked liberal panel, his minions (studio audience), and HBO.
 
Maher is clearly confused and has sold out on his conscience. Time for the Divine Physician! Let’s pray the Holy Spirit comes upon him and he turn from his prejudice and hatred.
 
Im looking forward to the film. it seems to poke fun at some of the more literal interpretations of faith rather than at all religions. There are some crazy believers out there.

Look at the way that Scientology makes a mockery of Science, some fringe cults make a mockery out of catholicism…don’t you agree?
 
Im looking forward to the film. it seems to poke fun at some of the more literal interpretations of faith rather than at all religions. There are some crazy believers out there.

Look at the way that Scientology makes a mockery of Science, some fringe cults make a mockery out of catholicism…don’t you agree?
Well, here’s the problem: There is already much ignorance and hatred towards Christians (specifically Catholics) in general. I highly recommend sincere Catholics tjoin The Catholic League. You would not believe the utter hatred directed towards our Church! You wouldn’t believe people could be so hateful. The C.League gets threats from some very sick people probably on a daily basis. This sort of movie (Maher’s) just feeds the prejudice and ignorance that is out there. Would Our Lord approve of having the Church–His Church mocked or belittled? What do you think He thinks of Maher and others who have such blind hatred and bigotry? Would satan appreciate such a movie? Would it lead bigots deeper into their sickness? We all know the answer to these questions.
Again, to combat the prejudice, I prayerfully urge anyone who loves Our Lord to defend Him and His Church by joining the Catholic League. I’ve belonged since the '80s. Just love that ‘gutsy’ organization–truly soldiers on the front line for the Lord!
 
yes, bill maher is very hateful when it comes to religion. all religions.

i have seen the trailer to this movie.

typical bill maher schtick.

i guess he is wanting to follow in the footsteps of michael moore.
 
Would Our Lord approve of having the Church–His Church mocked or belittled? What do you think He thinks of Maher and others who have such blind hatred and bigotry? Would satan appreciate such a movie? Would it lead bigots deeper into their sickness? We all know the answer to these questions.
Again, to combat the prejudice, I prayerfully urge anyone who loves Our Lord to defend Him and His Church by joining the Catholic League. I’ve belonged since the '80s. Just love that ‘gutsy’ organization–truly soldiers on the front line for the Lord!
Well Im guessing that Jesus would say ‘turn the other cheek’ invite Mahar in and cook tea for him. Thus showing Mahar the error of his ways. I think the last thing that Jesus would want is to form an ‘army of soldiers on the front line’ that sounds like exactly what satan would do as it would add yet more fuel to the fire and justify Mahar viewpoint.
 
Well Im guessing that Jesus would say ‘turn the other cheek’ invite Mahar in and cook tea for him. Thus showing Mahar the error of his ways. I think the last thing that Jesus would want is to form an ‘army of soldiers on the front line’ that sounds like exactly what satan would do as it would add yet more fuel to the fire and justify Mahar viewpoint.
With all due respect…
That’s baloney. Jesus is not a weak “anything goes” liberal-like wimp. He’s the King of the Universe and wants to save sinners from hell. FYI (if you are Catholic) we on earth are known as the Church militant. I hope you’re not so brainwashed by the Left that you cannot comprehend the idea that sometimes war (figuratively or not) is justified and necessary. If you indeed believe the Left, perhaps it would be wise to get off the computer and study past history where wars were fought to save the rights of others. I’m sick of the nonsense spewed by the Left whose leaders clearly want us to surrender all our rights and property and bow to them as little’gods.’ They’ll take over your life in a heartbeat and you’ll wonder why you didn’t see it coming. So much like Hitler it’s scary. And the media will just keep on inventing polls to sway uncertain voters to the Left. If Obama gets elected and you slowly lose rights, tand our enemies are all over our backyards, don’t say you weren’t warned. Obama can “talk” to the terrorists much like your ‘tea’ idea, but it’ll only set our country up as a sitting duck. Forums by Christians such as this will not even be allowed after a while.I hope you’re not so naive you believe the Left’s constant stream of propaganda.It will only cost you your future freedom. After all that…Maher is just one more Leftist determined to attack religious freedoms. You don’t honestly think sitting down and discussing issues with such bigots would work, do you???
 
I am from the other side of the world and the first time I saw Bill Maher on Larry King I rather liked him because he is intelligent and a lateral thinker - he was original and different.

Then the next time I saw him I realised exactly how he hates the Church and what a heretic he is. I stopped watching him. I also began to shy away from Larry King because he is not at all selective. He will interview anyone and anything.

I do watch King from time to time but** I **am the one who is being selective.

I do think it is an excellent idea to pray for Maher.

:gopray2: :crossrc: :byzsoc: :signofcross: :gopray: :angel1: :highprayer:
 
I am from the other side of the world and the first time I saw Bill Maher on Larry King I rather liked him because he is intelligent and a lateral thinker - he was original and different.

Then the next time I saw him I realised exactly how he hates the Church and what a heretic he is. I stopped watching him. I also began to shy away from Larry King because he is not at all selective. He will interview anyone and anything.

I do watch King from time to time but** I **am the one who is being selective.

I do think it is an excellent idea to pray for Maher.

:gopray2: :crossrc: :byzsoc: :signofcross: :gopray: :angel1: :highprayer:
Cinette: You make excellent points. You are so smart to see beyond the clever words and find the REAL person. That’s the problem: Too many people are swayed by people like Maher, and Left-wing politicians quickly follow. That’s why I learned long ago that any smooth talker who at first seems to be well-educated, but later turns out to be against the Church is a very lost, confused soul.If you look at a politilcian who proclaims to be for average Americans and 'the little guy" but is proabortion–well, we all know not to trust such a person as he has already sold his soul…and if such a person would be elected, he’ll soon sell out on the very people who elected Him.
I’m thankful we in the Church are guided, therefore, on voting issues, abortion being #1. If a leader won’t speak up for the defenseless, it’s a sure bet he won’t defend us or our rights, either.
 
Cinette: You make excellent points. You are so smart to see beyond the clever words and find the REAL person. That’s the problem: Too many people are swayed by people like Maher, and Left-wing politicians quickly follow. That’s why I learned long ago that any smooth talker who at first seems to be well-educated, but later turns out to be against the Church is a very lost, confused soul.If you look at a politilcian who proclaims to be for average Americans and 'the little guy" but is proabortion–well, we all know not to trust such a person as he has already sold his soul…and if such a person would be elected, he’ll soon sell out on the very people who elected Him.
I’m thankful we in the Church are guided, therefore, on voting issues, abortion being #1. If a leader won’t speak up for the defenseless, it’s a sure bet he won’t defend us or our rights, either.
Furthermore I would like to add that I could not bear to watch Maher’s movie. Forget about boycotting - I could not bring myself to watch it. period.:eek:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top