T
TOBaddict
Guest
I left my emotionally and now physically abusive parents, but now I need to return for my things. I tried to get my parents to work on our relationship, but they are mentally-ill narcissists who see me as utilitarian property and will not compromise. They believe they are perfect parents and I am 100% the problem (eternal scapegoat). When I attempt to set a boundary, they say I am being cruel and “they don’t know what happened to me,” “may God watch over me” etc because I am so “mean”. I’ve showed my priest and therapist our text exchanges and they both say I am being more than fair, and that I need to walk away from the relationship. There is no forseeable solution for our relationship because they refuse to make any changes to our relationship. I realized that I am putting in 200% to the relationship and when I step being a doormat, we have no relationship. The only thing connecting us is biology and money because they don’t even respect me- and those are not good enough reasons to continue to be abused. My parents also roped in the rest of the family into their side by twisting what I say and they can’t understand why I’d want to leave “parents who have given me everything.” They have no idea of the whole story. But, I am returning home some time this week or next week- with a police escort- to gather my belongings.
I pray that:
-My parents will let me in the house peacefully and the police won’t have to step in
-They will freely allow me to gather my things and not argue over “I gave you that- it’s mine!”
-Money my parents took will be returned
-My anxiety disorder does not get the better of me, and I can be strong enough to face them again
-I stay focused and don’t get greedy, sentimental, or caught up in the family heirlooms, just collect essentials, documents, and things with true meaning.
-They even still have my things and didn’t throw them away. My mom did say she was giving my things away.
-My parents and I may one day be reconciled. That they may be healed from their anger over their own childhoods.
-The events are not twisted and passed on
-I can maintain a relationship with the rest of my family, especially grandparents
-Grant all of us peace
I pray that:
-My parents will let me in the house peacefully and the police won’t have to step in
-They will freely allow me to gather my things and not argue over “I gave you that- it’s mine!”
-Money my parents took will be returned
-My anxiety disorder does not get the better of me, and I can be strong enough to face them again
-I stay focused and don’t get greedy, sentimental, or caught up in the family heirlooms, just collect essentials, documents, and things with true meaning.
-They even still have my things and didn’t throw them away. My mom did say she was giving my things away.
-My parents and I may one day be reconciled. That they may be healed from their anger over their own childhoods.
-The events are not twisted and passed on
-I can maintain a relationship with the rest of my family, especially grandparents
-Grant all of us peace

