E
ExGratia
Guest
I was curious as to why so many people seem to postpone having children after getting married and I came across this article:
I came across this article:
lifeissues.net/writers/zim/zim_159newlywedsnfp.html
It advocates all newlyweds using NFP for the first few months to a year. I am soon to be married and my fiance and I discussed NFP early in our engagement. These are the conclusions we came to:
-The right thing to do seemed (and still seems) to be to let God take the reins when it comes to our fertility.
Here is the quote in question:
“I would like to advocate that newly married couples should be informed, or even advised, or challenged, to use NFP during some months or perhaps a year, before using the fertile time to allow the children to arrive. If this practice can be called licit from the moral point of view, and advisable from other aspects, then it may be a very practical goal for the Church apostolate of natural family planning.”
I came across this article:
lifeissues.net/writers/zim/zim_159newlywedsnfp.html
It advocates all newlyweds using NFP for the first few months to a year. I am soon to be married and my fiance and I discussed NFP early in our engagement. These are the conclusions we came to:
-The right thing to do seemed (and still seems) to be to let God take the reins when it comes to our fertility.
- NFP seems to be a responsible way to space children should a serious need arise.
Since we have no kids, we would not be “spacing”. If we couldn’t be open to kids then we shouldn’t be getting married right now. We do not seem to have any licit reason to postpone being open to life.
-We are aware that NFP can be used to help conceive, but since we will be newlyweds we see no reason to have the added stress of actually “trying” to conceive. I’m also pretty aware of my cycles and even my doctor advised to just relax and not chart right away.
We are both really looking forward to uniting and to the possibility of procreating. We imagine ourselves as parents within a year of marriage. We are actually hopeful that we can be open to as many children as God sees fit to bless us with. Of course, we know we cannot see the future and know that situations could arise in the future which would make NFP necessary and we understand that possibilty.
-We are not super young and it seems almost irresponsible to postpone having children when you don’t really know how fertile you may or may not be (we are late 20s and 30).
Here is the quote in question:
“I would like to advocate that newly married couples should be informed, or even advised, or challenged, to use NFP during some months or perhaps a year, before using the fertile time to allow the children to arrive. If this practice can be called licit from the moral point of view, and advisable from other aspects, then it may be a very practical goal for the Church apostolate of natural family planning.”