D
dulcissima
Guest
And Augusta, sometimes nothing puts you in the mood like actually having sex. And the lots of practice thing is good. It sounds like you both need to be willing to be vulnerable.
LOL. More like THE BEST HOCKEY TEAM IN THE WORLD. You are just jealous your college’s hockey team is a joke.There’s some half rate hockey team coming to town this weekend that you might want to watch. Might be a good time to just hang out and watch the game on tv. If not I’ll take your husband out drinking.
That’s why I wanted to highlight this: it’s ONLY been a month, Augusta ! What is a month compared to the 2 whole years you’ve been apart ?! Its taking time is perfectly normal, so, yes, as… ??? (I forgot whoActually, throughout both discussions, a few people have said things from which the logical conclusion is: I do not love him. I thought that I would start to feel love if I acted lovingly, but after a month the only feeling I feel is shame for pretending to be something I am not.
Augusta… he’s a man. Here again I fully understand you. I’ve needed soooo much time to accept that DH wouldn’t guess what I needed, that he would’nt take hints (because he’s a man), but that he neededHe’s very much a “caretaker” in our relationship. He deals with the finances (even after the divorce!) and is always available when I need someone to talk to or spend time with. I do feel very alone in my quest to restore love in our relationship, but I don’t know what to ask from him and** I know he’s not going to change his behavior without any suggestions from me. I do think that, if I could give him a CONCRETE CHECKLIST, he would be a more active participant, but it’s my job to do all of the legwork. **
I second this one, too ! Enjoy time together ! Go walking, bowling, to the movies, visit expositions, museums, go to the theater, the opera, do things you’ve never done !First: SO true. Second: LOL.
GoBison: I agree that the “failed relationship” talk is always on the tip of our tongues. It’d be good to do some activities where we could just have fun. We’ve started going to dinner and movies together again, and those are always good nights. I hate to say it, but maybe we need to deplete the bottles of wine gathering dust on the wine rack and just see where things go.![]()
*Men have emotional needs also…they can get hurt too.Augusta, have you offered to let him read this or your previous thread? It seems you open up more with the online community that with him. It may be a good way for him to see it from your perspective. I would suggest you be as open with him as you are with this online forum.
As for him, there comes a point when he need to shake off the hurt and get back in the saddle. He’s a man and needs to act like it. To be fair, he may not have had great role models. But it seems to me like he needs to use some of his God-given testosterone and take the lead here.
I didn’t say he couldn’t get hurt. What I said was at some point he needs to pick himself up, shake the dust off, and start taking some initiative to win and woo his wife. She has let him know that she is open and available to him, and at this point, he needs to be a man and be willing to be hurt again and try to win her back. She has let him know in blunt terms that he will not be rejected. Now’s the time for the young man to find his inner John Wayne.*Men have emotional needs also…they can get hurt too.It’s not ‘‘unmanly’’ for Augusta’s husband to be a little skittish right now…I agree that if he wants it to work, he needs to step up, but it seems like he has been, at least from my vantage point here. It sounds like he is very patient and willing to make things work, but he has been hurt, and he is right to have concerns and feel a little guarded. I don’t blame him for that, but if Augusta and he wish to make things work, yes it will take two.
I agree with Mt Dwellar’s comments to you, Augusta–and Liberano’s suggestions. I might be hesitant to show your husband some of these comments, because there is an implication of needing alcohol in order to have sex with him… Wine definitely helps us to relax, but reading it from his vantage point, he might take that in the wrong way.
Again, you and he are in my prayers…I hope you both can reconcile.*
*But, he didn’t leave her. She left him, and he has been willing to make it work, seeing that she wants to revive the marriage. If he walked out on her, yes, then he’d have to ‘‘woo’’ her. But, he does have to let his guard down a bit, because if it remains up, then it won’t work, that is something I agree with…but I don’t see how he needs to prove his love for her, he didn’t leave, and he seems willing to work on their marriage to get it back. The proof of his love is that he never stopped loving her, and seems willing to work on things with Augusta.I didn’t say he couldn’t get hurt. What I said was at some point he needs to pick himself up, shake the dust off, and start taking some initiative to win and woo his wife. She has let him know that she is open and available to him, and at this point, he needs to be a man and be willing to be hurt again and try to win her back. She has let him know in blunt terms that he will not be rejected. Now’s the time for the young man to find his inner John Wayne.
Honesty in a relationship is key. But full disclosure of every thought that passes through my mind is not healthy. Sometimes that level of disclosure is unnecessary and plants seeds of doubt that are more harmful than remaining a little under-informed.
An example: the first time we attended church with his family, his mother made a comment to her daughter about how inappropriate it was that he and I held hands during mass, the daughter repeated the comment to Dan, who repeated it to me. Now I cannot attend mass with them without feeling constantly insecure about her passing judgment on me. It was open/honest of him to share his mother’s comment with me, but I really wish he had kept it to himself.
Sharing this forum with him would open him up to a lot of unnecessary hurt. Does he need to know that my sex with the other man was incredible? Does he need to see the suggestions that we use “alcohol lubrication” to loosen up a little? (Though, I don’t see it as “get drunk and screw,” I see it as deciding (soberly) that we’re ready for sex, but “medicating” with a moderate amount of alcohol to take the edge off.)
“He’s a man and needs to act like it.” Men are not invincible and, the pain and rejection that I have put him through, I don’t think he’s being unmanly. If a guy gets kicked in the groin, it’s not unmanly for him to protect his groin from future kicks.![]()
LOL, yes–but that’s what I came here for!*But, he didn’t leave her. She left him, and he has been willing to make it work, seeing that she wants to revive the marriage. If he walked out on her, yes, then he’d have to ‘‘woo’’ her. But, he does have to let his guard down a bit, because if it remains up, then it won’t work, that is something I agree with…but I don’t see how he needs to prove his love for her, he didn’t leave, and he seems willing to work on their marriage to get it back. The proof of his love is that he never stopped loving her, and seems willing to work on things with Augusta.
Ever feel Augusta like you’re standing in a room of people who are talking in and around you, ABOUT you? :ehh:*
So you hurt him before and he is unsure of what is going to happen in the future. Does anyone know what is going to happen tomorrow? Deep down you want him to act like a man and quit the poor me you hurt me in the past. Yeah he wants reassuarance that you won’t do it again. You can’t truthfully tell him that and even if you did he probably wouldn’t believe you.“He’s a man and needs to act like it.” Men are not invincible and, the pain and rejection that I have put him through, I don’t think he’s being unmanly. If a guy gets kicked in the groin, it’s not unmanly for him to protect his groin from future kicks.
I do agree hereHonesty in a relationship is key. But full disclosure of every thought that passes through my mind is not healthy. Sometimes that level of disclosure is unnecessary and plants seeds of doubt that are more harmful than remaining a little under-informed.
An example: the first time we attended church with his family, his mother made a comment to her daughter about how inappropriate it was that he and I held hands during mass .
Yes, now I do. I always knew it was harmful in some way, but reading Holy Sex! helped me understand the specifics (not just morally/emotionally but the actual chemical reactions that happened/didn’t happen.) I wish that I had read Holy Sex! as a teenager (in fact, there are pages that I will have my children read when we do the “sex talk.”)Do you recognize why premarital sex is wrong in the first place?