My Journey Has Ended

• Thread starter Thread starter TheBomb.Com
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheBomb.Com, I’ve known you for quite sometime, and I know deep inside me that you are a very good person. I respect your decision. I also know for sure that GOD will lead you back to the right path. GOD bless you, my brother! Rest assured, I’ll continue to pray for you. ✝️ 🕊️ 🙏 😇 🙏 🕊️ ✝️

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Last edited:
It’s sad because the RCC felt like home. It’s become a part of who I am to put it simply.

Why are you done with Catholicism? what would it take to bring you back?

My conclusion was that the Anglican communion does have apostolic succession, and is therefore a member of the true church.

But were you a RC before? even if they did have apostolic succession they wouldn’t be in communion with the church. Kinda like the Eastern Orthodox.

my point is just thinking that they have apostolic succession doesn’t lead us to the main conclusion. Why did you leave the Catholic Church? if that’s the case at all?

Last edited:
I’m afraid that my reasons for not going ahead with conversion to the RCC will sound selfish. Just private message me if you need to know.

My understanding would be that King Henry VIII did not succeed in getting his marriage annulled within the Catholic Church so he seceded from the Catholic Church and apostolic succession was broken. King Henry the VIII made his own church, that was separate and independent from the Catholic church that the church in England had been a part of previously.

Secession - Act of withdrawing from an organization (political, ecclesiastic or otherwise)

• Feeling betrayed that homeschooling 10 kids and attending Latin Mass still resulted in 2 atheist kids, making them feel their prayers were empty. (Hey, their kids aren’t dead, the race isn’t finished, but I understand how let down a person could feel)
  • Feeling that the sacraments don’t do what they say they do because they don’t think they see people growing in holiness. (Which we don’t necessarily get to see. It can still be happening)
  • The way they see Catholics and Christians behaving unlovingly. (Dude, yes its horrible out there. Doesn’t make me leave but it can be someone’s last straw)
Hmm… so:
  • People are free to make their own decisions, and sometimes, they’re bad decisions.
  • Sacraments aren’t magic.
  • People can be unkind.
Those are reasons to leave the Church? 🤔

(On the other hand, the “God doesn’t hear my prayers” thing is huge, for many people! That comes from a misunderstanding of what ‘prayer’ is (and isn’t!). For whatever reason, many tend to think that prayer is “God, change your mind!” when really it’s “God, change my heart!”…)
Sounds like they are debating leaving Christianity too?? How do you go from as Catholic as they were (as per their own admission) to potentially atheist that quickly?
Not uncommon. When you believe something that isn’t true (or something which you’ve misunderstood), and are disappointed by it, the common response isn’t “did my understanding let me down?”, but rather “it’s not me, it’s that thing that’s wrong and bad and harmful!”.

See ‘Bart Ehrman’ or ‘Reza Azlan’ for good examples of this dynamic.

It is interesting the things people leave the church over. It is shocking when the teaching is that there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church yet folks leave. It also shocking how many Catholics reject parts of the faith. However, Saint Thomas Aquinas said that if you reject one dogma, you reject them all.

The OP seems to indicate that he was never Catholic and never went through with converting. I don’t understand how one can consider it leaving in this instance.

It is shocking when the teaching is that there is no salvation outside the Catholic Church yet folks leave
Why is that shocking? Presumably when people leave, it’s because they no longer believe the teachings of the Church.

Why is that shocking? Presumably when people leave, it’s because they no longer believe the teachings of the Church.
Well I mean more in line with leaving because of scandals in church. They may even believe in all teachings, yet are disturbed by scandal and they leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back