S
shannyk
Guest
I can’t believe this.
I called my sister yesterday to talk to my nephew and wish him happy birthday, he turned 4 yesterday.
After I talked briefly with him I talked to my sister. We are not very close, but we enjoy talking when we do, so we talked for awhile. During this conversation I said to her I noticed she sounded tired and asked if she was sick.
Her response was something I was unprepared for. She said,
“No, I’m not sick, I had an abortion on Friday and I’m still recovering.”
Silence on the phone.
Me, “what? you’re kidding I hope. I know you’re kidding”.
Her “no, I’m not kidding. There was no way we could afford another child right now” ( we is her and her long time BF with whom she has a son).
Silence.
More silence.
Me, “I don’t know what to say. I can’t wrap my head around why you would do this.”
Her, “well I told you why.”
Me, “ok, I don’t think I can talk to you right now.”
Her, “ok, well, ttyl then”
Click.
I was up all night thinking and praying about this. I don’t understand.
This is the second abortion she’s had that I know of. The other was when she was a teenager, and living with my dad who is very very very pro-choice. I’m quite sure he convinced her to have it. That gets me wondering if my dad knows about this…I’d bet he does. How pathetic.
What makes me even more angry is her ‘reason’. Can’t afford? She and her BF have both for some odd reason chosen not to get jobs (her BF has NEVER held a job since they have been together) and just resell things on ebay and live in my dad’s house rent free, and get food stamps. They are both able bodied young people, 30 yrs old. My sister was the breadwinner until my nephew turned 2 and she wanted to stay home with him. She made a very good living and could easily go back to what she was doing. Her deadbeat fiance doesn’t seem to think earning a living is his responsibility at all and is content to live off of my sisters credit cards, my dad’s ‘generosity’ and public assistance. THERE IS NO REASON that one of them can’t get a JOB. But they didn’t even attempt to, to afford this child. I’m just sickened.
I don’t know what else to say or think right now…please pray for my sister and her baby, her now sibling-less son , and our whole family especially for me, that I deal with this as appropriately as possible. I don’t know how to do that right now.
I called my sister yesterday to talk to my nephew and wish him happy birthday, he turned 4 yesterday.
After I talked briefly with him I talked to my sister. We are not very close, but we enjoy talking when we do, so we talked for awhile. During this conversation I said to her I noticed she sounded tired and asked if she was sick.
Her response was something I was unprepared for. She said,
“No, I’m not sick, I had an abortion on Friday and I’m still recovering.”
Silence on the phone.
Me, “what? you’re kidding I hope. I know you’re kidding”.
Her “no, I’m not kidding. There was no way we could afford another child right now” ( we is her and her long time BF with whom she has a son).
Silence.
More silence.
Me, “I don’t know what to say. I can’t wrap my head around why you would do this.”
Her, “well I told you why.”
Me, “ok, I don’t think I can talk to you right now.”
Her, “ok, well, ttyl then”
Click.
I was up all night thinking and praying about this. I don’t understand.
This is the second abortion she’s had that I know of. The other was when she was a teenager, and living with my dad who is very very very pro-choice. I’m quite sure he convinced her to have it. That gets me wondering if my dad knows about this…I’d bet he does. How pathetic.
What makes me even more angry is her ‘reason’. Can’t afford? She and her BF have both for some odd reason chosen not to get jobs (her BF has NEVER held a job since they have been together) and just resell things on ebay and live in my dad’s house rent free, and get food stamps. They are both able bodied young people, 30 yrs old. My sister was the breadwinner until my nephew turned 2 and she wanted to stay home with him. She made a very good living and could easily go back to what she was doing. Her deadbeat fiance doesn’t seem to think earning a living is his responsibility at all and is content to live off of my sisters credit cards, my dad’s ‘generosity’ and public assistance. THERE IS NO REASON that one of them can’t get a JOB. But they didn’t even attempt to, to afford this child. I’m just sickened.
I don’t know what else to say or think right now…please pray for my sister and her baby, her now sibling-less son , and our whole family especially for me, that I deal with this as appropriately as possible. I don’t know how to do that right now.
