T
tuscany
Guest
Leap of Faith,
Continued prayers for you and your family. :console:
Continued prayers for you and your family. :console:
Unfortunately, it’s true. Some women would do this**Faithfully and TheRealJuliane,
Yes, you are absolutely right, what WAS I thinking ? No woman has EVER stayed in a marriage one extra year just to get something.
She is the one that told him she stopped loving him a year ago, and said she deliberately waited another year, until their ten year anniversary (her words), to tell him. **
I wasn’t doubting you, just recognizing that if the OP’s wife had that in mind, she’s planning on something that ain’t gonna happen.**Faithfully and TheRealJuliane,
Yes, you are absolutely right, what WAS I thinking ? No woman has EVER stayed in a marriage one extra year just to get something.
She is the one that told him she stopped loving him a year ago, and said she deliberately waited another year, until their ten year anniversary (her words), to tell him. **
Plenty of PEOPLE, not just women, do things that are for their own gain.**Faithfully and TheRealJuliane,
Yes, you are absolutely right, what WAS I thinking ? No woman has EVER stayed in a marriage one extra year just to get something.
She is the one that told him she stopped loving him a year ago, and said she deliberately waited another year, until their ten year anniversary (her words), to tell him. **
It is sad to see the children suffering. Does you wife see how it is affecting the children? If she is not willing to change for you, maybe she will change for the little ones.Hello Serap,
I am starting to feel the same way, but it is still so raw a feeling. I will do everything I can to guide her back to the right path for our family and her soul, and will never give up in the power of prayer.
My oldest boy (only 8 years old) told me last night that he feels I’m lonely and this makes him sad. He says he sees his Mom sleeping on the couch for the past 6 weeks, I told him it is because I snore and Mom can’t sleep but he doesn’t believe me. Kids aren’t blind, they know something is really wrong. My two year old prays “for Mommy and Daddy” every night. This breaks my heart but God loves the prayers of little children.
Her selfish actions are causing so much pain, not just for me but the pain she is inflicting on our four beautiful innocent little children. Why must the children suffer for parents selfishness?
I pray and feel the Blessed Mother will help us through this trial-some time and lead her heart and soul back home.
May God Bless you and your family always!
She sounds like an adolescent. Most of those things are like a little teenager saying, “You do this” and “You do that,” and “You don’t let me do whatever I want.” What a shame that a married woman with children would end up acting like a bratty teenager.Hello,
Thank you for your thoughts. To help clear things up a bit, I don’t make much money but my wife & kids and I get along alright and still enjoy some of life’s perks. I don’t feel this is about money but rather she wants to be free of the responsibilities of being tied down. I believe her single (and divorced) friends are influencing her, and she admits that she feels she missed out on life and got married too young.
Looking over her Facebook page and the family camera, I’ve noticed she has cut me out of our family events for the past year, deliberately taking pictures of everyone else (her and her family) and not any with me. It’s as if I was never there, and is a lot of cases I wasn’t because I didn’t even know about the event to be included. Her family birthday parties with my kids I wasn’t even invited to (when I was out of town working). Hundreds of pictures of her outings till the early hours while the kids are at the In-Laws show her with no Ring and with lots of guys and girls drinking (she tells me she doesn’t drink). These pictures are showing me a side of my wife I knew nothing about.
To give a better understanding of our situation; first of all, none of the reasons she has told me have anything to do with her, and we have discussed all of them.
#1, (the biggest) she found some inappropriate pictures on the computer (sexy and some nude photos - not porn). I take full responsibility for my actions, have gone to confession and repented for my sins. I have made a firm resolution to never do this again; not only for my soul but also because of the devastating effect this can have on a marriage. I told my wife I am very sorry for the way this made her feel, and solemnly promised not to do it again.
#2, she feels I am jealous and controlling. Most of this is stemmed from her late night outings with guys and girls drinking. I don’t know any of these people (single guys) and am not allowed to go with her and get to know any of them. She continually lies about who, what, where and when, and will only admit she lied if she gets caught, and then it’s followed with lots of excuses.
#3,** she doesn’t like the tone of my voice when I get angry with her for lying.**
#4,** she feels I am grumpy and overreact when the kids misbehave.** I agree with this to an extent and have changed the way I talk to them. Changing my demeanor has increased my relationship with my kids, it is truly wonderful and they love their Dad.
#5, she feels I am obsessed with money. Strange, we have less than $5K in the bank; it’s hard to be obsessed with that!
#6, she feels I play too rough with our kids. The strange part, they continually beg me to wrestle with them and for the most part, I am just a beating bag for them.
#7, she feels we don’t have any common interests in life. She likes the night life and I like family life. I like to plan for the future and **she wants to live life to the fullest right now and not think of the future (her words – about money).
**
#8, she feels she should not have to answer to me (or anyone) for what she is doing, where she is going (or with who), and what time she’ll be coming home. I should just trust her! (Again, her words).
After speaking with several Priests’, family members and friends, the consensus is they all feel that I am beating myself up over these issues (which I have corrected and implemented in my daily life for the past six weeks) and they feel I have self-esteem issues, not wanting to let my wife take the blame for this selfish decision she is making.
I still have faith that she will come to her senses before she destroys everything left to rebuild, but I think it may be time to stop blaming myself. We start Retrouvaille this Friday and I have to believe that God will give us the graces necessary to help us make this work.
Anyone have anything helpful to add now knowing the whole story? Is this repairable?
May God Bless you and your families always!
Not saying this is the case with the OP but I have noticed that some woman with very controlling husbands eventually start acting like teenagers.She sounds like an adolescent. Most of those things are like a little teenager saying, “You do this” and “You do that,” and “You don’t let me do whatever I want.” What a shame that a married woman with children would end up acting like a bratty teenager.
Good point. I do this too.Not saying this is the case with the OP but I have noticed that some woman with very controlling husbands eventually start acting like teenagers.
Unfortunately, myself included. I am treated like a child and revert to some of my teenage behavior. Not right and I try to stop it when I notice it.