Need prayer to kick a habit

  • Thread starter Thread starter ericka1701
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
prayers for those stressful moments that sneak up on you… I quit cold turkey 3 months ago…after 18 years… still struggling, but, I am down to saying Jesus, I trust in you! when those stressful moments and cravings sneak up.

Keep up the great work!
 
praying!!! I am going on my sixth weeks of quitting. Jan 1…the feast of our Lady.

I have had my practice runs alos. but I keep sqeazing the hand of Mary…

God bless you…:signofcross:
 
You’ll make it. I know you will. May the Lord help you in this and in all your life challenges.
 
Thank you to everyone for their prayers! I am at exactly one week of not smoking right now. The nicotine inhaler has been in much use this past week, and I’ve been really tired, cranky, and just foggy overall… but I am not the vicious monster I thought I would turn into. Prayer is a powerful weapon, and again, I want to thank everyone for theirs.

Shoshana and grfeedy, great going with your quits, and I will keep you both in my prayers! May God grant you both all of the graces you need to stick with it, and overcome this addiction.

God Bless!
Ericka
 
Ericka,
Praise to our lord Jesus Christ !and good going to you! You are a non smoker now, you are…remember when you want one , fight the urge ,and it will be over in 10 secs…Praying you are saying this to someone else next year…glad to see you get by with alot of help from the Lord , and a little help from your friends,Warmly, LynneMarie…a three year, & 2 month ciggy quitter…
 
Keep it up. Your doing great! I’m still praying for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
 
Thanks again to everyone for their prayers! I do have another request, though… My mom has followed my example, and smoked her last cigarette last night at midnight… I also am asking prayers for everyone she comes in contact with, because at the very least when she’s not at her happiest (to put it nicely), her driving is homicidal/suicidal. 😃 😉

Ericka
 
Thanks again to everyone for their prayers! I do have another request, though… My mom has followed my example, and smoked her last cigarette last night at midnight… I also am asking prayers for everyone she comes in contact with, because at the very least when she’s not at her happiest (to put it nicely), her driving is homicidal/suicidal. 😃 😉

Ericka
Adding your Mom to prayers to quit smoking. Take Care (both of you).
 
I have quit nearly two weeks ago and its going really well. This is the first time in my life that I have used prayer as the main aid in quitting and this seems to be my best attempt. I will also pray for you and you mom. God bless.
 
I’ll keep you in my prayers. I’m quitting later this week too - add me to the non-smoking prayer list!
 
Adding your Mom to prayers to quit smoking. Take Care (both of you).
Thank you so much for your continued prayers! They mean a whole lot to me, and I think that because of your (both singular and plural) prayers that I am doing well in this quit!
I have quit nearly two weeks ago and its going really well. This is the first time in my life that I have used prayer as the main aid in quitting and this seems to be my best attempt. I will also pray for you and you mom. God bless.
I’ll keep you in my prayers. I’m quitting later this week too - add me to the non-smoking prayer list!
I will be praying for both of you as you go through the withdrawals… I am on quitnet.com, and it has been great, especially for accountability purposes. I would like to recommend that site to you guyes as well.

St. Maximilion Kolbe, pray for us as we are changing our lifestyles and are overcoming addictions to smoking.

God Bless!
Ericka
 
“St. Maximilion Kolbe, pray for us as we are changing our lifestyles and are overcoming addictions to smoking”.

Continued prayers for Ericka and her Mom. Hope you both are feeling better and able to focus on other things as you overcome the habit/addiction to tabacco…
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top