Never Been to Confession In My Life

  • Thread starter Thread starter FinallyPeace
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are very confused about whether you have made your first communion or not. Did you go to classes in a Catholic school or parish and then make your first communion with a group of others? If so, you would have gone to confession. If you have not done this, and have just taken it upon yourself to go to communion you should really talk to your mom about how to proceed. If you are not Catholic, you should not receive communion in a Catholic Church. The fact that you are saying you did not know about mortal sins until recently makes me think you have not been properly catechized if at all.
 
Last edited:
now I’m scared. Is this a bad thing? I didn’t know I had to confess. As a baby I think I learned in a Catholic church but I was taught in a Lutheran church.
 
You should really speak to your mother and your father about your desire to become Catholic. If they say no, and you are underage, you must respect their wishes until you are 18.
 
It looks you didn’t get a proper catechism. That is ok, nowadays we see that the level of doctrine knowledge of Catholics is rather low. Buy the Cathecism of Saint Pius X, it is the best one in this case. It is very concise, clear, easy to understand and tell you pretty much everything you need to know to really start your journey as a Catholic.

This one:
https://www.amazon.com/Catechism-Sa...techism+of+Saint+Pius+X&qid=1575259110&sr=8-1
 
Last edited:
My Dad says if I want to be Lutheran thats okay and if I wanted to be Catholic thats okay.
 
No, she should use the one that the parish says to use where she would be attending classes.
 
Well then, I guess you will need to decide. Until then, do not go for communion in a Catholic Church, but feel free to attend mass.
 
Nice! Buy that book. If you gonna read one book your whole life, that is the one!
 
Again, talk to your parents about how to proceed. Perhaps your mom can go to mass with you and both of you can speak to a priest there.
 
Do I have to confess with my mother with me. Am I aloud to do it alone or do I have to have a parent with me?
 
You know how in all movies and books there’s a “portal” a “door” to the other world?
The sacrament of confession is that “door” to the other world. It is the physical representation of spiritual reality. Mortal sin is a spiritual death for you and hurting of God. You have to ask forgiveness and Lord can’t wait to forgive you because then the sin is completely destroyed and washed away. You have to go through the sacrament. Lord wants you to go to priest because that’s how the supernatural Love and Humility works. Don’t you think any father would wanna his children work together? If you think you can go directly to Jesus then you are already showing a pride which will keep you binded to your sins…
 
Last edited:
I feel that all the Heaven becomes happy when someone says that! Congratulations. Persevere, learn and you will may have the greatest prize of all: God’s vision and presence to all eternity.
 
Last edited:
You will not have your mother in with you when the priest hears your confession.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top